Cr150

Newcomer

Ronaldo 2 la liga titles
Messi 6 la liga titles

Case closed, head to head duels messi owns him, no competition

Cristiano Ronaldo is the clutchiest player in CL.
I think no one can contest his achievement in that competition. Other than that Messi is the better player.

Catta

I think no one can contest his achievement in that competition. Other than that Messi is the better player.

I think you meant Sergio Ramos. Without him no la decima, and undecima. If they just lost the 2014 final, there is a big chance they wouldn't have won any of the remaining 3.

Morten

I think you meant Sergio Ramos. Without him no la decima, and undecima. If they just lost the 2014 final, there is a big chance they wouldn't have won any of the remaining 3.

Sergio is probably even more clutch, but there is no denying that Ronaldo also was that.
Those two combined must have been a nightmare to defend on setpieces.

Batistuta9

During the 4 CL wins, a lot of Madrid players were clutch. It's just the media always gives credit to Ronaldo. Bale was clutch in 2 finals. Keylor navas was super clutch when they needed him. He always made big saves when the team was under pressure.

Last edited:
Guys, do you think Cristiano Ronaldo gets in the Bayern starting lineup if had made the move to Germany?

Always wondered how he'd do in Bundesliga. If what he wants are league titles, they're there for the taking at Bayern. (As is the case with Juventus, of course.)

Ultimately I think he chose Italy for the lifestyle, the tax breaks, and the fact that the culture is more akin to that of Portugal/Spain than Germany.

Think that is safe to say.

Grazie ragazzi.

KingLeo10

Guys, do you think Cristiano Ronaldo gets in the Bayern starting lineup if had made the move to Germany?

Always wondered how he'd do in Bundesliga. If what he wants are league titles, they're there for the taking at Bayern. (As is the case with Juventus, of course.)

Ultimately I think he chose Italy for the lifestyle, the tax breaks, and the fact that the culture is more akin to that of Portugal/Spain than Germany.

Think that is safe to say.

Grazie ragazzi.

They wouldn't go for him as he's very much near the end and they have promising wing players and a world class CF still in his prime.

But for big games, even today, CR7 would give them more chances than all of their front 3 combined. Just too much CL experience.

Same with Messi.

serghei

Ronaldo was Madrid's most clutch and important player in the CL and it's not even close for me.

You can't take away Ronaldo's hunger and goal-scoring ability in the CL. That's the one thing he's clearly better than Messi at during his career and has to be respected.

So, Messi owns Ronaldo at pretty much everything except goals in the biggest games. And it's such an important area that Ronaldo has placed himself in the conversation with Messi as his peer career-wise based pretty much on this important area where he has an edge over Messi.

Basically this for me as well. Messi better player, Ronaldo most deadly player in CL.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Ronaldo was Madrid's most clutch and important player in the CL and it's not even close for me.

You can't take away Ronaldo's hunger and goal-scoring ability in the CL. That's the one thing he's clearly better than Messi at during his career and has to be respected.

So, Messi owns Ronaldo at pretty much everything except goals in the biggest games.

I also agree. I think Messi needs 1 more CL with strong KO showings to match CR7 in this regard.

It's funny that the third most CL KO goals (Muller I believe or maybe it's Lewandowski now) is ~25. Messi has ~50 and CR7 ~70. And it's not like Bayern Munich don't go deep in the CL, either.

KingLeo10

Messi's record H2H versus CR7 at RM or United (wins, goals, assists) is pretty clearly superior though. And we didn't necessarily have the better team all those years except for that golden stretch under Guardiola and Lucho's first year.

But CR7 has been more dominant v Bayern, AM, and Juve, the other 3 main CL teams in this decade. That's where his reputation's been built.

I think Messi performs well against certain kinds of teams (his iconic games have been against RM, Bayern, United, and Pool in CL; teams that play open football).
He gets shut out v defensive teams like AM or a Juve.

Messi's record H2H versus CR7 at RM or United (wins, goals, assists) is pretty clearly superior though. And we didn't necessarily have the better team all those years except for that golden stretch under Guardiola and Lucho's first year.

But CR7 has been more dominant v Bayern, AM, and Juve, the other 3 main CL teams in this decade. That's where his reputation's been built.

I think Messi performs well against certain kinds of teams (his iconic games have been against RM, Bayern, United, and Pool in CL; teams that play open football).
He gets shut out v defensive teams like AM or a Juve.

Well said.

Home of Barca Fans