Administrator
Staff member
MARC CUCURELLA

MD_20131129_FOTOS_D_54394669336-652x492@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

Name: Marc CUCURELLA - CUCU
Born: 22 July 1998
Position: Left back​

Messi983

I like him too from what I've seen. Hopefully we'll keep him.

[MENTION=20074]navidjaan[/MENTION]: Have you plans to make any video of him in the near future? Also, do you think he has first team potential? And how would you compare him to Grimaldo?

navidjaan

[MENTION=20074]navidjaan[/MENTION]: Have you plans to make any video of him in the near future?

Yes.

Also, do you think he has first team potential?

Yes, but first success is needed at Barça B.

And how would you compare him to Grimaldo?

Worse in attack, better in defense. Plays more with his heart. More Puyol-like. Less talent and potential in general, despite being good himself.

Messi983

Thanks. Looking forward to this and your other videos.

Yes, but first success is needed at Barça B.

Of course he first needs to prove himself at Barça B. I was thinking more about him potentially replacing Digne in 2-3 years (nothing against Digne personally but I think his ceilling is reliable backup while Cucu might be better than that so if we could sell the Frenchman and recuperate most of the transfer fee and replace him with our youngster than I'm for that) as our backup LB and maybe even become a starter when Alba will start to decline. There are not a lot of great LBs out there so it hurts we let our best talented youngster who will probably develop into world class player go for almost nothing and while Cucu is not as talented as Grimaldo I hope he'll at least get a chance in first team. Lucho will most likely be gone when his time to get promoted will arrive so maybe our next coach will like him. Of course we first need to keep him at Barça B for the next season or two and Cucu needs to show he's good enough to even consider promoting him. I've read that his contract expires at the end of this season but didn't saw anything about him getting renewed soon. Hopefully we won't let him go for free as well before he'll even get to Barça B. Apparently he'll start tomorrow against L'Hospitalet so we'll see how he'll do.

Worse in attack, better in defense. Plays more with his heart. More Puyol-like. Less talent and potential in general, despite being good himself.

Yeah, I thought that as well but didn't watch him as much as you.

navidjaan

I still have hopes that Grimaldo doesn't leave Benfica before Lucho leaves, so he can come back, but that's utopia at this point. He'll join City and we'll have to do with Alba/Digne for now.

Re Grimaldo/Cucu: When Grimaldo was in the Juvenil stages, everyone knew he'd be one of the best LB's in Europe based by talent only. With Cucu it's not like that, although, as said, he does have talent, the work ethic and mentally to make it. He will need good coaches and chances for that to happen. It's so important to note that Puyol wasn't even that good when he was younger. He was constantly told that the first team was way above what he could do, but he constantly told himself that if he'd work hard enough, it would happen, and now he's (arguably) the best CB in our history. Same can happen for any La Masia player, and it's happening partially with Palencia these days. Even though Cucu has never been an outsider in La Masia, being a regular since he joined from Espanyol, he has the same mentality, from what I've heard.

God Serena

Didn't realize he made his debut. 3rd division is pretty rough, I used to follow the B team as religiously as the first squad.

Zinedinho

He is starting to play an important role in the B team. I saw him the other day against Llagostera, and was quite impressed. I've always been unsure about how he would adapt to senior level, considering he's been a pure fullback for a long time, which is precisely the unsual thing when it comes to the type of fullback that suits us. They're usually players who were wingers or attacking midfielders at some stage when they were developing, and then adapted to a defensive position at senior level. Alba, for example.

But he's doing well. I remember him from the cadet years, with Aleñá, Carles Pérez, Lee and Dani Olmo (that very good forward who surprisingly signed for Dinamo Zagreb). Cucurella always played with personality. Now he has become a quite fast, small player, and is technically very good. Best thing, his mentality. Interesting prospect.

hulinat

in the end of the day it doesnt really matter how well hes playing since he'll never be given a decent chance with the A team just like Palencia, Godswill, Grimaldo, Samper and Alena. Gotta love how the club is handling our youth players, giving away potential world class talents for free while were splashing millions on average players and still continuing to monitor players like Cancelo and Soares (lol) while there are better players in the b team who wont make it to the matchday squad even once.

God Serena

in the end of the day it doesnt really matter how well hes playing since he'll never be given a decent chance with the A team just like Palencia, Godswill, Grimaldo, Samper and Alena. Gotta love how the club is handling our youth players, giving away potential world class talents for free while were splashing millions on average players and still continuing to monitor players like Cancelo and Soares (lol) while there are better players in the b team who wont make it to the matchday squad even once.

Well we can thank the heavens that Lucho is leaving and we'll potentially get a manager who doesn't think this way.

hulinat

Well we can thank the heavens that Lucho is leaving and we'll potentially get a manager who doesn't think this way.

but what if we wont? Imagine we get a similar manager who thinks like Lucho. With this board and that manager we'll continue signing average players such as Paco, Gomes, Cancelo/Soares, or players that wont with our style of play at all. In 3-4 seasons our key players like Pique, Messi, Alba, Busquets, Mascherano, Suarez, Rakitic, will all be +34 years old already. Some of them may have already left before that and Iniesta has most probably retired/moved to Qatar and we will be stuck with below average squad similar to AC Milan. Im hoping Xavi will quickly get his coaching degree and come save us in a year or two before its too late.

JamDav1982

Alena is still young and cant really be grouped in with those players who all bar maybe Grimaldo just dont look good enough.

Chances have been given to Munir and Sandro, both of who got destroyed for their performances on here for most part while others like Rafinha and Roberto have grown to have more prominent roles.

Palencia is not as good as folk make out in my opinion and no idea what Godswill is getting named for.

hulinat

Alena is still young and cant really be grouped in with those players who all bar maybe Grimaldo just dont look good enough.

Chances have been given to Munir and Sandro, both of who got destroyed for their performances on here for most part while others like Rafinha and Roberto have grown to have more prominent roles.

Palencia is not as good as folk make out in my opinion and no idea what Godswill is getting named for.

Palencia is one of the best players in the B team and also the captain I believe. He can also play both as a rb and lb so why not give him a chance? Grimaldo is an amazing talent and very versatile, Samper is also very talented but we loaned him to possibly the worst team in the league that doesn't suit our/his style of play at all. He had an amazing performance against Eibar i think but we will see what he's capable of next season.
Godswill was a tank for Juvenil A the season we won Uefa youth league. He was also a starter for the B team until he got badly injured and was left out of the team named for the following season so they terminated his contract. Shame about his injury. Could have become a very good player

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans