Cr150

El Flaco

Zlatan has played in 5-6 different league's , and should be rated as the best striker ever ahead of Romario , Van basten R9 , Henry , Batigol etc

To be fair, Zlatan is actually one of the best strikers from his generation and defo a better player than likes of Batigol and perhaps even Romario IMO.

Maxwell is a much better example. A player won plethoras of league titles in several countries and Champions League.

Doubt anyone would rate him as argubaly the best LB ever based on that.

RMU ReBorn

To be fair, Zlatan is actually one of the best strikers from his generation and defo a better player than likes of Batigol and perhaps even Romario IMO.

Maxwell is a much better example. A decent player who won plethoras of league titles in several countries and Champions League.
Zlatan better than Romario ? Wait what ? :facepalm: Ok i can understand that you are from sweden ,but no one will rate him ahead of Batigol ,let alone Romario who is among top 3 strikers post Muller and pele era . ( R9 , Van basten , Romario ) . Last golden ball winner from a world cup winning team .

jamrock

League title is virtually guaranteed ? . Messi is the reason why we are domination the league for the past decade or so . Unlike in Italy were Juve will walk over the league even if they don't have Ronaldo . Man united were treble winners and the biggest brand in world football when Ferguson literally spoonfed penaldo with european culture and tactics for 3&4 seasons . Messi who was born in Argentina had to take the hard yard to join a European club leaving his home at such a young age with a growth hormone deficiency and had to convince Barcelona board to sign him . Let's check how many foreign players were enrolled by La masia at that time . That's Messi's legacy . He had to adapt to the new culture , language , climate and everything at 15 and his club wasn't a super syan force in European football when he arrived . Figo just abandoned us and Gaspart was ruining Barca . Messi grew up watching us finishing 6th in the table . Our rise to the helm of European football was along with Messi's growth to the best player in the world unlike in England were Man united was a force to reckon with , managed by arguably greatest manager ever. Looks like staying with one club adjusting to change in managers , players , system is such an easy thing as per genius people like you . what's the different culture you are talking about ? England , Italy and spain is So much different from Argentina and Spain huh ? .

whole post is plane stupid ,hence i am highlighting the most stupid statement among that . Zlatan has played in 5-6 different league's , and should be rated as the best striker ever ahead of Romario , Van basten R9 , Henry , Batigol etc

Oh really he left home & went to a top club to train, like literally almost every other top footballer as.

Your arguement is too, let's just leave it at too for me to reply.

Not taking anything away from the goat, but to say he isn't is his comfort zone but Ronaldo as been it's just, let's just leave that a just too.

soul24rage

To me I see it as Messi, probably the best one-club player to ever exist and Ronaldo, one of the legends in each of the 2 (possibly 3) historic clubs ever. It is a big achievement in each of their respective fields and one shouldn't really downplay the other.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Good post this, agree with the premise. But let's be real and not misinterpret things about one thing - Messi IS in his comfort zone. It's not the fault of those pointing it out that others somehow think it's demeaning to his legacy.
And you also have guys like [MENTION=15846]Icarium[/MENTION] who go on about romanticising Messi and whatnot... Jesus. Where to even start? He wanted to leave the club numerous times and numerous contract renewal sagas don't really scream love and affection, do they?

Toni being Pichichi at 38 shouldn't really be demeaning either. Serie A extends careers as attested to by numerous players who went there. Why get all negative about it and create a narrative as if it's an "easier" option? Many players say you don't go there to have it easy. It is why Italians remain competitive as a nation despite usually having a very high average squad age.

Bollocks. I did not romanticize anything. Neither did I blame ronaldo for leaving. My whole point was it was a mutual respect from both parties. Where as real Madrid and Ronaldo have some tension and there were rumors about Perez and ronaldo not being on good terms. Which is true because he asked to leave and that is proof enough. Can you give me solid proof that messi asked to leave? He wanted a better contract, and he asked for it just like any other player. Nothing wrong in that and barca always gave him what he want. That is a sign of mutual adrimation I am talking about. Messi stayed with the club and that means a lot to me as a barca fan. So I adore him very much, romanticism? what fucking nonsense is this. Player not leaving his boyhood club? Let's spin it in a negative way. Smh.

I used to love your posts. The way you come across arrogant, condescending. Lost little respect for you. Calling someone deluded for stating facts while belittling me with baseless claims. I don't appreciate that smug attitude. If you want to have a conversation, be less condescending.

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

Oh really he left home & went to a top club to train, like literally almost every other top footballer as.

Your arguement is too, let's just leave it at too for me to reply.

Not taking anything away from the goat, but to say he isn't is his comfort zone but Ronaldo as been it's just, let's just leave that a just too.
Why don't you leave your home and join La masia , if it's a cake walk ? Why every tom dick and harry isn't enrolled there ? . Back in 2000's how many non spanish players were enrolled by La masia ? . Your arguments are as stupid and fake as Real madrid's treble win. Barcelona was in shambles when Messi was enrolled at La masia , they finished at 6th , used to get dominated and mauled by Rm in classico's till Ronaldinho was signed . Man united was managed by Saf , he spoonfed penaldo with everything a young footballer can aspire to have in their teenage . Add to that sporting Lisbon has one among top 5 academy's in the world . Never knew that moving from sporting to man united was such a story compared to 15 yeard old kid moving from Latin America to europe .

Ronaldo was in his comfort zone from his united days ,let alone managed by legends like Saf , Mou , Ancelotti and Zidane . Rijkard , Valverde , Luis Enrique and Tito don't have much in their Cv to boast of compared to Saf , Mou and Carlo before they managed Ronaldo . So fuck off with your ridiculous theory of leaving comfort zone from Rm to juve , were they won 7 back to back scudettos . Even Pep hasn't won a European trophy without Messi , Xavi and Iniesta .. So in hindsight Messi never played under a proven manager of Saf, Mou and Carlo's legacy , be it in Barcelona or Argentina . Talk about playing in comfort zone , bruh

Last edited:

Dado

Smart move by Ronaldo. He leaves RM as a winner with a record no one can match, and joins Juve who by default wins Serie A 90% of the time and is CL competitive.
A player in shape can play in Italy till his 40 years old.

League title is virtually guaranteed ? . Messi is the reason why we are domination the league for the past decade or so . Unlike in Italy were Juve will walk over the league even if they don't have Ronaldo . Man united were treble winners and the biggest brand in world football when Ferguson literally spoonfed penaldo with european culture and tactics for 3&4 seasons . Messi who was born in Argentina had to take the hard yard to join a European club leaving his home at such a young age with a growth hormone deficiency and had to convince Barcelona board to sign him . Let's check how many foreign players were enrolled by La masia at that time . That's Messi's legacy . He had to adapt to the new culture , language , climate and everything at 15 and his club wasn't a super syan force in European football when he arrived . Figo just abandoned us and Gaspart was ruining Barca . Messi grew up watching us finishing 6th in the table . Our rise to the helm of European football was along with Messi's growth to the best player in the world unlike in England were Man united was a force to reckon with , managed by arguably greatest manager ever. Looks like staying with one club adjusting to change in managers , players , system is such an easy thing as per genius people like you . what's the different culture you are talking about ? England , Italy and spain is So much different from Argentina and Spain huh ? .

whole post is plane stupid ,hence i am highlighting the most stupid statement among that . Zlatan has played in 5-6 different league's , and should be rated as the best striker ever ahead of Romario , Van basten R9 , Henry , Batigol etc

Yes Manu was strong under Ferguson but they become superior when Ronaldo startet to play. 2007 till 2009 Ronaldo was unstoppable in Manu thats why his team has been such power.

Why don't you leave your home and join La masia , if it's a cake walk ? Why every tom dick and harry isn't enrolled there ? . Back in 2000's how many non spanish players were enrolled by La masia ? . Your arguments are as stupid and fake as Real madrid's treble win. Barcelona was in shambles when Messi was enrolled at La masia , they finished at 6th , used to get dominated and mauled by Rm in classico's till Ronaldinho was signed . Man united was managed by Saf , he spoonfed penaldo with everything a young footballer can aspire to have in their teenage . Add to that sporting Lisbon has one among top 5 academy's in the world . Never knew that moving from sporting to man united was such a story compared to 15 yeard old kid moving from Latin America to europe .

Ronaldo was in his comfort zone from his united days ,let alone managed by legends like Saf , Mou , Ancelotti and Zidane . Rijkard , Valverde , Luis Enrique and Tito don't have much in their Cv to boast of compared to Saf , Mou and Carlo before they managed Ronaldo . So fuck off with your ridiculous theory of leaving comfort zone from Rm to juve , were they won 7 back to back scudettos . Even Pep hasn't won a European trophy without Messi , Xavi and Iniesta .. So in hindsight Messi never played under a proven manager of Saf, Mou and Carlo's legacy , be it in Barcelona or Argentina . Talk about playing in comfort zone , bruh

Both player had a hard way, no one of them has been in a comfort zone. We should respect both :barcascarf:

El Gato

Villarato!
Bollocks. I did not romanticize anything. Neither did I blame ronaldo for leaving. My whole point was it was a mutual respect from both parties. Where as real Madrid and Ronaldo have some tension and there were rumors about Perez and ronaldo not being on good terms. Which is true because he asked to leave and that is proof enough. Can you give me solid proof that messi asked to leave? He wanted a better contract, and he asked for it just like any other player. Nothing wrong in that and barca always gave him what he want. That is a sign of mutual adrimation I am talking about. Messi stayed with the club and that means a lot to me as a barca fan. So I adore him very much, romanticism? what fucking nonsense is this. Player not leaving his boyhood club? Let's spin it in a negative way. Smh.

I used to love your posts. The way you come across arrogant, condescending. Lost little respect for you. Calling someone deluded for stating facts while belittling me with baseless claims. I don't appreciate that smug attitude. If you want to have a conversation, be less condescending.

OK. Maybe I've wrongly misrepresented you personally, apologies if I did.. mostly because of the surrounding company of painful posts I was replying to. Let's see if I can clarify my position again.

The original post was:
It has nothing to do with comfort zone. He loves barca and barca respects him by giving him by giving him high salary. It is a mutual admiration and no tensions like Ronaldo case. Messi will retire at barca or move to some non European country at the end of his career.

.. and my position frankly is - it absolutely IS to do with his personal comfort. Another more blunt way of putting it is "Messi is too lazy to move", which I've seen posted too, which I partly agree with. Some players don't see the value in being successful elsewhere and there is undoubtedly point to winning trophies in different countries. I don't see how denying it is a worthy argument.

Now with Messi, he doesn't NEED to prove anything to anybody, but would anybody blame him if he wanted to? Like I said in the follow-up posts, it's totally cool to not be that careerist type who cares about how much he has done. If he has no desire to go to Italy, more power to him. That doesn't necessary equate to love for the club though does it?

Now, this "love" thing... I'm sure Messi loves his fans who have nothing but admiration for him, maybe sometimes a bit of healthy criticism. Does he love the INSTITUTION? I frankly doubt that and I think it's evident given the chequered dealings with the board who just dumped the load on his and Suarez-Neymar backs in most recent memory. The rising contract extensions are his intrinsic right, but are also a way to get back at them for it. I don't think there's any love or healthiness between him, Barto and Segura. In contrast with CR however, he naturally seems to feel he is valued enough now. But the lack of sporting project for nearly 5 years now must piss him off as much as anything else.
I also held the very same view for a while that he'll either stay at Barca or throw up a middle finger to Barto, take his ball and go back to Newell's. He's that type.

Home of Barca Fans