Cr150

NotInHere

Well the rivalry with Messi seems to be nearing its end, now with this move Cristiano seems a step closer to either retiring or going to the MLS.

makes me feel old

RMU ReBorn

Stop excusing your laziness with punctuation. Make an effort to learn the language properly like everyone else. You're not special.

As to the content, for one RVN and Robben were not Perez transfers and the former is the only one worthy of the Galactico label. Robben, Sneijder, Robinho, you name it, these guys were not Galacticos. Even Cannavaro was a washed up, desperate attempt to try covering up the ridiculous defensive holes RM was known for. Calderon era were the times of damage control and lack of European representation that the club thrives on. If it weren't for the looming desire of Ronaldo to go to Spain and make it at the club he fitted like a glove, then we would not regain that status at all and would not make our way back to the top of Europe.
If it wasn't for Mourinho who brough in Modric your club would still be rotting . Ronaldo would have scored his customary goal tally with no use if it wasn't for Luka . Secondly i don't give two fucks even if you make fun of my lack of knowledge in English . I am here because of my passion for football ,not because i graduated from Oxford university . I have experienced much worse things in social media

RMU ReBorn

Oh, I see what you did there.

Tbh I wouldn't be bothered unless you want to end up in a 10 page long argument with the guy.
Lol you think that i would be arguing over that . I was the one who fought with one guy here were i said xavi was the most important player in Pep's system . Just because Messi is my idol ,i don't need to glorify him everywhere . I love him for what he has done to my favorite club . At least i am not that Pep dickrider who has migrated to Man city ridiculing Lucho , valverde and anything that is not reminiscent to tiki taka

El Gato

Villarato!
If it wasn't for Mourinho who brough in Modric your club would still be rotting . Ronaldo would have scored his customary goal tally with no use if it wasn't for Luka . Secondly i don't give two fucks even if you make fun of my lack of knowledge in English . I am here because of my passion for football ,not because i graduated from Oxford university . I have experienced much worse things in social media

Again you’re making a leap to Modric for no apparent reason at all that has nothing to do with what we were discussing. Guess I should get used to people trying to link irrelevant things in sensationalist manner.

Making fun? Do you see me laughing? Laziness isn’t fun in the slightest. Grow up dude. It’s not like knowing how to communicate properly is some elitist idea.. No spaces before the full stops.

BBZ8800

What's the challenge to go to Juve? He's playing the best team in Serie A that has gone to two CL finals in a span for 4 seasons.

He's going to be making bank while racking up Scudettos.

Apart from taxes sage, at Juve, he will add some new things to his biography:
1. won leagues in 3 countries (Man Utd, RM, Juve)
2. won CLs with 2 clubs (Man Utd, RM). If he manages it with Juve, he will be the only guy (with Seedorf) in a history achieving this.
Also, if he wins a CL with Juve, people won't be able to say: he won it because RM has the best midfield.
Not that Juve has a poor midfield, but it would be a huge achievement.
3. the most important, I think that he will add some leagues to his trophycabinet.
I don't know how long he will stay there, but he will probably win 2 leagues in 2 years.

In 2 years, I can see him moving to Us Major league.

** Don't ask me why, I won't be surprised if he turns into Zlatan now and start to change clubs rapidly.
I won't be surprised if he leaves Juve for let's say Psg or some English team in 1-2 years and then MLS.

vlad

Also if he wins CL with juve, after so many failed attempts, he will be praised for bringing winning mentality, he doesnt even need to play CL final

In the end, great move for him, and cr7 fans will have one more argument why they think ronaldo is better then messi, messi cant leave barca... while ronaldo winning trophies in every club he come

Stoichkov1

Messi reportedly almost left Barca in 2012 or 2013.

I find it hilarious how people bitch about players changing clubs all the time(BUHUUUU WHERE ARE THE ONE CLUB MEN, I HATE THESE PLAYERS THAT MOVE AROUND LIKE PROSTITUTES FOR MONEY AND OTHER SHIT AND WON'T STAY LOYAL BUHUUUUUU) and here you have a one club man who will retire as the greatest player of all time in many people's eyes, and by far the greatest player in the history of Barcelona that no one will ever surpass.

Will probably end up with a statue outside Camp Nou and other shit named after him.

And some people still bitch about how he's not competitive, lazy or how he's in his comfort zone and should seek a new challenge lol.

Get the hell outta here. He doesn't need to prove shit to anyone or go anywhere.

CR just went to the club that have won 7 league titles in a row in a league where a washed up 38 year old Luca Toni ended as the joint top scorer three years ago.

That's your comfort zone. A league where older players tend to flourish more so than in other European leagues.

And the reason CR even left while saying multiple times he want to retire in Madrid is three things:

1. Not being paid as he want to be, because Real aren't delusional and know his level in the CL will drop off soon too and block other young outstanding players

2. His legal case

3. Getting annoyed because Real want Neymar/Hazard/Mbappe and having his ego hurt because they want to compete like they do now for a decade and not hinge onto a 33 year old, in other words, they are more than happy to let him go

He would have stayed in his "comfort zone" until he was ready to move to the MLS or retire too if Real Madrid weren't actually planning long-term and were more than willing to let him go.

Didn't go out to seek new challenges or conquer another league(2 league titles in 9 years is apparently conquering La Liga and Spain) and country out of his own, he was kinda pushed out as he perceives it himself.

Yeah that is the perfect move for Ronaldo's legacy.

He knows he isn't good enough/he has to rest to compete in a 38 matches competition so instead of being embarassed by Barca in the league he joins Juve who are capable of winning the scudetto with or without him. In 30 years no one will care that Juve have won the league 7 times in a row before he arrived, all what people will see is that he won in Spain, Italy and England.

El Gato

Villarato!
Messi reportedly almost left Barca in 2012 or 2013.

I find it hilarious how people bitch about players changing clubs all the time(BUHUUUU WHERE ARE THE ONE CLUB MEN, I HATE THESE PLAYERS THAT MOVE AROUND LIKE PROSTITUTES FOR MONEY AND OTHER SHIT AND WON'T STAY LOYAL BUHUUUUUU) and here you have a one club man who will retire as the greatest player of all time in many people's eyes, and by far the greatest player in the history of Barcelona that no one will ever surpass.

Will probably end up with a statue outside Camp Nou and other shit named after him.

And some people still bitch about how he's not competitive, lazy or how he's in his comfort zone and should seek a new challenge lol.

Get the hell outta here. He doesn't need to prove shit to anyone or go anywhere.

CR just went to the club that have won 7 league titles in a row in a league where a washed up 38 year old Luca Toni ended as the joint top scorer three years ago.

That's your comfort zone. A league where older players tend to flourish more so than in other European leagues.

And the reason CR even left while saying multiple times he want to retire in Madrid is three things:

1. Not being paid as he want to be, because Real aren't delusional and know his level in the CL will drop off soon too and block other young outstanding players

2. His legal case

3. Getting annoyed because Real want Neymar/Hazard/Mbappe and having his ego hurt because they want to compete like they do now for a decade and not hinge onto a 33 year old, in other words, they are more than happy to let him go

He would have stayed in his "comfort zone" until he was ready to move to the MLS or retire too if Real Madrid weren't actually planning long-term and were more than willing to let him go.

Didn't go out to seek new challenges or conquer another league(2 league titles in 9 years is apparently conquering La Liga and Spain) and country out of his own, he was kinda pushed out as he perceives it himself.

Good post this, agree with the premise. But let's be real and not misinterpret things about one thing - Messi IS in his comfort zone. It's not the fault of those pointing it out that others somehow think it's demeaning to his legacy.
And you also have guys like [MENTION=15846]Icarium[/MENTION] who go on about romanticising Messi and whatnot... Jesus. Where to even start? He wanted to leave the club numerous times and numerous contract renewal sagas don't really scream love and affection, do they?

Toni being Pichichi at 38 shouldn't really be demeaning either. Serie A extends careers as attested to by numerous players who went there. Why get all negative about it and create a narrative as if it's an "easier" option? Many players say you don't go there to have it easy. It is why Italians remain competitive as a nation despite usually having a very high average squad age.

Last edited:

Ronaldo was their best Player in the last years in CL and the main reason for 4 wins in 5 years. Modric was their second best Player, both together were unstoppable.

Lol you think that i would be arguing over that . I was the one who fought with one guy here were i said xavi was the most important player in Pep's system . Just because Messi is my idol ,i don't need to glorify him everywhere . I love him for what he has done to my favorite club . At least i am not that Pep dickrider who has migrated to Man city ridiculing Lucho , valverde and anything that is not reminiscent to tiki taka

I think Messi was more important than Xavi in Peps System. :barcascarf:

ManusXavi

So many goals, He was fast.
He did his job.
A great role model for keeping fit, healthy and motivated. Kind of like your goodie good in the school classroom.

It's stupid all the 5 ballon'd'or
He simply did his job, like Busquets does his job or Casillas was good at his job.

His consistency should not be put in the same category when rating players at their prime. Ronaldo becomes very ordinary compared to other wingers and strikers. . . .except 1 category does place his name among the best for me. Off the ball movement. His was as good as I have ever seen for a player of his role.
He would have thrived at Barca. Xavi and Iniesta feeding through balls for a running Ronaldo is :rockon: :trampoline:

Edit: and yes I do think Barca would have been able to control his ego and make him motivated for doing his role, looking for the chances to make runs

Last edited:

Stoichkov1

Good post this, agree with the premise. But let's be real and not misinterpret things about one thing - Messi IS in his comfort zone. It's not the fault of those pointing it out that others somehow think it's demeaning to his legacy.
And you also have guys like [MENTION=15846]Icarium[/MENTION] who go on about romanticising Messi and whatnot... Jesus. Where to even start? He left the club numerous times and numerous contract renewal sagas don't really scream love and affection, do they?

Toni being Pichichi at 38 shouldn't really be demeaning either. Serie A extends careers as attested to by numerous players who went there. Why get all negative about it and create a narrative as if it's an "easier" option? Many players say you don't go there to have it easy. It is why Italians remain competitive as a nation despite usually having a very high average squad age.

When did he leave the club?

About the contract renewals he wants to be paid and he is greedy like all South American players. He has every right to ask for more money, it's the club's fault if they decide to bend over.

Home of Barca Fans