Cr150

Givenchy

Hilariously I went onto the Redcafe, great forum (although I wouldn't advise visiting the Ronaldo or RonaldovsMessi thread, its aids) and I posted a respectful reply to some retard claiming Messi is not capable of carrying Barca the way Ronaldo carries Madrid.. and suprise suprise a mod deletes my post but pm's me 'Though you're right btw' :lol: :facepalm: this 'debate' is just pure toxic, the ronaldo fans reminds me of liberals in the US right now

Horatio

You're welcome
Hilariously I went onto the Redcafe, great forum (although I wouldn't advise visiting the Ronaldo or RonaldovsMessi thread, its aids) and I posted a respectful reply to some retard claiming Messi is not capable of carrying Barca the way Ronaldo carries Madrid.. and suprise suprise a mod deletes my post but pm's me 'Though you're right btw' :lol: :facepalm: this 'debate' is just pure toxic, the ronaldo fans reminds me of liberals in the US right now

Wait...so why did the mod delete your comment then?

Givenchy

Wait...so why did the mod delete your comment then?

because it goes against the status quo 'Ronaldo is the best'

I don't understand why everyone on that forum are so obsessed with a debate that their club barely feature in. Ronaldo is a Madrid legend first and foremost and thats what the history books will remember him for

footyfan

Calma, calma
Ronaldo doesn't perform better in the champions League, his team does. Real create chances for Ronaldo and he puts them away. At Barca Messi has to create his own chances because there is pretty much no way his team will do it for him. Against Chelsea he had one chance and it resulted in a goal. If you swaped players Messi would score more goals than Ronaldo at Real and Ronaldo would struggle to score at Barca because very few chances are created by anyone other than Messi

Messi missed a good few chances in a crucial second leg against Juve last year. He was also generally lackluster in many knockout rounds in the past few years. Also he might get more chances created for him by his team if he moves his ass a bit without the ball.

KingLeo10

Aside from off the ball movement, the one thing I think Messi could really improve upon in CL is improvise in his plays/shots rather than try the now textbook/beaten to death drop deep, pass it up, and expect a 1-2 in a team which now lacks the technicians to do so in the form of peak xavi or peak iniesta. It's one of the factors which has contributed to his poorer return v teams that play two banks of four such as atletico, juventus, and chelsea. He prefers the open play of a Bayern or a Real Madrid (or the PSGs and Citys).

footyfan

Calma, calma
-------Continuing from previous post------

I mean, some dude on this forum was trying to explain to me that Messi hasn't lost any explosiveness or movement off the ball since he was younger, but look at the first goal from that CL semi at Bernabeu in 2011 as an example. How often does Messi make a goalscoring run like this nowadays (or even the past five years). Could probably count it on one hand. It's not even like it's some genius run, it's pretty basic. But Messi basically relies on one move in the box these days, which is to hang back.

[gfy]ActualCleanKinkajou[/gfy]

Messi has changed his game to be more of a playmaker. He's not playing false 9 anymore! He's still rapid with great dribbles
@Above

because it goes against the status quo 'Ronaldo is the best'

I don't understand why everyone on that forum are so obsessed with a debate that their club barely feature in. Ronaldo is a Madrid legend first and foremost and thats what the history books will remember him for

He was in his prime for United scoring 40+ goals in a season to win the double for them! One of the few
Times he genuinely deserved to win the Ballon D'or As well as MOTM performance in UCL he is a Manure legend 100%

Last edited:

KingLeo10

He was in his prime for United scoring 40+ goals in a season to win the treble for them! One of the few
Times he genuinely deserved to win the Ballon D'or As well as MOTM performance in UCL he is a Manure legend 100%

the only treble united have won is in 1999. atleast get the basic facts right, considering how rare actual trebles are :lol:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Messi has changed his game to be more of a playmaker. He's not playing false 9 anymore! He's still rapid with great dribbles
@Above

He reduced movement off the ball as early as the 2013/14 season. His current playmaking role is sub-optimal, he is still one of the furthest forward Barca players, not like he's a midfielder. And he was dropping deep and playmaking as early as 2010/11 season. I think he would be a more dangerous player if he traded 10% of his ability for more off-the-ball movement.

He reduced movement off the ball as early as the 2013/14 season. His current playmaking role is sub-optimal, he is still one of the furthest forward Barca players, not like he's a midfielder. And he was dropping deep and playmaking as early as 2010/11 season. I think he would be a more dangerous player if he traded 10% of his ability for more off-the-ball movement.

Well as a playmaker if you play a killer pass to the forwards how are you meant to get ourself into the box? All you can do is leave it up to the forwards to score.

KingLeo10

his 14/15 season was actually his 2nd best year ever imo, from a goalscoring, dribbling, and overall hunger and determination standpoint. I think the PSG home game was the only CL KO game he coasted in that season.

but other than that, 13/14 and 15/16 were clearly sub-optimal and 16/17 littered with a couple great performances and couple big letdowns.

He should try more shots in possession in addition to making more runs without possession. Variety would do him and Barca good, otherwise we'll end up getting predictably stifled by even struggling teams such as Chelsea.

footyfan

Calma, calma
his 14/15 season was actually his 2nd best year ever imo, from a goalscoring, dribbling, and overall hunger and determination standpoint. I think the PSG home game was the only CL KO game he coasted in that season.

but other than that, 13/14 and 15/16 were clearly sub-optimal and 16/17 littered with a couple great performances and couple big letdowns.

He should try more shots in possession in addition to making more runs without possession. Variety would do him and Barca good, otherwise we'll end up getting predictably stifled by even struggling teams such as Chelsea.

14/15 was an anomaly. The trend has been clear otherwise.

And yeah, variety is sorely needed. Both him and Barca try to do the same thing when confronted by two close Banks of 4. And it grows stale and stops working because teams have figured it out

Home of Barca Fans