Jordi Mboula

Zinedinho

Because he has no composure or ball control. I don't know, maybe he could become a Gabigol type of talent if he keeps it up. It's just not the same going past defenders in that age as professional players. What makes him stand out right now, I don't see it being worth much in the future.

I see what you mean. I've always been unconvinced. His first touch is sometimes abysmal, but then again he can do brilliant stuff. I'm not sure at this point what type of player he's going to be. It will depend a lot on his mentality. I'm more confident about what to expect from Carles Pérez, to name another promising winger.

khaled_a_d

Hope so too. Lucho did many great things but I will never forgive him his mistreatment of youth.

tbh he was never hired for this, the team was a mess when he arrived and the all time greatest player was 27. Achieving something from Messi prime was his main task
I think it was a situation of "future is now" thing for Barca,he also tried to promote youth with Sandro & Munir but there was never an elite talent for him to develop while being able to win at same time.Surely had his fair share of mistakes but I think that one was exaggerated to some extent.
I mean Pep has been always credited for his youth movement,but he promoted same number of players Lucho did in 3 years,but Busquets & Pedro are levels above Munir & Sandro. then he wasn't able to do same with either Bayern or City when he didn't have elite talents in the academy.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca were more a mess when Rijkaard took over. Other coaches didn't inherit great situation either.

There's no excuse for not promoting one player in 3 years in FC Barcelona.

khaled_a_d

Hmmm,Did Rijkaard have a 27 years old Messi back then? Rijkaard was asked for a complete rebuild and was given time for that,had stronger academy too and many young players that were already seeing playing time with LVG like Valdes,Iniesta & Oleguer. It was a complete opposite of Lucho situation.
And Rijkaard (my all time favorite coach btw) had his fair share of mistakes too,after the players that already seen playing time b4 he came(Iniesta,VV,Oleguer) the only successful promotion he did was Messi (Lucho never had such talent in the academy) and the guy was giving more chances to Crosas over Busquets.

God Serena

You can't deny Lucho's mishandling of youth. We have Paco and Gomes instead of Munir and Samper/Alena. We used a broken Adriano and Mathieu at LB and let Grimaldo leave for peanuts. We went most of the season with no RB when we didn't have any on the first team. If any of these past managers had these options, it's not hard to guess what many of them would have done.

Zinedinho

The thing is, Barça made a mistake when they signed Cesc, which led to the departure of Thiago, a player that would be most needed in our team right now. A player from La Masia. It's not Lucho's fault, because it happened before and was a long term decision in which youth should've prevailed over a 40 million euro signing for a backup midfielder. Instead, we got Cesc and Thiago left as a consequence.

In these situations, please, don't spend the money, try first with the Aleñás and MBoulas. It should be a strategic principle.

Last edited:

God Serena

So if Gomes and Paco had succeeded then Lucho would have dealt rightfully with our youth?

No. If they'd have succeeded bringing them in would be forgivable, but neither player showed themselves to be a significantly better player, some would argue they showed little to prove they were better at all.

Messi983

Munir and Samper will come back and Alena is still here. Don't really see any problem.

Paco and Gomes will also be fine when they fully adapt to the team and under new coach.

F

FlaFCB

[tw]855383522533666816[/tw]

They better keep him. Cucurella as well.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
His agent is negotiating with Monaco already. They promised him a starting position in their first team, allegedly. We might just lose another gem.

God Serena

His agent is negotiating with Monaco already. They promised him a starting position in their first team, allegedly. We might just lose another gem.

Try to get a buyback clause. Him starting for Monaco would be incredible for his development, several times better than loafing around the B team before inevitably being loaned or sold if our next manager is anything like the past few.

Home of Barca Fans