Cr150

GetIn

he can do whatever he wants now when is certain he'll win it
and to be tied with best player in history only boosts his ego more
also i'm gonna vomit now

If you're going to vomit now what are you going to do when he passes Messi next year?

Raketa10

If you're going to vomit now what are you going to do when he passes Messi next year?

Come on be a little bit more optimistic. Why would he win it again in 2018?

But honestly there is one thing he does better, he was willing to rest in a few games so he was perfectly prepared for the end of the season, while Messi has to play ever single game and that is just stupid!

GetIn

Come on be a little bit more optimistic. Why would he win it again in 2018?

But honestly there is one thing he does better, he was willing to rest in a few games so he was perfectly prepared for the end of the season, while Messi has to play ever single game and that is just stupid!

He will simply win because Madrid is a far better team than us. Even though he is the inferior player by a long distance all you need to win the Ballon D'or these days is more trophies than the next guy. Remember most people voting on these awards don't actually watch the matches, they just see that CR has some good stats and his team is winning trophies and assume that he is still playing at the level he was at in 11/12.

JamDav1982

Messi will have to accept rest this season coming up or he will risk being knackered for the world cup.

To be honest I think we may see a lot of those walking, looking like barely trying performances this season due to it.

If it means keeping him fresh then Messi would need to accept a lot of rotation in second half of season. Something that he just seems to refuse to do.

JamDav1982

He will simply win because Madrid is a far better team than us. Even though he is the inferior player by a long distance all you need to win the Ballon D'or these days is more trophies than the next guy. Remember most people voting on these awards don't actually watch the matches, they just see that CR has some good stats and his team is winning trophies and assume that he is still playing at the level he was at in 11/12.

The last few months of the season Ronaldo has been as good and decisive as he has ever been. He has played a huge part in those trophies won.

Next years award could well be dominated by the World Cup although bit worrying that Portugal have quite a decent team emerging...

BBZ8800

Madrid has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay higher chances to win a few CLs in the next few years than us.
I mean, we have an ageing squad, low motivation, a mess in the team and Neymar.

They have 3 CLs in 4 seasons and they won't lose any players.

CR7 now has 4 CLs titles while Messi has only 3 "and a half titles" (2006').
That only show how poor we are. We managed to have Messi and still win less CLs than CR7.
If Messi theoretically hadn't existed, CR7 would probably have 6-7 CL titles by now and he would be hailed as by far the greatest footballer and the most influental player (in terms of winning trophies for his team) in a history of sport.

Even though majority of our fans will shit on CR7 and say that he is winning CLs only because his teammates are good.
But hey, didn't Messi win CLs also only when our team was awesome (let's say Pep's era and when MSN were flying like crazy for 6 Months in 2015)?
Messi never managed to guide an average team to the glory, nor in Barca nor in Argentina.

So, they are in the same boat.

We are all shitting at CR7, but I would personally trade current Neymar+Suarez together for a 32-years old CR7 in a heartbeat.

GetIn

Even though majority of our fans will shit on CR7 and say that he is winning CLs only because his teammates are good.
But hey, didn't Messi win CLs also only when our team was awesome (let's say Pep's era and when MSN were flying like crazy for 6 Months in 2015)?
Messi never managed to guide an average team to the glory, nor in Barca nor in Argentina.

We are all shitting at CR7, but I would personally trade current Neymar+Suarez together for a 32-years old CR7 in a heartbeat.

I would too trade both Neymar and Suarez for CR7 in an instant and just get another LW player who can pass the ball and score when called upon. Can you imagine Messi setting up CR7, Leo would have over 50 assists a year. Ronaldo usually buries his chances when it counts, the same cannot be said about Neymar or Suarez.

Also the Ballon D'or has been a team oriented award for years now, you need individual success + collective success to win it. The difference was back then we were the best team and Messi was also the best player. What irks me and some other fans is that although CR7 is not as talented as Leo, he is winning all these awards because his team is performing much better. He is still a magnificent player in his own right and scored some very important goals this season.

GetIn

Cristiano-Ronaldo-likes-meme-of-himself-and-Lionel-Messi.jpg

Hahaha can't even be mad, that's actually pretty funny to be honest, LOL, I don't blame him for liking it.

Raketa10

Madrid has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay higher chances to win a few CLs in the next few years than us.
I mean, we have an ageing squad, low motivation, a mess in the team and Neymar.

They have 3 CLs in 4 seasons and they won't lose any players.

CR7 now has 4 CLs titles while Messi has only 3 "and a half titles" (2006').
That only show how poor we are. We managed to have Messi and still win less CLs than CR7.
If Messi theoretically hadn't existed, CR7 would probably have 6-7 CL titles by now and he would be hailed as by far the greatest footballer and the most influental player (in terms of winning trophies for his team) in a history of sport.

Of course no one can win trophies with an average team this is a TEAM sport and because of that Balon d'Or is just pure shit these years. For example Luka Modric who was having fantastic season have no chance of wining it ever, since only thing that counts are goals! Or take in to consideration that if Ramos didn't score all this last minute goals Real wouldn't won CL against ATM or this year's La Liga. For me it's a pure bullshit that Balon d'Or is reserved always only for Messi and Ronaldo.

Regarding Messi, he led Argentina to 3 finals in last 3 years!!!! I would say 3 finals in 3 years are glory if you ask me since they are far from perfect team while Ronaldo didn't lead Potugal at all in last Euro. He didn't even play in the final. Pepe was for example far more influential player than he was in EURO. Messi is light years ahead of Ronaldo in any part of the game and the fact that he doesn't have WC doesn't change anything. For example Ronald R9 doesn't have CL trophy but that doesn't change the fact that he is for me the best No.9 ever.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Of course no one can win trophies with an average team this is a TEAM sport and because of that Balon d'Or is just pure shit these years. For example Luka Modric who was having fantastic season have no chance of wining it ever, since only thing that counts are goals! Or take in to consideration that if Ramos didn't score all this last minute goals Real wouldn't won CL against ATM or this year's La Liga. For me it's a pure bullshit that Balon d'Or is reserved always only for Messi and Ronaldo.

Regarding Messi, he led Argentina to 3 finals in last 3 years!!!! I would say 3 finals in 3 years are glory if you ask me since they are far from perfect team while Ronaldo didn't lead Potugal at all in last Euro. He didn't even play in the final. Pepe was for example far more influential player than he was in EURO. Messi is light years ahead of Ronaldo in any part of the game and the fact that he doesn't have WC doesn't change anything. For example Ronald R9 doesn't have CL trophy but that doesn't change the fact that he is for me the best No.9 ever.

Mate, I am a Barca's fan and in my eyes, there will never be a doubt regarding who is better: Messi or Cr7.

But I personally won't commit a suicide now because RM is dominating. I survived that already once before as a teen in 1998, 2000 and 2002 when it was way more painful since Real was dominating and we were an absolute crap. This time, we had 10 years of joy before RM's success.

Also, personally, I don't mind saying: RM is better today. Or Cr7 was better/more influental this season (from this or that reason).

But it personally slightly pisses me that everything is black and white.
When Messi loses a final with Argentina=it is not about him. It is teammates. It is a bad luck. It is Higuain.
When CR7 wins an Euro=it IS his teammates. Cr7 was poor. Portugal was lucky. A tournament was a crap.
So, what, Argentina was never lucky? Argentina never had an easy draw etc?
Portugal is stronger in Europe than Argentina in America?

Or again, regarding Barca/Messi CL's and RM/CR7's CLs.
In the last 4 years, first 2 of their CL's were described as: lucky, easy draws, undeserved etc.
On the other hand, remember our CL title in 2009 and Chelsea's match. None of RM's titles can match that one.

My point:
1. Messi is still the best
2. but Cr150 is surely not a bad player either
3. also, 4 years ago Messi was like 5 miles infront of CR7 when you look at their career's achievements.
Today, Messi is still probably the best when you sum it all, but Cr7 has done an amazing job in the last 4 years (luck or not) with 1 Euro and 3 Cls in 4 years and his career's achievements came way closer to Messi.
On the other hand, if Cr7 will win 1-2 Cls in the next 3-4 years, who knows how the maths will look in the end.
Since, sadly, RM is currently miles better than us (on a CL level). They have a winning team who is on a hot streak.
While we have no midfield and our 2nd best player who should lead us to trophies is a clown Neymar :rolleyes:
4. also, Barca has hugely let down Messi in the last 6 years, where we won only 1 title and RM (without Messi) won 3 Cl titles

Also, one more thing, we can debate this or that and add random arguments (R9 doesn't have a CL etc), but a point remains that for neutral fans, Cr7 in this moment came really close to Messi, or even equalled or surpassed him.

Once again, unless if we win 1 CL in the next 3-4 years, Cr7 could come even closer or surpass him even more (in the eyes of neutrals).

So, RM is on their way to win 4-5-6 CLs in 7-8 years, and our answers are Neymar, Bellerin and similar guys.
Dear Messi, good luck.
If you'll want to win against RM and CR7, you will have to do it alone, by yourself.
Don't expect too much help from our board or from players whom they are buying.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans