Lucho: "Barca lacked freshness"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Luis Enrique remained pragmatic after Barca's narrow 1-0 win against Granada at Camp Nou.

enrique-shouting-epa301016.jpg

“Clearly it wasn’t a brilliant match. We played against a very enclosed and retreated team. It’s true that our win was never under threat, but it’s also true that a 1-0 scoreline is always a risk."

“On this occasion, we lacked freshness and precision, but you must remember that the players aren’t machines." “We had to be vigilant in order to avoid mistakes. I can’t make the players fresh with the touch of a button."

“I’d love to win every game by a landslide, but I don’t know any team who do that."
“Still, I’m very happy because we know only two well about [the importance of] the three points. We’ve made our work count again."

“There are times when we overcome high pressing and others when we don’t, the same with teams who sit back. There’s no magic formula. Now we’ll go to Manchester and attack one on one [with City].""

"I'm not surprised by Rafinha performance. He's having more success coming into the area from the second line, which is what we ask of the midfielders. You have three players up front who are unusual, but we ask this of the second line. They must keep coming."

“Iniesta? It’s clear that he’s a unique player, but we weren’t prepared to throw him in as the key to the game."

“The Grada de Animacion [a stand designed for raucous support]? The fans have always spurred the team on and that always ends up helping them.
“Now the stadium seems like something else. The truth is that this initiative has been a great success."

“There’s still room for our game to evolve. No two days are the same for anyone, so we still have room for improvement.”

“If you managed to upset Sergi Roberto then that deserves credit because he has a heart of gold.”

“Samper? I already suffer enough with my own than to suffer with those that aren’t here! [His loan spell] will serve to toughen him up.”

Devils

I think he was referring to Granada making a comeback after we scored. It's true though, Granada were horrendous going forward and MAtS was a basically a bystander that game.

On the topic of freshness though, playing our expensive summer signings more to help retain freshness in the squad would be a good start. :)

Horatio

You're welcome
“Iniesta? It’s clear that he’s a unique player, but we weren’t prepared to throw him in as the key to the game." [/F]

Huh? This sounds as if Iniesta was an option for this game. Super-human recovery?

Last edited:

Xtroverto

Luis Enrique remained pragmatic after Barca's narrow 1-0 win against Granada at Camp Nou.

enrique-shouting-epa301016.jpg

“Clearly it wasn’t a brilliant match. We played against a very enclosed and retreated team. It’s true that our win was never under threat, but it’s also true that a 1-0 scoreline is always a risk."

“On this occasion, we lacked freshness and precision, but you must remember that the players aren’t machines." “We had to be vigilant in order to avoid mistakes. I can’t make the players fresh with the touch of a button."

“I’d love to win every game by a landslide, but I don’t know any team who do that."
“Still, I’m very happy because we know only two well about [the importance of] the three points. We’ve made our work count again."

“There are times when we overcome high pressing and others when we don’t, the same with teams who sit back. There’s no magic formula. Now we’ll go to Manchester and attack one on one [with City].""

"I'm not surprised by Rafinha performance. He's having more success coming into the area from the second line, which is what we ask of the midfielders. You have three players up front who are unusual, but we ask this of the second line. They must keep coming."

“Iniesta? It’s clear that he’s a unique player, but we weren’t prepared to throw him in as the key to the game."

“The Grada de Animacion [a stand designed for raucous support]? The fans have always spurred the team on and that always ends up helping them.
“Now the stadium seems like something else. The truth is that this initiative has been a great success."

“There’s still room for our game to evolve. No two days are the same for anyone, so we still have room for improvement.”

“If you managed to upset Sergi Roberto then that deserves credit because he has a heart of gold.”

“Samper? I already suffer enough with my own than to suffer with those that aren’t here! [His loan spell] will serve to toughen him up.”

Whoever translated this must have been on crack or something because it is a total disaster.

One example

Andrés es un jugador único, pero no por su ausencia pasa eso.

My translation, and I'm not a translator by the way.

Iniesta is a unique player but it was not because of his absence that it happened (refering to the poor team display).

crackhead translation

Home of Barca Fans