Marc Cucurella

xXKonan

Godswill? Man I forgot about him and according to transfermarkt he's playing for League one side (English third Division) Fleetwood Town, since November and only has played 264 mins worth of game time overall.

I remember he was also on tryout for Watford's U-23 team but it looks like he failed to impress enough to get a contract.

JamDav1982

Palencia is one of the best players in the B team and also the captain I believe. He can also play both as a rb and lb so why not give him a chance? Grimaldo is an amazing talent and very versatile, Samper is also very talented but we loaned him to possibly the worst team in the league that doesn't suit our/his style of play at all. He had an amazing performance against Eibar i think but we will see what he's capable of next season.

Palencia has been solid but nothing spectacular for a 21 year old playing in third tier. Great attitude but doesnt have the ability going forward to be a Barca full back or the physical side to be more of a defender. It is never about just giving a young player a chance they have to show they are good enough and for me he hasnt whether he is the latest favourite name of folk to quote or not.

Samper was loaned to Granada with Paco Jemez in charge which should have been a great fit but even in those early games he wasnt great. There is an onus on him to go an d prove himself even if a poor team can always just be handed ideal surrounding and he just hasnt looked that great this season.

hulinat

Palencia has been solid but nothing spectacular for a 21 year old playing in third tier. Great attitude but doesnt have the ability going forward to be a Barca full back or the physical side to be more of a defender. It is never about just giving a young player a chance they have to show they are good enough and for me he hasnt whether he is the latest favourite name of folk to quote or not.

Samper was loaned to Granada with Paco Jemez in charge which should have been a great fit but even in those early games he wasnt great. There is an onus on him to go an d prove himself even if a poor team can always just be handed ideal surrounding and he just hasnt looked that great this season.

yes but you also have to take into consideration that half of Granada's players are loanees and their squads average age is probably about 21, so theres lots of young players with very little chemistry in a team that's fighting for relegation. I wouldnt judge Samper based on this season, I wanna see him in a Barca shirt first.

JamDav1982

yes but you also have to take into consideration that half of Granada's players are loanees and their squads average age is probably about 21, so theres lots of young players with very little chemistry in a team that's fighting for relegation. I wouldnt judge Samper based on this season, I wanna see him in a Barca shirt first.

Not writing off Samper but hate all these excuses given for players when they need to take more individual responsibility to show what they can do.

Plenty of players have shone in similar situations. It is fairly common for lower La Liga teams to have high turnover of players. Not writing him off just think he should have shown more.

God Serena

Samper is in his first season in La Liga after making the jump from the 3rd division and he was loaned to the worst team in the league, of course he isn't going to come in and make waves. He wouldn't be a significant step down from most of our midfielders and in the case of Gomes he'd probably be quite a bit better. His performance at Granada is fine for a player who was always going to be a backup player at best growing up as a Busquets clone with less talent than Busquets.

God Serena

What happened to your post khaled? I was trying to reply and it wouldn't let me and now the post is gone. I don't think there was anything there to warrant deleting?

khaled_a_d

What happened to your post khaled? I was trying to reply and it wouldn't let me and now the post is gone. I don't think there was anything there to warrant deleting?

I deleted it, I am having exams and thought it isn't really worth discussion when we had such arguments like 10 times b4 :cheers:

navidjaan

Don't worry, we will buy him back in a few years for 90m. It is our style.

I get the joke, but I don't think he'll be **that** good. Not as talented as Grimaldo, but nonetheless a good talent with a possible first team future. If he was taller he'd be a perfect LCB.

Zinedinho

I get the joke, but I don't think he'll be **that** good. Not as talented as Grimaldo, but nonetheless a good talent with a possible first team future. If he was taller he'd be a perfect LCB.

Maybe not at as talented as an all-around football player, but potentially a better LB, in my opinion. He has a better balance of qualities.

By the way, that game against Eldense is under suspicion, to say the least. The Spanish police arrested 7 members of the team today, including the guy that was crying after the game.

God Serena

Maybe not at as talented as an all-around football player, but potentially a better LB, in my opinion. He has a better balance of qualities.

By the way, that game against Eldense is under suspicion, to say the least. The Spanish police arrested 7 members of the team today, including the guy that was crying after the game.

The match fixing doesn't change that our team is on a massive roll and that Cucu is ready to be promoted next season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He is going to be promoted to Barca B next season anyway. Well, as long as he doesn't go to Borussia Dortmund.

Home of Barca Fans