Do you want Lucho to remain coach next season?

Should we keep Lucho next season?

• Total voters
R

reaper

Bullshit!!!

2009-10 season started with us winning 1 of the first 4 games in the Champions League group stage. Losing home to Rubin Kazan and drawing away to Inter and Rubin Kazan. We were almost eliminated in the fucking group stage, a scrappy draw away to Rubin Kazan where we should have lost and a late goal by Messi away to Kiev where we played a shit match was all that saved us. But yea, keep on telling stories about the good old days :facepalm1:

Not to mention the first classico when we played like shit and only won thanks to Ibrahimovic who had 1 shot on goal in the whole game.

BULLSHIT!!

Frank Rijkaard was in charge of the Camp Nou, Lionel Messi was a hopeful starlet, and 50 Cent was at the top of the charts back when the last time Barcelona had floundered to a start this poor in LaLiga. Losing to Celta Vigo meant eight points have been dropped in their first seven league fixtures of 2016/17, amassing just 13 points, a tally not seen since 2005/06.

BBZ8800

Yes. I'm not going to overreact for a few losses. People here expect trebles every season. It really shows who the true fans are and who the glory hunters are.

In an era with Messi, asking for trebles is more or less a reasonable thing.

In other eras, when we will be just a team of regular mortals, without Messi, then asking for trebles all the time will be gloryhunting and childish behavior.

Every season in a world with Messi when we don't end as the best team in a world is a disaster to some extent.
Two seasons in a row in a world with Messi, without winning a CL (for example) is more or less, an absolute disaster, imo.

We have Messi.
We are using the biggest cheat codes in a history of all sports.
We just can't accept average results currently, sorry.

God Serena

I don't think it's ever too early to discuss this. It's not like things can't change going forward if Lucho gets his shit together.

He gave us an incredible first two seasons but at this point in this season he's not been so great. We're even worse off now than we were in his first season here when damn near everyone wanted him gone. He's an average tactician at best and always has been, and our team has heavily relied on the brilliance of MSN to be successful. His disregard of La Masia no matter who is there has been very unsettling and he's made numerous simply baffling decisions in his transfers that to this day still hurt us.

Should we keep him? I'll say yes, because I don't know of anyone else to replace him. But do I hope he extends his contract? I can't honestly say I do.

Xtroverto

BULLSHIT!!

Frank Rijkaard was in charge of the Camp Nou, Lionel Messi was a hopeful starlet, and 50 Cent was at the top of the charts back when the last time Barcelona had floundered to a start this poor in LaLiga. Losing to Celta Vigo meant eight points have been dropped in their first seven league fixtures of 2016/17, amassing just 13 points, a tally not seen since 2005/06.

Again, we were almost eliminated in the fucking Champions League group stage in 2009 with Guardiola as manager, the team was run over by fucking Rubin Kazan on Camp Nou. Luis Enrique gang **** Guardiola in the Champions league as manager for Barcelona, Guardiola was so fucking lucky in his first season in the champions league it is almost comical, remember the group stage match against Shakhtar were we got away with murder, not to mention the Chelsea draw were we should have been eliminated, but you have forgotten that haven't you.

For your pathetic worst start bullshit i present all 14 seasons since Rijkaard was hired

W-D-L
13-1-3 LE
11-3-3 LE
13-1-3 LE
13-4-0 TM
14-1-2 TV
12-5-0 PG
12-3-2 PG
12-4-1 PG
13-2-2 PG
11-4-2 FR
10-4-3 FR
10-5-2 FR
12-2-3 FR
9-5-3 FR

As you can see, the only two seasons that had a better start than this one was the one under Tito Villanova with 14 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses and the following under Tata Martino 2013-14 with 13 wins, 4 draws and 0 losses.

vinni

I hope he stays. We won a treble and a double with him. He is surely allowed to have a slow start to the season this year. No need to go all bananas when we loose a few matches. We have a few too many midfielders that complicate things, but its a luxery problem and i think we will sort it out soon enough.

Hopefully imo, he stays until Xaci is ready to take over. :)

vlad

yes, he needs to stay, is he decide to leave, then okay, his decision, it will be hard to find coach witch such a great connection with players, true, he is not the best when it comes to tactic and doing right moves during the match when things looks bad, but its hard to find better coach for barca today then lucho.

i dont know why so many of you mention xavi? he just leaved barca to play in middle east with amateurs to earn some more money, as a coach, he needs to prove himself first in barca B or in other team, dont want xavi as a coach just because he is legend in barcelona.

eaman

Yes luis Enrique should stay but I do feel barca are getting too far from their tiki taka brilliance. He needs to forget about buying strikers and spend most of his money in January or next season on Marco verratti coz he is the closest player in the game nowadays to xavi.

God Serena

I don't think it's ever too early to discuss this. It's not like things can't change going forward if Lucho gets his shit together.

He gave us an incredible first two seasons but at this point in this season he's not been so great. We're even worse off now than we were in his first season here when damn near everyone wanted him gone. He's an average tactician at best and always has been, and our team has heavily relied on the brilliance of MSN to be successful. His disregard of La Masia no matter who is there has been very unsettling and he's made numerous simply baffling decisions in his transfers that to this day still hurt us.

Should we keep him? I'll say yes, because I don't know of anyone else to replace him. But do I hope he extends his contract? I can't honestly say I do.

I've changed my mind. Gtfo, Lucho.

BBZ8800

Yes as I think he'll turn it around and we'll go on a run of wins soon :)

1. his 3rd season, an era is coming to an end
2. too many players without motivation (won too many trophies)
3. too many midfielders
4. Lucho an average tactician

Imo, we have a higher chance to win a CL this season (by luck, RM's style) than to win La liga, where you need consistency.

We will play this way (hot and cold) and lose points once in 3-4 games, more or less till the end of a season.
This coach and our current motivational level can't do better than that.

RM is hungrier this season, La Liga is probably theirs.

God Serena

1. his 3rd season, an era is coming to an end
2. too many players without motivation (won too many trophies)
3. too many midfielders
4. Lucho an average tactician

Imo, we have a higher chance to win a CL this season (by luck, RM's style) than to win La liga, where you need consistency.

We will play this way (hot and cold) and lose points once in 3-4 games, more or less till the end of a season.
This coach and our current motivational level can't do better than that.

RM is hungrier this season, La Liga is probably theirs.

The chances of us getting RM style luck in the CL is about as high as Neymar scoring a hat trick in the upcoming Clasico. The chance of RM getting RM style luck in the CL this season is... well, they're going to get it.

BBZ8800

The chances of us getting RM style luck in the CL is about as high as Neymar scoring a hat trick in the upcoming Clasico. The chance of RM getting RM style luck in the CL this season is... well, they're going to get it.

Well, people are used to 2006', 2009', 2011' and 2015' when we were more or less the best in the world and we have also won a CL.

In 1992' we weren't that good/dominant.
Also, currently we aren't as dominating as before.

We don't need to be a total crap, but a time will come when RM/AM will win La liga, we will play meh, and we will have good 2 Months in April/May and "steal" a CL title (from teams who were more consistent in that year).

Imo, I don't believe that we will any of Liga/CL this season, but if I would need to put my money on one of them, I would chose a CL.

If we'll play like a crap in la liga (which is very likely), I have my hopes that Leo (and a few teammates) will get angry by April, that he will turn his magic (there is no World cup this summer, luckily. You know that our last 3 CLs were in years without a World cup/Euros. So, "his mind" will be only with Barca).

I do have hopes that we can steal a CL.
Even though, that would probably mean that Lucho is a magician then :thinking:

Raketa10

Well, people are used to 2006', 2009', 2011' and 2015' when we were more or less the best in the world and we have also won a CL.

In 1992' we weren't that good/dominant.
Also, currently we aren't as dominating as before.

We don't need to be a total crap, but a time will come when RM/AM will win La liga, we will play meh, and we will have good 2 Months in April/May and "steal" a CL title (from teams who were more consistent in that year).

Imo, I don't believe that we will any of Liga/CL this season, but if I would need to put my money on one of them, I would chose a CL.

If we'll play like a crap in la liga (which is very likely), I have my hopes that Leo (and a few teammates) will get angry by April, that he will turn his magic (there is no World cup this summer, luckily. You know that our last 3 CLs were in years without a World cup/Euros. So, "his mind" will be only with Barca).

I do have hopes that we can steal a CL.
Even though, that would probably mean that Lucho is a magician then :thinking:

For winning CL you either need to have a good draw and a bit of luck, or you have to play great as we did in 2014/15. But we NEVER had such an easy draw like RM had last year so I do not have high hopes we will win it if we do not improve significantly.

Lucho does not need to be a magican he just has to start doin his f...k job. This squad is strong enough (only new RB needed in January) to win all 3 titles but you can not do that with shit managing like Lucho is doing right now. That is our No.1 problem.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
I am on the fence right now. It is not about the results, I just don't like how the team is playing right now. But he needs more time to turn it around. He did win the treble in his first season then a double in his second.

Home of Barca Fans