Cr150

serghei

Yea, basically Ronaldo is the better striker with more weapons in his arsenal to score. He can score with both feet almost equally well, expert at headers, volleys, great at all sorts of crosses, is quicker, hits more powerful. And has a great bag of tricks to get the better of defenders in seemingly packed 16m box. Must have the best movement in world football from midfield up. Messi doesn't have anywhere near the same arsenal of scoring. And his dribbling doesn't help him against teams that concede space and defend deep. Because he doesn't have any space to run into.

In the end you just can't go around the fact that Messi is a different type of player to Ronaldo. He can't enter Ronaldo's zone and be better than him, although he does much better than Ronaldo would do trying to pull off the stuff Messi did/does.

Messi does get close to Ronaldo in terms of scoring as long as the opponents are not elite level in decisive games. When the opponents are elite level, the better scorer is Ronaldo by a clear margin. Frankly, both would be excellent in the same team if not for their rivalry and ego.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Messi does get close to Ronaldo in terms of scoring as long as the opponents are not elite level in decisive games. When the opponents are elite level, the better scorer is Ronaldo by a clear margin. Frankly, both would be excellent in the same team if not for their rivalry and ego.

8-10 CLs. Think creative genius/score when needed Magic Johnson (Messi) and scoring machine Kareem (CR7).

serghei

8-10 CLs. Think creative genius/score when needed Magic Johnson (Messi) and scoring machine Kareem (CR7).

Yea, if they could find a way and a deal to melt each Ballon d'Or they would get and turn it into a statue of both made by that dude who did Ronaldo's statue in Madeira.

Half the face of Ronaldo, and half the face of Messi. For Ronaldo they could keep that "Chucky" side.

Xaviniesta

This guy killed my passion for football. When he scored that volley past Oblak I knew madrid were winning their 2nd CL in a row and he was gonna win the ballon D?or. I really hated madrid and Ronaldo with a passion then so when that nightmare scenario happened I became numb to football because there was a no worse experience than that for a barca fan, especially with the ref decisions guiding along the way. Fuck this guy and fuck madrid.

Morten

This guy killed my passion for football. When he scored that volley past Oblak I knew madrid were winning their 2nd CL in a row and he was gonna win the ballon D?or. I really hated madrid and Ronaldo with a passion then so when that nightmare scenario happened I became numb to football because there was a no worse experience than that for a barca fan, especially with the ref decisions guiding along the way. Fuck this guy and fuck madrid.

Im sure you got by just fine, after winning 100 domestic trophies or whatever in that decade.

Im sure you got by just fine, after winning 100 domestic trophies or whatever in that decade.

Is there a good established Madrid forum? The same way there is this Barcelona forum? I'm genuinely interested. Would like to (respectfully) post on there, the same way you do here.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

vegitot

Yea, basically Ronaldo is the better striker with more weapons in his arsenal to score. He can score with both feet almost equally well, expert at headers, volleys, great at all sorts of crosses, is quicker, hits more powerful. And has a great bag of tricks to get the better of defenders in seemingly packed 16m box. Must have the best movement in world football from midfield up. Messi doesn't have anywhere near the same arsenal of scoring. And his dribbling doesn't help him against teams that concede space and defend deep. Because he doesn't have any space to run into.

In the end you just can't go around the fact that Messi is a different type of player to Ronaldo. He can't enter Ronaldo's zone and be better than him, although he does much better than Ronaldo would do trying to pull off the stuff Messi did/does.

Ronaldo dribble, better goal scorer??? Lmao. Pass me whatever you are smoking.

He is now the same player at Madrid but no Modric, Kross, Benzama, Ramos... Got schooled by Ac Milan and scored only 19 non penalty goals

Overshadowed by Immobile. Immobile

Last edited:

vegitot

Messi's record H2H versus CR7 at RM or United (wins, goals, assists) is pretty clearly superior though. And we didn't necessarily have the better team all those years except for that golden stretch under Guardiola and Lucho's first year.

But CR7 has been more dominant v Bayern, AM, and Juve, the other 3 main CL teams in this decade. That's where his reputation's been built.

I think Messi performs well against certain kinds of teams (his iconic games have been against RM, Bayern, United, and Pool in CL; teams that play open football).
He gets shut out v defensive teams like AM or a Juve.

Messi usually destroyed AM at domestic league but somehow Simone shut him down at UCL

Messi dominated Juve in 2015 final and 2017 group stage, even in the 3-0 lost he played well, created two golden chances but Ini and Suarez both missed

Messi also dominated Bayern in 2009 and 2015. He was injured in 2013.

Home of Barca Fans