CL | Round 4: Manchester City - FC Barcelona 3-1

Raketa10

I honestly think if we collapse in November and that could happen, Lucho will be sacked before Christmas.

No way we can win in Sevilla, San Sebastian and Clasico playing like this.

We haven't been playing so bad for a veeeery long time. I honestly can't remember when we played so badly so many games in a row. Maybe last year under Rijkaard not sure...

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Simeone :D

I was just thinking

What if instead of bringing Suarez back with Gomes
Wasting money on Paco
We could have spurged for Verratti

Sadly we NEED Bellerin AND Coutinho to arrive here in the Jan window just to save the season ..... things could be that bad by then .... Our upcoming games include Sevilla and Real Madrid ....

Mitchell1978

As I said , we were 1:0 up with 74% possession and looking comfortable ...then one stupid , schoolboy error of a pass by Sergie Roberto gave them the goal and that's when the game changed .... They tell 9 year old full backs NOT to pass across your own penalty box .....Sergie never had the basic RB training and it showed tonight . He did the same stupid pass 3 times in the first half and we got away with it each time ....then 10 seconds into the second half and he does it again !?!

Untill the 1-1 we looked much better then City, even much better then in the first game againt City. All those defensive mistakes cost us.

cro-man

We struggled against granada at him that says everything. Losing against city is not a surprise even i dont consider them as worldclass team. Watched some of their recent matches and it was pain for my eyes. When was the last time we played convincing? all these wins recently doesnt show how badly we are actually and how lucky we were sometimes. We are very lucky to be at the top of this group a very weak group actually.

Last edited:

Flavius

Drop in form for majority of team, but man...that midfield....how we miss Xaviesta there...we didn.t have the control all match in midfield, except some moments. way too many mistakes. Hope they turn this around quickly, but better now a drop in form than lika it was in march, when it.s the most important. We have depth, but midfield is the biggest problem without Iniesta in these kind of matches.

Barcilliant

Lucho needs a plan and needs to execute it.

Drop Busquets put either Roberto or Mascherano as Dm. Rakitic and Gomes to complete the midfield.
Watching Busquets nowadays is painful.

He doesn't fit this helter skelter Style of Luchos. He's too slow and physically weak.

serghei

Yea, Busi is a problem, because he was used to hold the midfield, but with Xavi and Iniesta, and those are massive massive helpers for any DM. It's one thing to have a Xavi close to you, when you know you can just pass him the ball if you're in trouble and he'll control it perfectly and pass it to another teammate in a second, and a totally different thing to be left alone, being 15-20m away from the closest teammate and with a marker breathing down your neck.

Devils

I can only conclude that I really don't think a Busi/Raki/Gomes midfield is a good idea...like for any match at all. It's just too slow, static and lacks agility and cutting edge.

serghei

I can only conclude that I really don't think a Busi/Raki/Gomes midfield is a good idea...like for any match at all. It's just too slow, static and lacks agility and cutting edge.

Give it time. Gomes is not that slow as it's made out to be here. This is relatively new, and in the first half it did a really good job dominating City on their home ground. There's room to grow and potential to be seen.

I wouldn't be surprise to see us beating Sevilla in the weekend. Personal mistakes have to be eliminated, you won't win anything if you just gift your opposition chances to score.

Home of Barca Fans