Cr150

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Why can't you compare over decades? Surely the GOATS list should start with those who dominated their era's and were head and shoulders above their peers at the time. That's why in my GOAT list the top 5 are Messi, Maradona, R9, Pele, Di Stefano. In that order. All dominated their era's, conclusively.

Messi
Pele
CR

R9 was phenomenal but I don't think the majority includes him in the GOAT conversation. It is usually among Messi+CR, Pele, Maradona, Di Stefano, and Cruyff. For me this is the ultimate top tier list. May have forgot someone. R9, Beckenbauer, Zidane, Xavi, Iniesta, Best, Puskas, Garrincha, Eusebio, Platini, Yashin and the likes are a tier below.

As others said though, comparing players who played in different eras is a bit pointless. But I do think that after all is done and dusted, CR will be mentioned as a top-3 player.

JohnN

Most coaches, players, former players, pundits, football institutions and respected football publications would place Cristiano comfortably in the top 5. Most fans have also recognized this.

Guess everybody except you "chosen" lot have fallen for the hype and PR machine.

Only a small sect of insecure, petty Barca fans continue to laughably argue CR barely belongs in the top 10 and he is nothing more than another Muller or Inzaghi.

These are the same daft twats that kept arguing Ronaldo was not the most important player on Madrid's CL winning teams because all he did was score tap-ins that any other finisher could do. Modric, Marcelo, Kroos and Carvajal deserved most of the credit for the titles as they created all chances. I cannot tell you how many times I heard even with CR off the team Madrid would have still won most of their CLs. Well, we saw the truth last season.

Now these same blokes expect us to take their word that Ronaldo is only scores because his teammates give him easy tap-ins and how lucky he's been his entire career. Right.

Take the tin-foil hats off and concede you are not privy to any sort of knowledge that the rest of the football world isn't.

Few reason why you lot refuse to judge CR objectively:

1. Messi
2. Former Madrid player
3. His personality/ego
4. Cruyffista that appreciates everything that comes before the goal more
5. Plastic fan circa. 2008 or not knowledgeable enough to understand everything that goes into creating a "tap-in"
6. Appreciates style and jaw-dropping flashy moments over simplicity and monotony

Chances are you fall under one of the boxes above if you're still parroting "CR is barely in the top 10."

After Messi I cannot think of maybe more than one or two other players I would take to build a team around over Cristiano. Many of the more talented players didn't have the longevity, consistency, heath or the same level of impact on the outcome of the match.

You come off unsurprisingly biased and aggressive towards all other users. You also fail time and time again to respond to others, as in the Valverde thread, when your arguments have been obliterated.
Each to his own opinion I guess, but I wouldn't rate yours, due to your amazing efforts to support Valverde.

Messi
Pele
CR

R9 was phenomenal but I don't think the majority includes him in the GOAT conversation. It is usually among Messi+CR, Pele, Maradona, Di Stefano, and Cruyff. For me this is the ultimate top tier list. May have forgot someone. R9, Beckenbauer, Zidane, Xavi, Iniesta, Best, Puskas, Garrincha, Eusebio, Platini, Yashin and the likes are a tier below.

As others said though, comparing players who played in different eras is a bit pointless. But I do think that after all is done and dusted, CR will be mentioned as a top-3 player.

Hand on heart can say that I have never met anyone in real life who wasn't a supporter of Real Madrid or Utd that thinks CR7 is a better footballer than Maradona or R9.

Hand on heart can say that I have rarely met anyone even on the internet ( though admittedly im not on social media a lot ) who wasn't a supporter of Real Madrid or Utd that thinks CR7 is a better footballer than Diego Armando Muthafuckin' Maradona. The fact anyone does, just blows my mind.

As always, you have the right to your opinion. It seems though that anyone here who doesn't think CR7 is a top 10 of all time is not allowed the right to his opinion and is subject to abuse. As always, I continue regardless.

Ritchie

If Messi had chose Spain over Argentina there'd be no doubt at all who number 1 is. He'd have won every international title at least once and have 100+ international goals on top of his Barca achievements.

His career has unbelievably ended up a bit of a disappointment because no matter what he does Ronaldo always usurps him.

RevoTeller

Messi
Pele
CR

Please.
Today Football's quality is at an all-time low.
Players like Messi and the fake Ronaldo played in Superstars teams (all great players together) against nobody for years.
Today once a player shows skills that would have been considered average at best 20 years ago he is immediately worth hundred of millions.
Like the case of Dembele, LMAO. A guy who, in the '80s, would have been lucky to bring the bags to the football pitch for players of the caliber of Zico and alike.

Despite all of this, Messi however can easily be placed in a top 10 list because of his supreme football skills, even if he totally lacks the charisma and leadrship of the true sport greats.
But Cronaldo? LMAO come on, he is too technically limited to be even considered for a top 20 spot.

If Messi had chose Spain over Argentina there'd be no doubt at all who number 1 is. He'd have won every international title at least once and have 100+ international goals on top of his Barca achievements.

His career has unbelievably ended up a bit of a disappointment because no matter what he does Ronaldo always usurps him.

Usurp who?
Christ, this Cronaldo vs Messi supposed "debate" really ruined the sport. Think with your head FFS and use your goddam eyes to watch the game.

PS: saw today Fiorentina-Juventus game. Cronaldo looked like Giampaolo Pazzini on the football pitch: same shirt number, same inverted feet.
Literally unwatchable.

Last edited:

pregra

Absolute crap (yet again) today. Unbelievable how shit he is when not getting chance after chance after chance. Creativity zero. Touch/technique in tight spaces laughable. He is dangerous when he has loads of space and opponents spread out, I’ll give him that. Funny thing is this is how he plays 90% of the time but he gets a goal or two and everyone are jizzing their pants. One of the most boring «greats» I’ve ever seen.

xxxxxx

No penaldo = no party.

As I said, people were raving about his "performance" during week, despite him scoring mostly tap-ins against a terrible side. Ronaldo is mostly a poacher these days. If he doesn't have the support, he doesn't really do much.

Horatio

You're welcome
Saw highlights of the game against Lithuania and youd never believe he scored 4 goals judging by the first half. Atrocious misses and attempts at goal. But yeah, he gets served so much that law of probability will balance it out eventually. Penalty helped jump-start his performance.

pregra

Lithuania played Lixembourg twice and got a single point from those games. Barca B would beat Lithuania comfortably.

Nice interview of his with Piers Morgan. As much as he is obviously the king of PR/Marketing, he was refreshingly honest and seemed to speak from the heart. Much prefer that to the basic generic comments you normally get.

He thinks he is the greatest footballer ever and his main goal is to have more Ballon D'ors than anyone in history, so that it reflects that. Fair play to him.

pregra

Was absolute shite for 94+ minutes before that though. Backpass after backpass after backpass. Thank feck he didn’t score that cause we would never hear the end of it. 1 goal in 4 to start the season, hopefully it continues this way.

Home of Barca Fans