Cr150

I would mortgage my house on a bet that those who think he is still world class have not watched a full game of his this season.

He is not world class anymore and that's no slight on him because nobody has been world class approaching 35 years of age. He has scored a few goals in the best team in an Italian farm and he is still world class? Then what is Immobile, a GOAT contender???

What I find remarkable is that his season has been amazingly similar to Suarez. Average all around game but scores goals. Suarez despite scoring goals of a vastly superior quality to Cr7 and no penaldos is viewed as a shit rat fuck waste of space good for nothing. Cr7 is viewed as 'world class.'

Swear down if these people really are Barca fans they must be suffering from Stockholm syndrome or something. 🤤

KingLeo10

I would mortgage my house on a bet that those who think he is still world class have not watched a full game of his this season.

He is not world class anymore and that's no slight on him because nobody has been world class approaching 35 years of age. He has scored a few goals in the best team in an Italian farm and he is still world class? Then what is Immobile, a GOAT contender???

What I find remarkable is that his season has been amazingly similar to Suarez. Average all around game but scores goals. Suarez despite scoring goals of a vastly superior quality to Cr7 and no penaldos is viewed as a shit rat fuck waste of space good for nothing. Cr7 is viewed as 'world class.'

Swear down if these people really are Barca fans they must be suffering from Stockholm syndrome or something. ��

:lol: CR7 has the same number of CL KO goals in 1 season (16/17) as Suarez has in his entire career. That's like comparing Robben to Messi. Both Robben and Suarez were world class for multiple seasons but not legendary tier.

No one here is a CR7 fanboy (aside from a couple of trolls who've been banned now). What some of the sensible ones are doing is giving him props for still producing at a high level at 35. I used to dunk on him when he scored those meaningless hat tricks v Getafe, Espanyol, and the like and got bounced in the CL (v us in 09, Lyon, us in 2011, bayern in 12, dortmund in 13). Then, he changed his approach from 13/14 onwards and has become a big game player. You can do all the gymnastics you want to but with the CV he has, the dude is an EASY top 10 all time, and for most people, top 5 all time.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Well said , I remember people calling Samurai7 (including me) a flat track-bully back in those days when he was pumping la liga fodder and doing houdini acts in the big games. Ironically that has been Suarez in the CL for the past 3 years. Id take a 45 year old CR7 as Barca's striker than the current Suarez.

Last edited:
:lol: CR7 has the same number of CL KO goals in 1 season (16/17) as Suarez has in his entire career. That's like comparing Robben to Messi. Both Robben and Suarez were world class for multiple seasons but not legendary tier.

No one here is a CR7 fanboy (aside from a couple of trolls who've been banned now). What some of the sensible ones are doing is giving him props for still producing at a high level at 35. I used to dunk on him when he scored those meaningless hat tricks v Getafe, Espanyol, and the like and got bounced in the CL (v us in 09, Lyon, us in 2011, bayern in 12, dortmund in 13). Then, he changed his approach from 13/14 onwards and has become a big game player. You can do all the gymnastics you want to but with the CV he has, the dude is an EASY top 10 all time, and for most people, top 5 all time.

90 percent of what you have written is not in relation to my comment which was based purely on the state of CR7 NOW, TODAY. Of course I did never argue that he hasn't been world class before, that would be absurd.

Please explain how the following facts makes sense.

1) Suarez has had a better season than CR7.
2) Suarez is routinely called a lazy rat fuck who is only in the team because he is friends with Messi.
3) Ronaldo despite clearly having the inferior season with poorer quality goals, numerous more penalties and playing in a weaker league, is routinely described as 'world class.

I'm all ears to anyone who can explain this conundrum to me.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
90 percent of what you have written is not in relation to my comment which was based purely on the state of CR7 NOW, TODAY. Of course I did never argue that he hasn't been world class before, that would be absurd.

2) Suarez is routinely called a lazy rat fuck who is only in the team because he is friends with Messi.
3) Ronaldo despite clearly having the inferior season with poorer quality goals, numerous more penalties and playing in a weaker league, is routinely described as 'world class.

lol, put even this old Ronaldo at the end of Messi's passes and he would hit 40 goals easily. Not to mention that he would not kill the majority of attacks in their beginning. Of course them playing together would not work due to both of them being defensive liabilities though. Not like current Suarez does a whole lot of pressing and defending of his own as well, however. Also, goals are goals. There is no such thing as "poor quality" goals. If anything, Ronaldo's goals often win games, which makes them valuable and therefore high quality goals.

Andrew M

What does world class even mean these days? If you wanted goals in a vital match you'd take Ronaldo over anyone

KingLeo10

lol, put even this old Ronaldo at the end of Messi's passes and he would hit 40 goals easily. Not to mention that he would not kill the majority of attacks in their beginning. Of course them playing together would not work due to both of them being defensive liabilities though. Not like current Suarez does a whole lot of pressing and defending of his own as well, however. Also, goals are goals. There is no such thing as "poor quality" goals. If anything, Ronaldo's goals often win games, which makes them valuable and therefore high quality goals.

Yup. CR7 at the end of Messi's creative abilities means we nick at least 1 goal at Rome or Anfield and likely go on to win the CL (for sure in 18/19 and maybe in 17/18).

[MENTION=23762]Ernesto GOATverde Tejedor[/MENTION], CR7 scored all of Juve's CL KO last season if I'm not mistaken. 5 goals in 4 games. Suarez is scoring at the rate of 2-3 goals every 10 CL games these days. And more like 1 in 10 in the KOs.

I'm not interested in what CR7 does against Italian farmers or what Suarez does against Spanish farmers. World class is the ability to decide big games (CL, big league games like v RM, AM) and even in their 30s, only Messi and CR7 are proven, consistent match winners.

Home of Barca Fans