Jordi Mboula

xXKonan

He barely did any preseason for the team and got injured. I think he recovered but was never called up to the match days squads since then.

I'm guessing Jardim thinks he's not ready compared to the options he already has or he doesn't rate him at all.

God Serena

I guess not...

...but hey, at least you can now spend your free time on more interesting matters than watching a plundered, Mboula-less Monaco side ;)

Indeed.

This should be a lesson for any other La Masia "superstars" who think the grass is so much greener abroad.

JamDav1982

These players leave for money anything else they claim is bullshit.

Like Garcia who left to join the great youth project at City..... Where their best young player just left as doesnt see way to first team and Pep has moaned about much worse system for bringing through players is than in Spain.

xXKonan

Problem is you see a lot of Catalan Journalists always give La Masia players around Mboula/Garcia's ages so much leeway and they defend them and accuse of the Club for driving them away from Barcelona. I mean sure La Masia isn't perfect and the Board is wank but not all of these guys leave Barcelona because they feel like they might not have a future here.

A lot of these guys leave because they get Financial offers that are to big to resist for their ages most of them from the EPL. while there's nothing wrong with that, the problem I have is the excuses by Journalists/people these guys make to paint things different from what really happened to make it sound like "it was the clubs fault that poor Garcia left and it wasn't about the money!!!!"

Who the hell joins Manchester City's youth team and expects them to be promoted to the first team within a couple of years? I'll admit City's youth program isn't terrible but even the likes of Pep complained just how limited and worse the system is over there to bring up youth players.

Garcia and Puyol were most likely tempted by money in this deal to bring him there. by the time Garcia even is at that age to get promoted to the first team or have a chance Pep will likely be gone by then.

FC433

^ 100%

As much as I hate the board; they were not the reason that these young players left. Mboula if he really wanted to come to Barca, he would have renewed his contract and demand a buyback option. Hopefully he becomes an example for the rest of La Masia.

khaled_a_d

1-I agree that it is all about money,players can't resist their first big paycheck.
2-Jordi left for an easier way in 1st team, and tbh Monaco will offer him that sooner or later. They have higher turnover rate in their player, they can afford youth. If he isn't gonna make it their then he was never going to make it here.

xXKonan

I was curious and decided to check an AS Monaco fan forum how he was doing and it seems like he's not all that favorable by the fans on there.

He's played 308 Minutes of game time this season but apparently hasn't been all that impressive. I really think this move to Monaco wasn't a good one on his part.

Jair Ventura

I was curious and decided to check an AS Monaco fan forum how he was doing and it seems like he's not all that favorable by the fans on there.

He's played 308 Minutes of game time this season but apparently hasn't been all that impressive. I really think this move to Monaco wasn't a good one on his part.

He's trash, that's the main issue. All that talk of a farmers league but a Barca youth can't keep up with the pace or level of play.

Jair Ventura

Fine. We concede that Ligue 1 is tougher than the Spanish youth leagues.

With the way you all talk I figured a youth player from the top academy in Spain would be better than trash. Instead he's one of the worse players of his age group.

Porque

He's trash, that's the main issue. All that talk of a farmers league but a Barca youth can't keep up with the pace or level of play.

Well yeah. That is why he left. He knew he was too trash to make it at LaLiga so went to a league more to his level.

*sips coffee*

Next.

Home of Barca Fans