Marc Cucurella

tacticvarium

Regardless of the fact whether he is being used politically or not
I don't think there is a significant gap between Cucu and Miranda in terms of potential considering how talented Morey is.
It's still too early to deem Miranda as a possible successor among the two.
It’s also highly possible that both of them end up leaving.

JamDav1982

Cucu is not good enough in my opinion.

If Digne goes would guess likes of Lenglet, Umtiti even Semedo or Roberto will play LB if needed ahead of turning to Cucu.

22-25m for Digne is too much to turn down really.

God Serena

Regardless of the fact whether he is being used politically or not
I don't think there is a significant gap between Cucu and Miranda in terms of potential considering how talented Morey is.
It's still too early to deem Miranda as a possible successor among the two.
It’s also highly possible that both of them end up leaving.

Literally every word of this post is a direct contradiction to every word we've heard about the two from the board and papers.

Well done...

tacticvarium

Literally every word of this post is a direct contradiction to every word we've heard about the two from the board and papers.

Well done...

They will be obviously given some chances when / if they are promoted to the first team but I just don't rate both Cucu and Miranda highly unlike the talents like Oriol, Morey etc. They both seem to have low footballing intelligence.

xXKonan

If Digne gets sold, Cucu will be promoted and will probably play some games but the most realistic scenario especially in tougher games When/If Alba is out that Umtiti and Lenglet will play there but mostly Umtiti since he's played LB and it gives Lenglet more time at LCB with Pique.

I see Cucu as a talented player but he has had his fair share of struggles last season and I would be cautious with him if I were Valverde.

God Serena

They will be obviously given some chances when / if they are promoted to the first team but I just don't rate both Cucu and Miranda highly unlike the talents like Oriol, Morey etc. They both seem to have low footballing intelligence.

Considering Alba is about as low on the totem pole as it gets when it comes to footballing intelligence, I'm going to have to say I don't think that's all too important when it comes to being his backup.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see basis on which people expect Cucu to be promoted and considered backup LB. Valverde hasn't played him at all.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
I don't see basis on which people expect Cucu to be promoted and considered backup LB. Valverde hasn't played him at all.

We'll see how he does tonight. Spurs will be playing a strong squad, if he wants to be promoted he should put on a good performance against the likes of L. Moura.

BBZ8800

He looks like a defensive RB.
Or like when you put Oleguer/Matthieu as a fullback.

It seems that he lacks attacking "magic".

FCBfan22

As things stand now, Miranda is the frontrunner to replace Digne. But I would like to see Cucu play with the team that played the 1st half.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
As things stand now, Miranda is the frontrunner to replace Digne. But I would like to see Cucu play with the team that played the 1st half.

Based on one pre-season match? One half?

I'd be cautious of making predictions for either knowing Valverde and his reluctance to play youngsters even in weak Copa matches.

But who knows. Hope we see more of them and they impress.

FCBfan22

Based on one pre-season match? One half?

I'd be cautious of making predictions for either knowing Valverde and his reluctance to play youngsters even in weak Copa matches.

But who knows. Hope we see more of them and they impress.

I really didn't like how Cucu was constantly losing his man during the 2nd half. But now, I would like to see the roles of Cucu and Miranda reversed, so we can see if there is a difference in quality between them or was Miranda elevated by the teammates that played with him in the 1st half.

xXKonan

Two sets of teams this is true but for me Miranda seems more assertive and reeks more confidence than Cucu does.

Cucu for me is still a good talent but it remains to be seen if he can be a decent enough backup for Alba at this point in time. We just have to wait and see I guess.

Home of Barca Fans