Cr150

Andresito

Staff member
Staying on for the full 90 minutes against one of the worst teams of the tournament, at home nonetheless, so he can statpad. Was looking more and more frustrated towards the end as he only managed to get one goal. This guy never changes. Absolute douche.

Either a troll post or a very stupid one.

Blackened

I have to say Ronaldo is a bit overrated. When people say he is one of the all-time greats (in a very broad way), fine. When people say top-5 or even second (behind Messi), that goes way too far. Statistics and trophies dont give you the whole picture. If we go by that, what is the most prestigious competition? It is not La Liga, it is not even CL. It is the World Cup. And who is the top scorer? It is not Messi, it is not Ronaldo, it is not Pele... it is freaking Miroslav Klose. Is he one of the all-time greats? Was he amonst the best strikers in the world even in his prime? Of course not. Just because Ronaldo has managed to score so many goals and win so many trophies, that doesnt AUTOMATICALLY put him amongst the greats. He got carried by Benzema, Bale, Marcelo, Kroos and Modric for many many years. I cant remember see him score a truly great goal ever. Good goals, lots of good goals that recuire a lot of athleticism and practice. But... Great ones? Where he dribbles past defenders like Messi, Maradona, Dinho, R9, Henry, Zidane, Matthaus and other greats have done? Never happened. Excellent headers, good finishing with both feet and in his earlier years, powerful long-distance shots.... those are what made Ronaldo. Mentioning him in the top-20 is fine... top-5? Dont make me laugh.

Andresito

Staff member
I have to say Ronaldo is a bit overrated. When people say he is one of the all-time greats (in a very broad way), fine. When people say top-5 or even second (behind Messi), that goes way too far. Statistics and trophies dont give you the whole picture. If we go by that, what is the most prestigious competition? It is not La Liga, it is not even CL. It is the World Cup. And who is the top scorer? It is not Messi, it is not Ronaldo, it is not Pele... it is freaking Miroslav Klose. Is he one of the all-time greats? Was he amonst the best strikers in the world even in his prime? Of course not. Just because Ronaldo has managed to score so many goals and win so many trophies, that doesnt AUTOMATICALLY put him amongst the greats. He got carried by Benzema, Bale, Marcelo, Kroos and Modric for many many years. I cant remember see him score a truly great goal ever. Good goals, lots of good goals that recuire a lot of athleticism and practice. But... Great ones? Where he dribbles past defenders like Messi, Maradona, Dinho, R9, Henry, Zidane, Matthaus and other greats have done? Never happened. Excellent headers, good finishing with both feet and in his earlier years, powerful long-distance shots.... those are what made Ronaldo. Mentioning him in the top-20 is fine... top-5? Dont make me laugh.

Paragraphing bro

malvolio

You started quite well, but then it devolved into nonsense.
Ronaldo being carried, by Benzema no less :lol::lol:

wel...it was surely better than having 27 years old wonderkid dybala, obese higuain and non-existent bernardeschi by his side when they we're getting fucked by ajax or lyon.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

In hindsight it looked like a bad idea, Juventus is already trailing Milan, and they`ve qualified from their CL-group, add to the fact that they haven`t exactly been convincing without Ronaldo so far either.

After the match Pirlo said that Ronaldo has a small injury and they didnt want to risk him but a team like Juventus should win against Benevento without any problems even without CR7.

FC B

Well lets break it down just how Ronaldo exactly won all his trophies and scored all of his goals. All the penalties, the offside goals which helped Real to beat Bayern. All his no-shows in big games. The fact that he was always surrounded by the very best players in the world.

Besides his undisputed qualities PR7 is the perfect marketing machine and the media always speculated on this by trying to make a comparison between him and Messi as to make him greater than he really is.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Besides his undisputed qualities PR7 is the perfect marketing machine and the media always speculated on this by trying to make a comparison between him and Messi as to make him greater than he really is.

You don't score 700+ goals and remain "the eternal second", a comparison absolutely exists and non-Barca fans struggle to claim confidently who has had the better career out of the two. Barca fans like you live in a bubble. For the record, I think Messi is the better player but their careers are really close now.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

You don't score 700+ goals and remain "the eternal second", a comparison absolutely exists and non-Barca fans struggle to claim confidently who has had the better career out of the two. Barca fans like you live in a bubble. For the record, I think Messi is the better player but their careers are really close now.

+1

some people are still living in 2012

raskolnikov

You are ridiculous if you seriously compare a goalscorer to a goalscorer who is also a playmaker and dribbler.

Football is a teamsport though. When it comes to playing he is not near Messi. He is closer to Lewandiwski, Ibra and Suarez since they are also goalscorers.
He got them beat but doesnt compare to Messi as a footballer.

Just get elevated due to riding his coattails in a social media era where the media compares him to Messi.
Also an era where topteams are stacked and we have players scoring 30+ when it used to be rarer.
Which makes goalscorers look better than before.

Real Ronaldo, Henry, Sheva, Batistuta, etc. Put them in stacked teams with more penalties and they would go from
From 20-25 goal strikers to 30-35 strikers.
Nobody in his right mind would think Aguero and Higuain are greatly superior to Batistuta for example.

The easier scoring and therefore mind boggling stats fuels Ronaldo's only argument to be compared to Messi, goalscoring. But it doesnt put him in the goat debate. Otherwise you can also put Gerd Muller in.

Home of Barca Fans