Cr150

In the last 3 seasons he always had a very very bad form at the beginning of the season. This start of the season is the best since 14/15. I think we will see the real CR7 at the beginning of 2019

FinBarcelonafan

In the last 3 seasons he always had a very very bad form at the beginning of the season. This start of the season is the best since 14/15. I think we will see the real CR7 at the beginning of 2019

Comparing Italian and Spanish league is pointless. Of course he is destroying Italian league. Juve wins it every season, there's no challenge.

Gnidrologist

Yeah, it's super dumb. He never even was good at them. Only reason he is granted this privilege is because of his stature, not actual skill. His success rate is below average i believe.

raskolnikov

Yeah, it's super dumb. He never even was good at them. Only reason he is granted this privilege is because of his stature, not actual skill. His success rate is below average i believe.
He was great at it at United and I think the first two seasons in Madrid. After that he became a meme with it.

BusiTheKing

He's been playing better at Juve than in his last 3-4 years for Real. I don't see the pattern that he will gear up in feb/march this season being replicated this time around, because as far as I can tell he's already playing in top gear. The spotlight's been on him playing for a new club and all. You can tell he's been eager to prove something. He took way more rest at Real, too. I see many Juve fans expecting him to start tearing it up in the knockouts. Sadly, I think they're in for a disappointment.

soul24rage

He's been playing better at Juve than in his last 3-4 years for Real. I don't see the pattern that he will gear up in feb/march this season being replicated this time around, because as far as I can tell he's already playing in top gear. The spotlight's been on him playing for a new club and all. You can tell he's been eager to prove something. He took way more rest at Real, too. I see many Juve fans expecting him to start tearing it up in the knockouts. Sadly, I think they're in for a disappointment.

I don't know, Juventus are already 8 points ahead of 2nd place, so they could just rest him before any CL knockout stage matches like he has done for Real. Hopefully what you're said is right.

KingLeo10

He was never an all around dominating machine in terms of gameplay, compared to the likes of Messi or R9 at their best. But he has (by far) the most varied arsenal and the physical attributes to put in goals, which is why he has had so much success in CL knockouts where ties are often streaky.

Also, this is rarely mentioned, but his reading of the game to time those around/in-the box movements is probably on par with Messi. He just doesn't have Messi's eye for the final ball, which is alright since Messi's defense splitting/creative ability alone is on par with the likes of Maradona, Xavi, Platini etc.

BusiTheKing

Also, this is rarely mentioned, but his reading of the game to time those around/in-the box movements is probably on par with Messi. He just doesn't have Messi's eye for the final ball, which is alright since Messi's defense splitting/creative ability alone is on par with the likes of Maradona, Xavi, Platini etc.

He doesn't have very good close control either.
You often hear pundits talking about Messi playing football like it's playstation. Of course there's the spectacular ability it takes to execute the shit he pulls, but this is also very much down to how much attention he can afford to give to what's going on around him. Commanding the ball to behave the way he wants it is so natural to him. He does it without thinking, so that his thinking can be focused on analysing the situation around him.

Ronaldo has nearly all his attention on the ball and he has a very hard time keeping it off the feet of defenders as it is. That's why his reading of the game is so much better when he doesn't have the ball, timing runs etc.

Home of Barca Fans