Cr150

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I fully get this cr7 vs Messi in the CL debate and I even agree with some of the points in favour of Ronaldo.But some of you are starting to make shit up. "Portugal got to the EURO final thanks to him ?". That is the biggest bullshit I have ever read. Did they get to the final because of his trash performance against Austria and Iceland or his disappearance act against Poland and Croatia ? Heck if the FIFA organization didn't go full retard , Portugal would have been out the Euro's in the groups that consisted of Iceland , Hungary and Austria. :lol:

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I fully get this cr7 vs Messi in the CL debate and I even agree with some of the points in favour of Ronaldo.But some of you are starting to make shit up. "Portugal got to the EURO final thanks to him ?". That is the biggest bullshit I have ever read. Did they get to the final because of his trash performance against Austria and Iceland or his disappearance act against Poland and Croatia ? Heck if the FIFA organization didn't go full retard , Portugal would have been out the Euro's in the groups that consisted of Iceland , Hungary and Austria. :lol:

He ensured them the playoffs though didn’t he? Without his brace and an assist against Hungary in the third group stage game Portugal wouldn’t have advanced. Saved them in the semis as well. No doubt such players as Quaresma and Sanches also played an important role though. And Eder of course. A bigger legend that CR if you ask me. Portugal doomed their chances this summer by not taking him.

Morten

Ronaldo had a couple of bad performances in the Euro run, but Messi didnt exactly set the world alight in the WC knockouts either(creds for the group stage goals though). So its kinda unfair to say that Messi brought Argentina to the final by himself, while Ronaldo didnt play his part in the Euros.
Argentina had a solid defence, and some luck in penalty shootouts, much like Portugal in Euro.

Alik

Him getting injured was just unfortunate. No way to know how he would have performed otherwise. Could have disappeared, could have scored a hat trick for all we know. It’s not like he played and sucked, so it’s unfair to disregard his EURO win. Portugal got there thanks to him after all.

Not disregarding his EURO win. I'm disregarding people saying him getting injured in the final makes him a better player than Messi with the NT. Because that's the only thing that he has over him.

And if Portugal got to there thanks to him, Argentina got to 4 (including a WC) thanks to Messi.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
He ensured them the playoffs though didn’t he? Without his brace and an assist against Hungary in the third group stage game Portugal wouldn’t have advanced. Saved them in the semis as well. No doubt such players as Quaresma and Sanches also played an important role though. And Eder of course. A bigger legend that CR if you ask me. Portugal doomed their chances this summer by not taking him.

I can agree with this. He was part of the EURO win but in no way shape or form was he the sole reason they won the EURO or got to the final. And as I said If this was your normal EURO tournament and not ' everyone gets to play in the knockout phase'. They would have exited the EURO's pretty early and everyone would be remembering that pen miss against austria and garbage performance against Iceland.

Ronaldo had a couple of bad performances in the Euro run, but Messi didnt exactly set the world alight in the WC knockouts either(creds for the group stage goals though). So its kinda unfair to say that Messi brought Argentina to the final by himself, while Ronaldo didnt play his part in the Euros.
Argentina had a solid defence, and some luck in penalty shootouts, much like Portugal in Euro.

I'm with you on this, Messi's knockout phase performances in the WC weren't that great for his standards. (He was decent againt Switzerland though) But I hope you agree with me on this when I say that Messi literally dragged Argentina to 2 Copa Finals and even performed really well on both of them.

Instead we get this Chokejob missing 1v1 after 1v1 While Eder scores a banger in the final :lol:

Last edited:

likeafire

Leads 6-5 in ballon dor and as a huge Messi fan I say he deserves it. He is mentally tougher and his passion and drive is something to be admired.

I can totally see him doing some arrogant speech aimed at Messi during the presentation though

dakt

How can people look at this performance and say he's the GOAT it's beyond me. Failed passes and dribbling all over the place. If there's no penaldo or header he's dead.
I can't understand for fuck sake what do people see in him bar goal scoring.

El Flaco

[tw]1011326558022365184[/tw]

Cristiano is the first Portuguese player ever to not score a penalty goal in a World Cup

Home of Barca Fans