Cr150

Yannik

If Iniesta is not a saint ,no one deserves to be called as saint , not even the angel among the defenders who hasn't received a red card yet . I can pick out incident's from either and there . Comparing Ronaldo and Iniesta in diving :lol:

iirc you are comparing Ronaldo and Iniesta in diving, not me.
I was just the guy saying Iniesta isn't a saint because you literally said "Iniesta never dives" in your OP. I can recall the odd dive, whereas I can't really recall those scenes in which Iniesta fell and got up to continue with play rather than wait for the call. That's a saint for me, Iniesta isn't. He is neither a particular great example for diving, as he is against it. You might aswell pinpoint on anyone of a list of random player names and as long as he doesnt have a "dive compilation" on YouTube he serves your narrative of a saint as much as Iniesta does.

Last edited:

dakt

Ronaldo thoroughly deserved it. Messi just wasn't decisive enough in the most important games. Had he showed up in the CL against Atletico & again in the Copa America final shot-out vs. Chile then maybe he would've won. It's funny that everyone lambasted Higuain during that shoot out when Messi the captain stepped up and missed the opening penalty himself. Not to mention that the Copa America is a considerably weaker tournament with less games en route to the final than the Euros. Every team Portugal faced in the KO were considerably better than all the teams present in the Copa America barring Chile. The likes of Croatia, Poland & Wales are much stronger than teams like Mexico, USA etc. So really Messi had it in his hands.

In la liga I'd say they were about equal. Suarez was the primary reason Barca won it and in fact Ronaldo's 2nd half of the season form was better than his and was one of the reasons Real came only within 1 point.

In the CL, Ronaldo was clearly the best player overall despite his substandard showing in the final but the team would never have made it that far if not for his hat-trick against Wolfsburg to overturn a 2 goal deficit from the 1st leg (which was the best individual performance in the tournament last year ). Overall, you could say he had a weak Euros (but was still decisive) and a slow start to the season (coming off a 2 month injury @ 31years old). Other than that anyone can tell me what big games in 2016 Messi was decisive in. He accumulated his stats in easy games like Ronaldo is often criticised for.

Sure

He scored/assisted more than 70% of Real Madrid's goals in the CL including the hat-trick against Wolfsburg that enabled them to progress to the semis in a game they had no business winning if he was absent. Sometimes I wonder if people just make things up as they go along.

Imho, Ronaldo at his absolute peak (late 2006 ~ late 2012) is the greatest European player ever or at least top 3.

You are not watching football very often are you?

BarcaOG

Banned
i cannot believe he has 4 ballons...

when he won his third i thought well, hes clearly declining and cannot possible win any more. third and last.

then eder and ramos win him big titles. so frustrating. consdiering Real's and portugal's luck, he might even win a fifth.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
i cannot believe he has 4 ballons...

when he won his third i thought well, hes clearly declining and cannot possible win any more. third and last.

then eder and ramos win him big titles. so frustrating. consdiering Real's and portugal's luck, he might even win a fifth.

If Real Madrid wins the league this season and if we don't win the CL, or if they win the CL alone, he will win his 5th BD next year, regardless of how good or bad his actual performance is on the field.

He is more or less a free rider these days.

RMU ReBorn

iirc you are comparing Ronaldo and Iniesta in diving, not me.
I was just the guy saying Iniesta isn't a saint because you literally said "Iniesta never dives" in your OP. I can recall the odd dive, whereas I can't really recall those scenes in which Iniesta fell and got up to continue with play rather than wait for the call. That's a saint for me, Iniesta isn't. He is neither a particular great example for diving, as he is against it. You might aswell pinpoint on anyone of a list of random player names and as long as he doesnt have a "dive compilation" on YouTube he serves your narrative of a saint as much as Iniesta does.
You don't need to post a compilation .Atleast post 2-3 dives of Iniesta . Anyone can feed trolls and utter stupidity . To validate that you need proofs :)

NotInHere

If Real Madrid wins the league this season and if we don't win the CL, or if they win the CL alone, he will win his 5th BD next year, regardless of how good or bad his actual performance is on the field.

He is more or less a free rider these days.
It's absurd how the media can manipulate people, I'm not saying Cristiano doesn't deserve praise but they have gone to the extreme, the version of todays Cristiano winning the award for the best player in the world is ridiculous, what's the meaning of the award then? Is it for the player who won more trophies or for the player that performs like the best in the pitch.. This award has become a joke

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's absurd how the media can manipulate people, I'm not saying Cristiano doesn't deserve praise but they have gone to the extreme, the version of todays Cristiano winning the award for the best player in the world is ridiculous, what's the meaning of the award then? Is it for the player who won more trophies or for the player that performs like the best in the pitch.. This award has become a joke

It is basically an award alternating between Messi and Ronaldo until one of them retires. To make it worse, individual performance does not matter when the award itself was supposed to be based on individual performance.

Yannik

You don't need to post a compilation .Atleast post 2-3 dives of Iniesta . Anyone can feed trolls and utter stupidity . To validate that you need proofs :)

Although I cannot serve you with a variety of clips as I don't follow Barca in every match and I'm on my phone which makes research a little tricky these examples are from the World Cup final which made them pretty easy to find. No. 1 and No. 2 (youtube). He, although alongside many others on both sides, were constantly on the ground, exaggerating, demanding cards, the whole game was a shitshow and that even though it was the most televised sports event there is. Maybe it was emotions considering the importance, I can actually even understand that at this stage, but it also shows that even for Iniesta fairplay does have a limit. That kinda diminished his "saint status" in the world (especially in the netherlands). Imo Iniesta is normally not a repeating diver, but he is also not one who stays on his legs when there is a chance of going down. His diving antics are basically normal for a football player and nothing to be either praised or despiced for.

He is probably as near or as far from a fairplay award as .. i dont know .. Morgan Schneiderlin is.

Last edited:

NotInHere

It is basically an award alternating between Messi and Ronaldo until one of them retires. To make it worse, individual performance does not matter when the award itself was supposed to be based on individual performance.
Do you think he will win more Luft? Idk, his level of play has gone down and he wont be getting faster, even if Madrid wins important titles I think people will finally realize there's other players that have higher impact than him

gasgas

Although I cannot serve you with a variety of clips as I don't follow Barca in every match and I'm on my phone which makes research a little tricky these examples are from the World Cup final which made them pretty easy to find. No. 1 and No. 2 (youtube). He, although alongside many others on both sides, were constantly on the ground, exaggerating, demanding cards, the whole game was a shitshow and that even though it was the most televised sports event there is. Maybe it was emotions considering the importance, I can actually even understand that at this stage, but it also shows that even for Iniesta fairplay does have a limit. That kinda diminished his "saint status" in the world (especially in the netherlands). Imo Iniesta is normally not a repeating diver, but he is also not one who stays on his legs when there is a chance of going down. His diving antics are basically normal for a football player and nothing to be either praised or despiced for.

He is probably as near or as far from a fairplay award as .. i dont know .. Morgan Schneiderlin is.

Theres also a dive vs Sociedad

And another dive in el classico where he tried to make it look like Pepe fouled him, but Pepe was smart enough to dodge him and iniesta dropped to the ground looking like a buffoon

Home of Barca Fans