Cr150

FCBfan22

I hope Zidane takes over the French national team after WC and leaves his black magic in international football, if that happens we'll be fine for years.

MTL_Barca

Could be wirth it for Juventus even if he declines after 1-2 years. For them thats really big marketing wise. As of now Ronaldo is still considered to be one of the two best players in the world, probably gonna win balon d'or next year again if he starts good with Juve so right now not many people will see it as a mistake but more as one of the biggest transfers ever.

Idk if it'll really be worth it for them, also depends on how much Fiat is involved and thus how it'll limit Juve this and the following years (if they have to sell Dybala it would be stupid for example), but if the financial aspect isn't a big problem then it not the worst move. I mean how else is a club like Juve gonna get so much attention? Even a CL win wouldn't come close to signing the current "best player" (balon d'or winner). For us this wouldn't really bring that much because we are already on top of the food chain and have Messi but for Juve thats a big step.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Cules don’t celebrate just yet, this might be the prelude of a brand new chapter for both Real Madrid and Ronaldo and something greater.

I’d rather he stayed just to stall their transitioning process and the integration of younger players.

Real Madrid probably has close to 400m to spend after selling Ronaldo. The world watch out.

There aren't that many players that could strengthen RM, 2 players they probably want are in PSG and Nasser won't let them go, so that's good. Kane, Hazard, Salah maybe, but it would be hard to get them as well from those rich EPL clubs, you saw how it was Coutinho transfer. I am not that worried, it'll be really hard to compensate those Ronaldo goals with new additions.

Donatello

Plus when Messi retires...

In the future, La liga will hardly be as famous in the last 10-15 years.

Calma Calma...People here are absolutely crazy.

Neymar left because of greed, not because of less competition, less opportunities or because of La Liga hindering his popularity.

Ronaldo is 34 yo ffs. Any sensible club would be stupid enough to turn down 120m euros + getting rid of the highest wages.

They have around 400M to splash. Just wait for :papaperez: to turn god mode and kickstart the Galactico policy again.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Come on man , they still have Marcelo , Kroos , Modric etc. And Im sure Real will buy the proper replacements upfront and still be favourites for the CL in the upcoming season.

No doubt they have a good squad, but Ronaldo is their star player. Until they replace him they will not be as good as last year. Plus Zidane also had a positive impact on the squad. If they replace him with Hazard then it is back to square 1 for us.

El Gato

Villarato!
Not a fan of him leaving without explaining the motives why though. Seems the club have bailed under the pressure of parting with him on bad terms. Not very good for overall business.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
No doubt they have a good squad, but Ronaldo is their star player. Until they replace him they will not be as good as last year. Plus Zidane also had a positive impact on the squad. If they replace him with Hazard then it is back to square 1 for us.

He was their star player , I agree with that. But his impact last CL got overstated and they still won it , he was brilliant against Juve and somewhat decent against PSG and thats it. Real are still favourites for me , question is how Lopetegui will perform.

serghei

Well, Ronaldo is 33. But he can play until 37 easily considering he is a hard worker, has a top mentality and is incredibly fit. So it can be a 4 year investment for Juventus. Not bad.

BarçaBarça

All things equal, I'm glad he is gone - he contributed to the mediadriven rivalry with Messi, where you couldn't mention one without the other.
Now it will be easier for others, maybe even madrid-fans to appreciate Messi in La Liga.

Unless they get Kane I can't see them upholding their status quo with regards to goalscoring. A bigger role for Isco and Asensio might be the way forward as well as signing Hazard.
That way the goals can be spread out a bit. If they land Kane it could be possible to reach the same goalscoring level in the league during some periods, but CL is more doubtful.

Richard.H

Wow it actually happened?? Are you kidding me??

Not sure how I feel as a Barca fan. On one hand, the clasicos were always exciting since it was essentially a battle between him and Messi. On a the other hand, I'm glad he won't be the big goalscoring threat in the CL

serghei

Not a fan of him leaving without explaining the motives why though. Seems the club have bailed under the pressure of parting with him on bad terms. Not very good for overall business.

As if it would be the first time. It's part of the tradition of Madrid. Cutthroat club.

Home of Barca Fans