Cr150

Morten

Wouldnt put it past him to eventually break the record for most international goals, Messi could as well tbh.
I remember when people didnt think Ronaldo would even break Rauls CL-record, and then 100, and just look now.

Much2soon

As much as I don’t care for the guy it is very admirable how he seems to always be at the right place, right time. His positioning is insane, a true predator in the box.

We love to call him ´tap-in king’ and such but at times I wish Messi could get those easy goals also. It always seems like Messi has to work 2-3x as hard to score.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As much as I don’t care for the guy it is very admirable how he seems to always be at the right place, right time. His positioning is insane, a true predator in the box.

We love to call him ´tap-in king’ and such but at times I wish Messi could get those easy goals also. It always seems like Messi has to work 2-3x as hard to score.

That is because he works hard to find the right moment. Off the ball he is one of the best, if not the best.

NotInHere

Saw both of his goals, he's the ultimate tap-in king right now, but they still have to go in. If he keeps on breaking goal records he might be the best goal scorer of all time.

Ritchie

It is unreasonable, given he said it’s his last contract and he always wanted to retire in Madrid. Playing for some added pedigree in MLS doesn’t interest the guy.

He was threatening to leave a few months ago until he realised nobody would cover his wages till he was 36 and give Real a big fee.

Ritchie

Messi scored over 90 goals in a year by being a penalty box predator. He's become more of a midfielder and starts most of the attacks. It's harder to start and finish a move than it is to stand in the box waiting for world class players to tee you up at Real, or when you're playing against woeful international defences. Real put in cross after cross after cross as well, eventually Ronaldo will get good chances.

The difference as well is Ronaldo is switched on for 90 minutes and is just as hungry for goals at 7-0 up. Messi loses interest when a game is won and saves his energy. Ronaldo pounces on weakness whether it's bad defending, tired defences or a beaten team. Messi could have so many more goals if he had Ronaldo's hunger to score and selfishness.

Last edited:

Morten

One of the best headers of the ball, just put in some decent crosses and he will most likely find the back of the net, or a great save from the gk.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Messi is still a better goal scorer. if we use stats to say Ronaldo is the best goalscorer then we have to look at Messi being more accurate with the same amount of goals usually

Messi's technique when striking the ball is far better, no doubt. His movement in the box though, while very good, cannot be compared to that of Ronaldo. Messi usually arrives late in the box looking for a low cross. Ronaldo has more tools in his arsenal to disrupt the defense and find himself open inside the box.

As someone pointed out, Ronaldo's goals usually look very easy while for Messi it seems it takes 3x times more effort.

Givenchy

Messi's technique when striking the ball is far better, no doubt. His movement in the box though, while very good, cannot be compared to that of Ronaldo. Messi usually arrives late in the box looking for a low cross. Ronaldo has more tools in his arsenal to disrupt the defense and find himself open inside the box.

As someone pointed out, Ronaldo's goals usually look very easy while for Messi it seems it takes 3x times more effort.

Messi isn't a poacher though but put him as the pure ST in a front 3 I wouldn't be suprised if he'd be better than Ronaldo at positioning also. Ronaldo has Madrid set up to feed him and hes had the best midfield in the world for quite a while now in Modric-Kroos, the same excuse used against Messi with Xaviesta. Messi arrives late because hes a playmaker these days and before Coutinho, was carrying our shit midfield.

Ronaldo is superior in heading and penalties. They are pretty close when it comes to finishing.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Don’t know about that, but that moment where he stumbled after he kicked the ground instead of the ball and was absolutely furious for not being given a penalty was classic Ronaldo. Priceless.

Neymessi

Don’t know about that, but that moment where he stumbled after he kicked the ground instead of the ball and was absolutely furious for not being given a penalty was classic Ronaldo. Priceless.

Didn't saw it but the way you described it, it can be expected from cr7 only.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Enjoy.

1671i00.gif

Home of Barca Fans