Cr150

Morten

In comparison to how many matchdeciding incidents that has gone Real Madrids way, it cant even compare

Ronaldo has always been depandant on having teammates do all the "dirty" work and then deliver that perfect pass/cross for him to score on.
Portugal played better in the Eurofinal after Ronaldo went off..i wonder why.
Thats what makes Messi far more complate player. Not only is he as good a finisher, but he contributes 10x more in the buildup.
Its weird how tunnelvisioned "fans" are on players scoring goals.

Why is this board completely black and white?
There is no middle ground on anything, it seems.

If RM now is losing, it just have to be because of VAR being implemented, it cant be because we are actually worse this season than others, no, the refs always made sure we won in the past, no need to look at other factors, because we only deal in absolutes here.

There is no grand Perez-conspiracy that ruled the footballing world prior to VAR, it doesnt exist.

You have a funny way of remembering things, btw.
No, Portugal didnt "play better" when Ronaldo was injuried, they were the same mediocre side who rode their luck as in most games that tournament.

France had a number of good chances, nobody rates that Portugal team, Ronaldo or no Ronaldo.
But it must be said, this "having quality players in your side is actually bad!"-thing is nonsense, how many times do we have to go through this.

Its never a bad thing to have good players in your side, end of story.

As for Ronaldo needing a "perfect cross", thats absurd, he is very good at making something out of anything in the box, his big strength. He is reliant on crosses, but is probably the best at making the most out of them.

As for making something out of little outside the box, thats a different issue, he has gotten worse at that over the years, no doubt.

But then, i've regarded Messi as a better player for a long time, so there is no point in convincing me of stuff i already know.

Last edited:

Joan

Barca fans genuinely underrate Ronaldo. What a monster that guy is... while true he needs better service than Messi, it's often, for some reason, ignored that his movement usually makes for half the chance his team creates. In a sense, he shouldn't have chosen Juventus.

Believe he would've dragged Real to the finals again had he stayed.

khaled_a_d

Barca fans genuinely underrate Ronaldo. What a monster that guy is... while true he needs better service than Messi, it's often, for some reason, ignored that his movement usually makes for half the chance his team creates. In a sense, he shouldn't have chosen Juventus.

Yeah, he is truly underrated by us, though it has changed a little past few years.
Juve lack of midfield hurts their team more than anything, he has done more than fine scoring those 2 goals for them but they really failed to create anything for him -or anyone else- more than crosses and even those wasn't really that much

VN10

Yeah, he is truly underrated by us.

That's funny. Anyone who has a decent mind for football, and isn't limited by his emotional behaviour, would never underrate Ronaldo.
Underating Ronaldo is mostly done by blinded fanboys and silly irrational memes.

TLDR; if you've ever underrated Ronaldo, you should laugh at the guy in the mirror.

Messi983

Agreed.

Messi and Ronaldo have pushed each other to become better and keep consistent over the last decade. It's one of the best rivalries we'll ever see in any sport and football won't be the same without them. But just the fact that they've played in the same era and it's only Messi who is compared to the other all-time greats like Maradona and Pele while CR is compared to Messi shows everything that needs to be known which one of them is better.

Messi has more "God's given" talent but Ronaldo has worked very hard to keep up with him. I get why people (myself included) dislike Ronaldo for the other side of his personality but to discredit the drive and motivation he's shown (and is still showing after he won almost everything) would be stupid. I would like CR more if he would play for other club(s) and without his (mostly childish) fanboys (whom I try to ignore anyway) but you don't always have to like the player to acknowledge his achievements.

Devils

The man did all he could.

Carried Juve to a historic comeback against Atletico, scored in Amsterdam and scored in Turin.

He scored all of Juve's knockout stage goals ffs.

Incredible player.

XaviV

Don't know about other Barca fans, but I have trouble agreeing with this kind of thinking. He can drag RM to the final of CL, but can't drag Juventus, which got there 2 times in the last 5 years without him? Ronaldo's fault when his team wins, his teammates', when it doesn't. He's both overrated and underrated, both opposites clashing and fueling the debate. No debate he is a fantastic player, one of the best ever, but to win big titles you need a quality team next to you.

pregra

Most games these days he is literally Suarez level on the ball. Clumsynaldo. As soon as he tries something else than a 5 yard lay off he fucks it up. His best way to «dribble» is still kick and run.

Home of Barca Fans