Jordi Mboula

Jair Ventura

Well yeah. That is why he left. He knew he was too trash to make it at LaLiga so went to a league more to his level.

*sips coffee*

Next.

Your logic would make sense if Barca weren't spending much of their budget in France or on Brasilians these days. Can't build your own footballers so you bring in players from countries that can. :wave:

Next.

Alik

Your logic would make sense if Barca weren't spending much of their budget in France or on Brasilians these days. Can't build your own footballers so you bring in players from countries that can. :wave:

Next.

So far most of the budget spent in France and Brazil has failed to impress.

El Trencaxarxes

So far most of the budget spent in France and Brazil has failed to impress.

It's not too unreasonable to be sceptic about Brazil after the catastrophic Traffic-related transfers - Keirrison, Henrique and Douglas - but how on earth are you going to deny that we've had so much success buying from France?

Yeah, alright. Malcom hasn't been great so far, but let's not pretend that he's already a failure. He's 21 years old and we're not even half a year into his stint at the club. No need to get irrational about it.

But let's have a look at the players we've bought in France before that:
- Samuel Umtiti from Lyon for € 25.000.000. So far he's played 90 matches and won five titles with us.
- Lucas Digne from PSG for € 16.500.000. Played 46 games, won four titles, was an extremely solid backup and sold with a profit.
- Éric Abidal from Lyon for € 15.000.000. Played 193 matches, won 15 titles. Hardly needs any further introduction. A great.
- Yaya Touré from Monaco for € 9.000.000. Played 188 matches, scored six and won seven titles. Was a shining light in the catastrophic 07-08 season. Sold for a then record fee.
- Ludovic Giuly from Monaco for € 8.500.000. Played 124 matches, scored 26 and won five titles. Key man in our return to the status as a European powerhouse.
- Edmílson from Lyon for € 8.000.000. Played 96 matches and won four titles. Had a bad injury in his first season, but was an important player in winning the Double 2006.
- Ronaldinho from PSG for € 30.000.000. Played 207 matches, scored 94 and won five titles. I don't think I need to add anything here. Legend of the club and of the game.
- Rafael Márquez from Monaco for € 6.350.000. Played 240 matches, scored 12 and won 12 titles. His partnership with Puyi took us from being nearly great to the best team.

If anything we should be looking a lot more to France for our transfers. We have a stellar record recruiting players there - especially with Lyon - and the pool of talent in France is nearly inexhaustible.

Porque

Next.

Well yeah, like fruits, when they outgrow the farm, they move the big leagues.

Jair Ventura

Also the only player from France XI playing in france

Kylian, Kimpembe, Areola, Mandanda, Fekir, Ndombele, Payet, Thauvin-- All part of the national team rotation. And then there's Umtiti, Lacazette, Dembélé, Lemar, Kanté, Mendy and a few others who were developed in Ligue 1.

Do people receive rewards for being ignorant haters that I'm unaware of? Otherwise I don't understand the point in investing so much time in sharing with people all of the things you don't know.

Alik

It's not too unreasonable to be sceptic about Brazil after the catastrophic Traffic-related transfers - Keirrison, Henrique and Douglas - but how on earth are you going to deny that we've had so much success buying from France?

Yeah, alright. Malcom hasn't been great so far, but let's not pretend that he's already a failure. He's 21 years old and we're not even half a year into his stint at the club. No need to get irrational about it.

But let's have a look at the players we've bought in France before that:
- Samuel Umtiti from Lyon for € 25.000.000. So far he's played 90 matches and won five titles with us.
- Lucas Digne from PSG for € 16.500.000. Played 46 games, won four titles, was an extremely solid backup and sold with a profit.
- Éric Abidal from Lyon for € 15.000.000. Played 193 matches, won 15 titles. Hardly needs any further introduction. A great.
- Yaya Touré from Monaco for € 9.000.000. Played 188 matches, scored six and won seven titles. Was a shining light in the catastrophic 07-08 season. Sold for a then record fee.
- Ludovic Giuly from Monaco for € 8.500.000. Played 124 matches, scored 26 and won five titles. Key man in our return to the status as a European powerhouse.
- Edmílson from Lyon for € 8.000.000. Played 96 matches and won four titles. Had a bad injury in his first season, but was an important player in winning the Double 2006.
- Ronaldinho from PSG for € 30.000.000. Played 207 matches, scored 94 and won five titles. I don't think I need to add anything here. Legend of the club and of the game.
- Rafael Márquez from Monaco for € 6.350.000. Played 240 matches, scored 12 and won 12 titles. His partnership with Puyi took us from being nearly great to the best team.

If anything we should be looking a lot more to France for our transfers. We have a stellar record recruiting players there - especially with Lyon - and the pool of talent in France is nearly inexhaustible.

I was referring to recent history - the period of time where we can't build our own footballers.

Kingkongkong

Kylian, Kimpembe, Areola, Mandanda, Fekir, Ndombele, Payet, Thauvin-- All part of the national team rotation. And then there's Umtiti, Lacazette, Dembélé, Lemar, Kanté, Mendy and a few others who were developed in Ligue 1.

Do people receive rewards for being ignorant haters that I'm unaware of? Otherwise I don't understand the point in investing so much time in sharing with people all of the things you don't know.

“Part of the rotation” not the XI
They were developers there so? The point was them moving towards bigger Leagues

El Trencaxarxes

I was referring to recent history - the period of time where we can't build our own footballers.

And when exactly is that? Are you only looking to include Malcom then? If that's the case, then you also have to only look at Arthur, which makes your point about Brazilians completely ridiculous. If you want to include the Traffic-transfers, then you have to include Digne and Umtiti as well, and in that case you can hardly say that we have more bad than good experiences buying from France. Regardless of whenever this very specific time period of yours applies, I think it's utter nonsense to try and downplay the pool of talent in Ligue 1. We need to look to Ligue 1 right now, because that's where you'll get the most value for your money in terms of not just talent but also ability.

xXKonan

[tw]1150828365588389893[/tw]

Was loaned out to Cercle Brugge. He left us for Monaco in hopes of First team action off the bat, only for Jardim to not rate him as soon as he came. Then he suffered some injuries, Monaco went through a crisis and pretty back to square one again.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Shame but hopefully this might serve as a cautionary tale for others considering a departure. Then again, staying in this era & with this board leaves you with just as little chance to make it at the highest level here

Devils

This guy is a total bum.

Leaves Barca B to gain stardom only to end up in a place worse than Barca B a few years later.

Total fraud!

Home of Barca Fans