View Poll Results: Who should replace Iniesta?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denis

27 44.26%
  • Arda

12 19.67%
  • Gomes

9 14.75%
  • Rafinha

11 18.03%
  • Other

2 3.28%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who should replace Iniesta?

Sergi Roberto.... But he's currently busy becoming the best RB in the world. Guess I'll have to pick Arda
    Guardiola: “My players are eternal, legendary, unrepeatable and honest”...... AMEN Pep!

Previously known as Mehssi
    Lucho will probably test them all, or completely change the formation to suit whatever machiavelik plan he has..

Though my bet is on Denis to perform best at Iniesta's position.
    The Internet is full of tribute videos with some version of the title "Messi doesn't dive" a trait rare in a sport where players roll around on the ground like gunshot victims when an opponent so much as breathes on them.

Theories abound about why Messi won't fall, about his character or his respect for the game, but I think it's much simpler. If he dives, he loses the ball.

Denis, Arda is soo much better on Neymar spot
    2014-2015 TRIPL3T! Visca Barca!

On form and merit this season:

1. Rafinha
    2. Denis
    3. Arda (no control, better as a FW as others have mentioned)

Denis tends to drift wide a lot which is fine, moreso on the right where Messi is since he naturally tucks in but on the left AM role, he needs to be more central that wide since we already have Digne/Alba and Neymar who like the space out there as well. If Denis is continually wide, we lose a passing option through the center and that can imbalance the formation. At this exact time, I think Rafinha would be slightly better in understanding the positional demands.

But that's based on what I've seen from them all this season and particularly Rafinha and Denis need to get more time to really see how they are progressing so, much like last season when Messi went down and Munir and Sandro got chances to show something, now Denis and Rafinha can do the same with Iniesta's spot.

Gomes game against Valencia was worrying. He was struggling to with the pace of the game which was surprising to me based on his pace. Maybe it was playing against his former club that threw him off a bit but it's not the first time he's struggled like this. Best as an Raki/Busi sub.

Arda. Denis as second choice.

If we're looking for a like to like replacement Denis is the right candidate

The rest are also good with a few tweaks

New signing

Denis or Rafinha.

Gomes is too slow and cowardly, don´t know why enrique insists with him...

Arda is also not mobile enough, although has played well this season

Denis isn't the replacement of Iniesta...

Considering his poor performance against Granada (the worse team in La Liga) yesterday, I don't really think he'd do much better against better opposition teams...

Quote Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post
    Denis isn't the replacement of Iniesta...

Considering his poor performance against Granada (the worse team in La Liga) yesterday, I don't really think he'd do much better against better opposition teams...
    Probably true, but imo this is also down to Lucho. There just isn't a system. We don't keep a system and try to play it with different players. How we play just depends on who is on the field.

Only Messi has the quality to replace Iniesta.

New signing
    Quote Originally Posted by Altomonte View Post
    Only Messi has the quality to replace Iniesta.
    Not sure if even messi can do it. future looking bad with out xaviesta.