Cr150

Cristiano Ronaldo: "When Messi sees me winning a big title, it should hurt him. The same happens to me." [md]

Well Cristiano must have been hurt pretty often during his career if this is the case. He has been incredibly successful but you have to wonder how much he has actually enjoyed his career with a mentality like this. Has it all been worth it when your still being terrorised by your own insecurities.

I'm no fan of his but it pains me to say that he comes across as a tortured soul. What a pity.

pregra

Absolute shite game from him today. Worrying thing is he gets a huge amount of chances still, with better finishing he would’ve had a hat-trick. If he gets any awards in 2019 it is an absolute joke. I don’t understand why he has the amount of fans he has, such an incredibly boring player to watch.

Neyback19

Banned
Absolute shite game from him today. Worrying thing is he gets a huge amount of chances still, with better finishing he would’ve had a hat-trick. If he gets any awards in 2019 it is an absolute joke. I don’t understand why he has the amount of fans he has, such an incredibly boring player to watch.

Even in a shit game, he’s still miles above any attacker we have besides Messi. I would much rather have forward who’s involved and always getting on the end of chances rather than Suarez’s donkey days or Griezmann and Dembele’s disappearing acts last week.

Serie A seems so shit though. I watched the first 30 minutes and the intensity was like a friendly match from Parma. From watching the highlights, you’re definitely right though about Ronaldo getting tons of chances. He probably won’t get that many against better teams at least and maybd Inter or Napoli could challenge them a bit more for the title.

raskolnikov

Ronaldo is nowhere near the goat despite what the media and his fanboys like you to think.
He has a few aspects though in which he is goat. One if them being whst they attribute to müller. Raumdeuting, the ability to be in the right place at the right time. Thing that made Inzaghi a professional footballer.

As long as he has that and quality service by a dominant team he will get plenty of chances a match. Despite being an avarage finisher this allows him to get 8 shots of per match and thus 35+ goals a year even post 35.
Which also greatly helps his longitivity are 3 other aspects he is arguably goat in: work ethic, never being injured and marketing.
Which means he can stretch his career to his early 40’s like he claims as a poacher for dominant teams despite being less of a good footballer every year.

The Observer

Ronaldo is nowhere near the goat despite what the media and his fanboys like you to think.
He has a few aspects though in which he is goat. One if them being whst they attribute to müller. Raumdeuting, the ability to be in the right place at the right time. Thing that made Inzaghi a professional footballer.

As long as he has that and quality service by a dominant team he will get plenty of chances a match. Despite being an avarage finisher this allows him to get 8 shots of per match and thus 35+ goals a year even post 35.
Which also greatly helps his longitivity are 3 other aspects he is arguably goat in: work ethic, never being injured and marketing.
Which means he can stretch his career to his early 40’s like he claims as a poacher for dominant teams despite being less of a good footballer every year.

Bruh. There was a time when I also thought he was a glorified Gomez but I left those childish days behind me a long time ago.

You make it sound like everyone just needs to take 8 shots per game in a dominant team and he could be all-time CL topscorer and have over 700 career goals, no probs.

You need to look no further than Suarez who is actually a generational striker himself but has only managed 2 Ronaldo-esque years (2014 - 2016) and only 1 Ronaldo-esque CL campaign (14/15) which Ronaldo did for over a decade.

Easily top 5 player of all time at least from the 80s onwards, irrespective of his repelling media personality. You can't be that bitter to even mention Inzaghi in the same breath. Inzaghi played a whole season scoring only 17 goals in all competitions in a team with Nesta, Maldini, Cafu, Seedorf, Kaka, Pirlo, Rui Costa and Sheva. Last time Ronaldo scored less than 20 goals total was when Zidane was still an active player.

Tackle

He is also almost 35 years old.

Using his current performances to diminish his entire career is more than a bit disingenuous.

He is not going to produce consistent world-class performances anymore while scoring 50 goals a season. 30 goals a season with some iconic performances in the Spring is the player he is now.

Reminder that he was the ONLY player that scored for Juve in the CL knockouts last season. He had 5 goals in 4 knockout appearances. Messi had 6 in 6 matches. He also scored 3 goals in 2 Nations League games on route to the title.

He cannot keep up with Messi anymore or produce insane stats like he used to, but he is still a proper world class player.

Coming into this thread to take the piss out of the bloke after every quiet league match he has is classless and quite petty.

kollegah

Dont write him off.

We all know, he just shows up in CL knockouts. I think the last saeson he also started to score very late into the season.

Better finisher than Messi they said, but you have to count the missed chances in at least 5 games for Leo to miss the number of chances CR missed vs Parma alone. He should seriously consider retiring after this season, because he is spoiling his legacy like this. Despite what his fanboys like to peddle he isn't superhuman or able to defy father time. More performances like this and I will seriously have to wonder whether I myself have been affected by his PR, by placing him as high as 15th on my GOAT list.

Donatello

The Real Madrid and Ronaldo split did more harm than good for both sides.

Ronaldo was tailor made for Zidanes football(cross, and hope someone scores) & he was the crucial part of it, also coincidentally it was also the best way Ronaldo could be utilized.

At Real Ronaldo didn't had to create opportunities, because had an excellent service. His only job was to finish. At Juve he doesn't have that quality of service and Real clearly lack a killer finisher.

Had Ronaldo stayed I think they'd have edged past Ajax, then Juve too. Might have even won the CL.

Last edited:

Theconomist

The Real Madrid and Ronaldo split did more harm than good for both sides.

Ronaldo was tailor made for Zidanes football(cross, and hope someone scores) & he was the crucial part of it, also coincidentally it was also the best way Ronaldo could be utilized.

At Real Ronaldo didn't had to create opportunities, because had an excellent service. His only job was to finish. At Juve he doesn't have that quality of service and Real clearly lack a killer finisher.

Had Ronaldo stayed I think they'd have edged past Ajax, then Juve too. Might have even won the CL.

I'm glad he went for a new challenge.

Home of Barca Fans