CL | Round 4: Manchester City - FC Barcelona 3-1

jairzinho

I've been browsing their forums. It seems the general consensus is they can defeat us easily once they don't get a red card and the usual Barca receives special treatment from refs etc 🙉

Sepuldinho

I've been browsing their forums. It seems the general consensus is they can defeat us easily once they don't get a red card and the usual Barca receives special treatment from refs etc ��

lol.

like others said, this game doesnt really matter if we won the later 2 to top the group. looking forward for Paco

Barcilliant

Mats
Roberto - Umtiti - Mascherano - Digne
Busi
Rafinha/Gomes - Arda
Messi - Paco - Neymar

As mentioned above, this match is a write off in comparison to Sevilla. We can drop points vs City and still win the group with relative ease.

Hope Arda is fit, we could really use him.
Rest MSN

Rafinha, Paco and Arda upfront.

Gomes, Rakitic and Busquets in midfield.

barcafan161

I've been browsing their forums. It seems the general consensus is they can defeat us easily once they don't get a red card and the usual Barca receives special treatment from refs etc ��

Think it's reasonable to think they can beat us as at home it was a fairly even game until the red card.

Vilarrubi

Sometimes when the pressure isn't on us as much we play our best football, I hope this is one of those games.

jairzinho

Lucho will not rest the MSN, even with Sevilla on the weekend, I can't see him doing that. MSN will start up front with Raki-Busi-Rafi in midfield. They need to win this one to avoid any complications in the last two games. That should play into our hands.

Raketa10

It's an early season, there is no need to rest anybody. Play full squad, there will be time for rotations against Malaga. Overrotation is one of the reasons we are in a shit mode.

Ter Stegen
Roberto-Masche-Umtiti-Digne
Rakitic-Busi-Arda(Gomes)
Messi-Suarez-Neymar

Last edited:

Devils

Lucho is going to get killed if he does rotation experiments in November.

Sevilla (A), Malaga (H), Sociedad (A) and Real (H) is about as bad of a schedule as one could recieve. November could be a very bad month for us.

We have limited room for rotations with this schedule, City in the CL is one of the games that would allow for us to rotate without great complication. We should take it.

serghei

Lucho is going to get killed if he does rotation experiments in November.

Sevilla (A), Malaga (H), Sociedad (A) and Real (H) is about as bad of a schedule as one could recieve. November could be a very bad month for us.

We have limited room for rotations with this schedule, City in the CL is one of the games that would allow for us to rotate without great complication. We should take it.

Yep. With the CL no1 spot in the bag we need to concentrate on La Liga. I mean, we can lose to City 0-3 and draw with Celtic and still go through as group leaders. But knowing Lucho he will play the best team vs City and rotate vs Sevilla and lose that game. He seems to have an odd way of deciding which game counts most.

There are positives even if we lose vs City, as the team will naturally be more motivated after a loss and maybe go all in vs Sevilla. I liked how we played Sevilla in the Supercup. We were very sharp.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Lucho will go full force, no doubt, if we win and Borrusia lose points, we are guaranteed 1st place with two games left and then we can play Paco, Marlon, Gumbau or whoever.

Last edited:

PhilS

When Barca goes to play a big club in England in CL, the team is going to go all out. Barca will not settle for a draw, they very much want to beat City in front of the global audience. I could see Lucho rotating one spot max. My pick would be Arda for Luisito. Then bring in Luisito for Neymar, if the game is going well.

Rakitic needs to be ironman until Iniesta returns, no rest unless he can get subbed when the team has a big lead.

snowy

When Barca goes to play a big club in England in CL, the team is going to go all out. Barca will not settle for a draw, they very much want to beat City in front of the global audience. I could see Lucho rotating one spot max. My pick would be Arda for Luisito. Then bring in Luisito for Neymar, if the game is going well.

Rakitic needs to be ironman until Iniesta returns, no rest unless he can get subbed when the team has a big lead.

Good point on the global audience and brand exposure :thumbsup:
yeah Raki would need the xtra spinach ... unless he goes 100% in the 1st half and gets subbed by rafi for the 2nd :thinking:

Asylum15

30hwlxt.png

Home of Barca Fans