Cr150

Morten

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dude fucking played 9 seasons in Spain and won 2 La liga's , but somehow he conquered 3 leagues. Miss me with that bullshit

Not his fault Barcelona exist, he certainly conquered la liga on the individual level.
Are we really back to judging player performances on team success again? Maybe we shouldnt read too much into team success.

For the record, pretty much every la liga season he did significantly better than in this years Serie A, if we look at the numbers(i dont watch Serie A).
Would you really say that if he wins 4 league titles in a row with Juve, while having good, but not outstanding individual campaigns, that he he has conquered Serie A to a greater extent than La Liga?

I certainly would not.

Joan

Don't know about other Barca fans, but I have trouble agreeing with this kind of thinking. He can drag RM to the final of CL, but can't drag Juventus, which got there 2 times in the last 5 years without him? Ronaldo's fault when his team wins, his teammates', when it doesn't. He's both overrated and underrated, both opposites clashing and fueling the debate. No debate he is a fantastic player, one of the best ever, but to win big titles you need a quality team next to you.
Teams change, players age. Current Juve is far from the level of the mentioned ones. But shouldn't blame Ronaldo. Scoring 5 in 4 KO matches without missing a single chance is extraordinary. Of course, every player no matter how good needs quality around him to thrive. No better proof than Messi's last WC. Team sport.

Tons of chances come after his brilliant runs, useless crosses become awesome assists. I that aspect, noone comes close. Aspect often forgotten and undervalued. (Look no further than the goals put past Onana)

One last thing. I never undervalued what others RM players did nor did I credit it all to Ronaldo. They were a fit, to put it briefly.

BarcaOG

Banned
he was meh this year in Seria A though...he could have sat on the bench and still won that league. nonetheless, winning leagues in England, Spain and now Italy is pretty impressive--although not as impressive as it would have been in the late 90s when seria a was still competitive. an 8th seria A for juventus in a row really says a lot about the gulf in class there. but, a trophy is a trophy (dani alves am i right)

in the CL though he was a beast yet again. dybala basically disappeared as a key player while mandzukic is meh. hell be proud of his CL performance but will surely by upset by juve's poor CL knock out form

Arizona Scott

Not his fault Barcelona exist, he certainly conquered la liga on the individual level.
Are we really back to judging player performances on team success again? Maybe we shouldnt read too much into team success.

For the record, pretty much every la liga season he did significantly better than in this years Serie A, if we look at the numbers(i dont watch Serie A).
Would you really say that if he wins 4 league titles in a row with Juve, while having good, but not outstanding individual campaigns, that he he has conquered Serie A to a greater extent than La Liga?

I certainly would not.

I think messi2140 point is quite accurate. TWO league titles in Spain and ONE best player in la Liga award in nine seasons. How can "conquered" possibly be descriptive for his time in La Liga?

You can say "Not his fault Lionel Messi exists", but he does. Like saying Germany or the French "conquered" Europe, well except for that pesky Russia part they didn't. Or Wilt Chamberlein conquered the NBA--well except the nine strait times he lost to the Celtics. Or to use the same logic we might as well say Messi "conquered the world cup", because he did except for that little extra time vs Germany. In short it is counter of how "conquered" is used metaphorically or otherwise.

raskolnikov

I think messi2140 point is quite accurate. TWO league titles in Spain and ONE best player in la Liga award in nine seasons. How can "conquered" possibly be descriptive for his time in La Liga?

You can say "Not his fault Lionel Messi exists", but he does. Like saying Germany or the French "conquered" Europe, well except for that pesky Russia part they didn't. Or Wilt Chamberlein conquered the NBA--well except the nine strait times he lost to the Celtics. Or to use the same logic we might as well say Messi "conquered the world cup", because he did except for that little extra time vs Germany. In short it is counter of how "conquered" is used metaphorically or otherwise.
On an individual level though, he had been more than great in la liga,England and even know in Italy.
Of course they hype it to be more but he has done great in 3 leagues of the top 5. You could make a similair case for Ibra imo but its still impressive, right?
Allthoygh conquered is a bit too much. By that logic Artiro Vidal will also have conquered 3 leagues in a week.

Messigician

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: "It's nothing special that [Cristiano] is the first to win La Liga, PL, and Serie A. I won La Liga once, Serie A four times, Ligue 1 four times and no one made a big deal out of it. It's incredible how good Cristiano's marketing is." [MEGASPORT]

vlad

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: "It's nothing special that [Cristiano] is the first to win La Liga, PL, and Serie A. I won La Liga once, Serie A four times, Ligue 1 four times and no one made a big deal out of it. It's incredible how good Cristiano's marketing is." [MEGASPORT]

Nothing impressive from ronaldo when it comes to national legaue not compared to his cl records.. He should be okay with winning 3 cl ina row with his team, like that isnt enough

How did went for zlatan in CL

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

Nothing impressive from ronaldo when it comes to national legaue not compared to his cl records.. He should be okay with winning 3 cl ina row with his team, like that isnt enough

Nobody said what Christiano Ronaldo achieved isn't impressive nor disputes that he is isn't a great a player.

But 1 of 9 best player in a La Liga awards and 2/9 in his team winning can't possible be interpreted as conquering, being the dominate force, or even being THE BEST player in that league over that period, seeing how his direct rival was part of 6 league titles and 7 best player awards over the same period. Who dominated the other in Spain and who deserves the label of "conquered" if that word is used, is quite obvious.

He also had 2 EPL player of the year awards out of 6, outstanding but not dominant.

Yet to be determined if he wins the award in Italy but with the hype it would generate I doubt that train could be stopped even if not merited.

How did went for zlatan in CL

Well he was part of a CL winning squad with far less talent than CR ever had around him.

I am not a fan of Zlatan the personality but glad he is calling this one publicaly how he see it--hype machine at work inflating performance and achievements.

FCB1987

Banned

sounds so fake

Givenchy

hes pretty much irrelevant now without the CL, same situation as Neymar.

Serie A is not only dominated by Juve, its pretty defensive and dull to watch.. just look at the way Juve (the leagues outstanding team) play. people like to slate ligue 1 but i'd rather tune in and watch Neymar as he creates moments of magic.. Cristiano you may aswell just watch text commentary or look at the stats after the game because watching him these days is a bore

CL or bust

Madrid will rebuild heavily this summer and Juve will be exiting in the quarters again. in hindsight it was a good decision for Madrid

Newcomer

hes pretty much irrelevant now without the CL, same situation as Neymar.

Serie A is not only dominated by Juve, its pretty defensive and dull to watch.. just look at the way Juve (the leagues outstanding team) play. people like to slate ligue 1 but i'd rather tune in and watch Neymar as he creates moments of magic.. Cristiano you may aswell just watch text commentary or look at the stats after the game because watching him these days is a bore

CL or bust

Madrid will rebuild heavily this summer and Juve will be exiting in the quarters again. in hindsight it was a good decision for Madrid

Madrid are genius at selling players.

CR7 is still CR7 but 100 M for a 34 y.o player is still incredible. They made a mad profit on Morata after buying him back from Juve, they managed to sell PSG a singer that has football as an hobby (i.e. Jesé) for 25 M.

I'm sure they can make a profit on Mariano while he barely played for them. Think they can sell any player for an high price, just because of the Real brand.

Givenchy

Madrid are genius at selling players.

CR7 is still CR7 but 100 M for a 34 y.o player is still incredible. They made a mad profit on Morata after buying him back from Juve, they managed to sell PSG a singer that has football as an hobby (i.e. Jesé) for 25 M.

I'm sure they can make a profit on Mariano while he barely played for them. Think they can sell any player for an high price, just because of the Real brand.

yeah and sadly Barca are the total opposite in regards to selling :lol: on Jesé, i remember when he was being talked about as the next big thing, where did he end up?

only player Madrid haven't been able to get rid of.. yet is Bale. even then a PL club will probably end up paying 60mil+

Home of Barca Fans