Marc Cucurella

God Serena

Yeah, Cucu could have probably done a lot better if he played with the first half team, but the thing is, Miranda was definitely not elevated by playing with that bunch. He was a key player in dominating the Spurs in the first half and Lucas didn't give him nearly the amount of trouble you'd expect him to give an 18 year old who hasn't even played for the B team yet.

Joan

Miranda is a special talent. That said, I don't want him promoted. Needs to play week in week out. I'm afraid to think of it, but a loan might be a good option.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Should play for Barca B this season and called up when needed. Shouldn't be loaned out. Sure he might be playing in Segunda B, but it means nothing when it comes to his development. He got the perfect coach to take him further.

FCBfan22

We will need one of Cucu/Miranda on the first team this year. Digne is gone. It's just a question which one.

Joan

Should play for Barca B this season and called up when needed. Shouldn't be loaned out. Sure he might be playing in Segunda B, but it means nothing when it comes to his development. He got the perfect coach to take him further.

Is there a limit to how many matches can a B team player play for the A team before being automatically promoted? Is it 5?

xXKonan

From what Ferran Martinez reported a couple of weeks ago, Cucu doesn't want to play for the B team anymore as he feels it's a step backwards in his career.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Is there a limit to how many matches can a B team player play for the A team before being automatically promoted? Is it 5?

I believe it's 5 yeah.

From what Ferran Martinez reported a couple of weeks ago, Cucu doesn't want to play for the B team anymore as he feels it's a step backwards in his career.

Talking about Miranda. No clue what they're going to do with Cucu. Not confident he has what it takes to play 1st team football for Barca right now.

xXKonan

I believe it's 5 yeah.

Talking about Miranda. No clue what they're going to do with Cucu. Not confident he has what it takes to play 1st team football for Barca right now.
Oh I agree with about Miranda though. Yeah he looks good imo to early right now to straight up promote him.

In regards to Cucu they will promote him and use him as a placeholder until Miranda is ready imo.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I believe there's an age associated with that restriction. Under a certain age you're okay to play with the B team even after 5 Liga appearances.

xXKonan

I believe there's an age associated with that restriction. Under a certain age you're okay to play with the B team even after 5 Liga appearances.
The age limit is 23 I believe. If you're 23 years old and play for the B team and play one La liga game you're automatically promoted.

during the 2016-17 season when Masche and Mathieu were injured we were short on CBs and Marlon at the time didn't receive clearance yet we were forced to look at Martinez and Lopez and honestly thank fuck that rule exist since we were close to using Martinez as a possible sub as he was 23 at the time.

Joan

So... if Miranda stays with the B team, could he play more than 5 league matches for us without being promoted? I don't think so.

raki

I would promote Miranda to the main team and if Cucurella does not want to stay in B team, which is understandable, i would sell him.

Home of Barca Fans