Marc Cucurella

Jallo

Could be the right decision to leave seeing as how Miranda is going to get every chance possible. I would like to see the two of them have a fair battle for the LB position next season for the first team.

ebieymjunior

Why not just sell Digne, promote Cucurella and let him back up Alba. That way Miranda has all the time to play for the B team.

And in a few year:
- either Cucurella is good enough to be a starter, Alba is sold and Miranda is promoted
- or he's not good enough and Miranda takes his place

Win win either way:
- we don't waste money on another LB
- we gain money from the sale of Digne
- everyone is happy

Last edited:

Porque

I liked Cucu more in the B team than Miranda this season. When Miranda played he was awful and a huge liability. But it could be because of the age gap.

Best of both worlds is sell with buyback Cucu to the right club, while letting Miranda have a full season with the B team in Segunda/B. Digne is a reliable backup and those are hard to come by in this market. I would keep him until he is either fed up of not starting or one of Miranda/Cucu is ready.

khaled_a_d

Why not just sell Digne, promote Cucurella and let him back up Alba. That way Miranda has all the time to play for the B team.

And in a few year:
- either Cucurella is good enough to be a starter, Alba is sold and Miranda is promoted
- or he's not good enough and Miranda takes his place

Win win either way:
- we don't waste money on another LB
- we gain money from the sale of Digne
- everyone is happy

What if both Cucu and Miranda aren't good enough for B team now? What if it turns Cucu is a huge downgrade in the position?

ebieymjunior

What if both Cucu and Miranda aren't good enough for B team now? What if it turns Cucu is a huge downgrade in the position?

Then you at least gave it a try. They might turn out to be good, then you have good players; if not, then you can still buy another player.
But I think our first instinct should be to look to our own players, especially now that we want Griezmann, Arthur and another midfielder, saves some money.

I liked Cucu more in the B team than Miranda this season. When Miranda played he was awful and a huge liability. But it could be because of the age gap.

Best of both worlds is sell with buyback Cucu to the right club, while letting Miranda have a full season with the B team in Segunda/B. Digne is a reliable backup and those are hard to come by in this market. I would keep him until he is either fed up of not starting or one of Miranda/Cucu is ready.

Not a bad plan

Raketa10

100% agree

Messi983

Agreed.

We can do another thing though. Sell Digne and replace him with a versatile player who can play multiple positions (LB/RB or maybe CB as well). Don't know who that player could be (Ricardo Pereira maybe?) but if we want to have shorter squad (around 20 players and 2 GKs) then getting another versatile player like Roberto wouldn't be bad.

Talking about Gladbach's interest in Cucurella that Pedro Garcia guy has said several times on twitter (I haven't seen it anywhere else though so could be BS) that we are interested in Nico Elvedi. Don't know much about him but he can play RB, CB and apparently LB as well so maybe we could do some deal with Gladbach in summer.

Just a thought but overall I think we should concentrate on other things in summer so I would go with your plan. Keep Digne, loan/sell with buyback Cucu and give Miranda a full season as a starter in Barça B (especially if they'll play in Segunda B) and let him train with the first team sometimes and call him up for easier Copa games. Then re-evaluate things next summer.

Galning

I don't think he's good enough for the first team to be honest. People complained about Grimaldo but he looked 5x the player Cucu is when playing for the B.

Raketa10

i don't think he's good enough for the first team to be honest. People complained about grimaldo but he looked 5x the player cucu is when playing for the b.

At the moment he for sure isn't good enough for the first team, there is no doubt about that.

Messi983

Gladbach has confirmed the signing of Keanan Bennets, 19 year-old LB from Tottenham so I doubt they are still interested in Cucu (if they were).

[tw]997409873221619713[/tw]

ebieymjunior

Save money and get him to replace Digne as the understudy to Alba. In the beginning he can play the easy games as rotation and bit by bit he can become a good substitute for when Alba is tired/injured.

Joan

Save money and get him to replace Digne as the understudy to Alba. In the beginning he can play the easy games as rotation and bit by bit he can become a good substitute for when Alba is tired/injured.

Seems like they're planning to do just that.

Thoughts?

God Serena

Seems like they're planning to do just that.

Thoughts?

If this is what happens he'll essentially just be a stopgap before Miranda inevitably takes his spot. It'll be a boost to the board's out of nowhere La Masia focus and give the impression that they are doing more than just talking about it. Either way it's hard to see him having much longevity with Miranda being the heir apparent unless Alba (Who admittedly is going on 30 now, where has the time gone?) takes a massive hit to his pace which tbh could quite possibly happen. Either way we'd have a starter and a backup who are of La Masia, which the board are almost certain to parade as a success...

Home of Barca Fans