Cr150

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I dont know, Ronaldo came off a 60 goal season, with like 10 of them being long range efforts/free kicks btw.
Decent enough Euro too, but Portugal came up short against the all-conquering Spain.

Difficult, maybe I think that because I saw Ronaldinho and Zidane when I was younger. 2012 Ronaldo was the best version of him, dribbling, pace, long shots were on top level and he deserved one CL / Euro that season.

Blackened

Cristiano is so overrated. I think Zlatan said it best. "Messi is natural, Ronaldo is a trained product." Ronaldo was never in the same class as Messi, Maradona, Pele, R9, Best, Zizou, Matthaus and others.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Cristiano is so overrated. I think Zlatan said it best. "Messi is natural, Ronaldo is a trained product." Ronaldo was never in the same class as Messi, Maradona, Pele, R9, Best, Zizou, Matthaus and others.

I've literally seen this exact opinion so many times only on this board, nowhere else. Utterly delusional.

JamDav1982

I've literally seen this exact opinion so many times only on this board, nowhere else. Utterly delusional.

Elements of Barca fans are just deluded and cant admit to themselves how good Ronaldo is. Same thing happens with Messi the other way for some.

Ronaldo being up there amongst best ever is a credit to him and Messi.. as Messi still edges him across career.

For me Messi and Ronaldo are top two ever for what they have done week in week out... and their peak levels as part of that.

mc_lovin

I dont think theres anything wrong with valuing mastery on the ball over productivity and success. Cristiano just didnt capture the imagination like others did. But each their own I guess, its a tedious discussion.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

How can a player who scored over 700 career goals, most CL goals while having by far the most Cl knockout goals with braces and hattricks against Bayern, Atletico, Juve, PSG, winning 5 CL's overrated ?! Sorry thats bullshit. He deserves to be in the same category as Messi, Maradona, Pele, R9.

fergus90

Elements of Barca fans are just deluded and cant admit to themselves how good Ronaldo is. Same thing happens with Messi the other way for some.

Ronaldo being up there amongst best ever is a credit to him and Messi.. as Messi still edges him across career.

For me Messi and Ronaldo are top two ever for what they have done week in week out... and their peak levels as part of that.

Yeah the top two for me too. People hold it against Ronaldo that he has had to work at his craft like it’s a bad thing. Part of his will and determination to win over and over again is what makes him one of the best ever. Players like Zidane and Best were superb, same with Ronaldinho and R9 but Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have been at the top longer than the others combined almost.

R9 was a phenomenon and had he stayed fit would probably be in the same breath but his lack of longevity hinders that.

Mitchell1978

How can a player who scored over 700 career goals, most CL goals while having by far the most Cl knockout goals with braces and hattricks against Bayern, Atletico, Juve, PSG, winning 5 CL's overrated ?! Sorry thats bullshit. He deserves to be in the same category as Messi, Maradona, Pele, R9.

He is but i have at least 5 or 6 players ahead of him, his career value is top 5 ever for shure, maybe top 3 but his peak level and his skill level are not.

Just like Maradona's peak and skill level is top 2 ever, but lacks the career value and statistical dominance (of the likes Pele, Messi, Di Stefano)

Last edited:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
giphy.gif

FC B

You don't score 700+ goals and remain "the eternal second", a comparison absolutely exists and non-Barca fans struggle to claim confidently who has had the better career out of the two. Barca fans like you live in a bubble. For the record, I think Messi is the better player but their careers are really close now.

No, the one and only essential aspect in which Cristiano is really really close to Messi is goal scoring/scored even though Messi has the better game/goal ratio of the two, the most assists, dribbles, passes, playmaking skills etc. Messi is clearly the better player and credit to Cristiano for being able to match his goal scoring even though Messi is and was more of a playmaker than a striker in his career unlike Cristiano.

KingLeo10

Not gonna lie, this dude (while ultra talented) lacks in other worldly on the ball talent compared to the Messi/Maradona but still managed to drag himself into the GOAT tier by KILLING teams that have stifled the likes of Barca, Bayern, and Liverpool in the CL in the 2010s.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Not gonna lie, this dude (while ultra talented) lacks in other worldly on the ball talent compared to the Messi/Maradona but still managed to drag himself into the GOAT tier by KILLING teams that have stifled the likes of Barca, Bayern, and Liverpool in the CL in the 2010s.

I think winning the Euro2016 has something spark in him. After that he started to score braces and hattricks against the big teams.

Home of Barca Fans