Cr150

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Ronaldo was playing when we were destroying Madrid but he also played in all the games they won, such as several Camp Nou upsets and that Copa Del Rey win.

JamDav1982

He got absolutely destroyed by Pep's Barca, Lucho Barca, and even EV Barca. What I respect the most out of him is he never gave up after getting absolutely slaughtered by us match after match. You could say the hardest he tried was from 2009-2013, and was repeatedly getting abused by either Dani Alves, Puyol, Mascherano, or Pique.

Things have changed a lot since 2015. Messi's confidence I feel got worse after he realized just how bad his NT and Club is, while CR7's grew tremendously. I was expecting Messi to become even stronger after his lack of NT success and seeing his player rival do so well, but it seems to have done the opposite...

Ronaldo was not getting abused all that much and got the better of that Barca defence more than anyone else could in that time. To say players like Alves, Pique and Puyol were abusing him is not accurate.

10/11 scored in 1-1 draw at home with Barca and scored winner in Copa Final V Barca.
11/12 Scored at Camp Nou in Super Copa. Scored in Camp Nou to win 2-1 and go on to win League title. Scored home and away V Barca in Copa as eliminated.
12/13 Scored twice in Camp Nou in League 2-2 draw. Scored another 2 away in Camp Nou to eliminate Barca from Copa.

serghei

Ronaldo was not getting abused all that much and got the better of that Barca defence more than anyone else could in that time. To say players like Alves, Pique and Puyol were abusing him is not accurate.

10/11 scored in 1-1 draw at home with Barca and scored winner in Copa Final V Barca.
11/12 Scored at Camp Nou in Super Copa. Scored in Camp Nou to win 2-1 and go on to win League title. Scored home and away V Barca in Copa as eliminated.
12/13 Scored twice in Camp Nou in League 2-2 draw. Scored another 2 away in Camp Nou to eliminate Barca from Copa.

True. Done about as much as he could against a clearly superior side from all points of view. It was very hard to be a forward against a team that basically monopolized the ball for 70% of the time and made you chase shadows.

If say Messi would've played against that Barca even in his peak, he would've had a very hard time as well. Just a too great of a side especially in the middle of the park.

Other than maybe Drogba (with much-reduced sample size) don't remember any forward that gave us as many problems offensively as Ronaldo at Madrid did.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

True. Done about as much as he could against a clearly superior side from all points of view. It was very hard to be a forward against a team that basically monopolized the ball for 70% of the time and made you chase shadows.

If say Messi would've played against that Barca even in his peak, he would've had a very hard time as well. Just a too great of a side especially in the middle of the park.

Other than maybe Drogba (with much-reduced sample size) don't remember any forward that gave us as many problems offensively as Ronaldo at Madrid did.

Yeah, there is a reason why ALves said that CR7 was his hardest oppenent.

"He never made me really suffer because I was focused, but the most difficult opponent I've faced has been Cristiano Ronaldo, without any doubt," Alves explained in an interview with 'Hoy no se sale'.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Ahh i loved these seasons, pure action every match :worthy:

xavisionary

No disrespect to fans here, but the Copa winning goal in 2011 remains one of my favourite ever. Such a pure brilliant header to win a game. Obviously Barcelona had the last laugh in most other Clasicos around the time...

raskolnikov

No disrespect to fans here, but the Copa winning goal in 2011 remains one of my favourite ever. Such a pure brilliant header to win a game. Obviously Barcelona had the last laugh in most other Clasicos around the time...
I still feel that Pedro goal was not offside. Would gave been messi's best assist ever and changed that final.

Richard.H

Its not true that he did nothing against Barcelona, in fact, 2013 was his best year against them, 2012 wasn`t bad either.
Alves certainly got the better of him, the same can absolutely not be said for Pique though.

So, your story is missing a lot of things.

Ok I may have exaggerated. Certainly in 2012 and 2013 RM played very well and CR had an upper hand. 2012 especially with RM being a penalty away from reaching the Finals. However, compare those years to 2016 on? In those years I was confident even Pique would have a decent night against him. The change in our defensive confidence and abilities really went to crap after 16 or so.

KingLeo10

There's basically 3 phases to CR7's record v Barca

Phase I (07 - 11):

He was absolutely shut out/dominated by Barca from 07 to 11 until the CDR final goal which I believe was his first goal in what 7-8 games v us? That includes 4 CL semi final games and a CL final. This is no surprise because even though United were great, Barca in that stretch were I believe the best club side ever.

Phase II (11-14):

Here, he started dominating/scoring against us with frequency, with his peak being in 2012-2013 when we had a declining team and jokers like Bartra and Adriano as well as a finished Puyol and such in defense. He scored 6-7 goals in 6 games v us in 2012-2013.

Phase III (15-18):

Here, it was a lot more even...there were times like MSN Barca 4-0 and the 3-0 under EV where we destroyed him but he also scored 2 game winners at the Camp Nou in this time frame. 50/50 I'd say.

Home of Barca Fans