Marc Cucurella

xXKonan

[tw]1024406620376322048[/tw]

Says the club Relies on Cucurella to replace Digne and Cucu hasn't listened to offers and he has received an offer from Mainz.

Last edited:

God Serena

Right call to promote the kid. Digne is highly overrated and Cucu apparently is severely underrated. I think he'll do a fine job of filling in when needed, and having him will raise the La Masia count as well as give time for our true Alba successor to develop with the B team without needing to be rushed.

xXKonan

Early on I thought he wasn't bad but as the game went on you can see how limited he is going forward compared to the likes of Miranda.

Could end up being a more limited left foot version of Montoya.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Think we did a mistake letting Digne go. Alba runs a lot and there's going to be wear and tear plus he's 30.

Just can't see Cucu being a solid backup.

Joan

Think we did a mistake letting Digne go. Alba runs a lot and there's going to be wear and tear plus he's 30.

Just can't see Cucu being a solid backup.
Right. Wanted Jonny who can play on both flanks as a RB/LB replacement. 2 problems at once, Roberto could go to the midfield and we'd be in safe hands.

Guess Digne wanted to leave, though.

God Serena

Yes he has lol. Cucurella, Arnaiz and Alena have all been promoted to the first team. Its in their contract

I don't recall seeing anything about that in any of their contracts. Alena was certain to be promoted and Arnaiz was not initially considered first team potential originally iirc. Same goes for Cucu, it's extremely unlikely he had a promotion clause in his contract after only playing for Barca B for one season.

God Serena

I don't recall seeing anything about that in any of their contracts. Alena was certain to be promoted and Arnaiz was not initially considered first team potential originally iirc. Same goes for Cucu, it's extremely unlikely he had a promotion clause in his contract after only playing for Barca B for one season.

Even Cucu referred to himself as a Barca B player. Although if you believe MD he'll be promoted anyways now that Digne is gone and Miranda isn't ready.

Home of Barca Fans