Cr150

Much2soon

Its come to the point now, the sole reason I don't like him is that he rivals Messi and he may arguably better. For as great as Messi is, his footballing skill leap on Ronaldo is much lower than the intangible leap Ronaldo has on him.

In a matter of three years, he's basically countered most of the criticisms that were aimed at him, such as only caring about scoring, doesn't show up in big matches, not being the best teammate. Some of the criticisms that are hear now are basically people grasping at straws.

Ronaldo lives for the big moments because he knows that everyone's watching and if he comes up big, he'll be on the headlines. For most, it's pure cuntish behaviour but for him that motivation works. Just check the smirk he had on his face from the start of the anthems, he knew all eyes were on him and he needed to put in a brilliant performance, which he did. It would not surprise me to see him falter in the Iran and Morocco matches.

Morten

Ronaldo has become a good big-game player over the years, no question.
Still, he didnt have the best of games against Bayern or Liverpool, but the rest of the team + luck saw us through.
Everybody has bad games, Ronaldo included, but today was simply his day.

Hope he stays, as long as we rest him when need i reckon he can do his job for a couple more season at the highest level.

ronniecro

seems to me like i'm the only one who didn't jumped on ronaldo hype train,apart from being great goalscorer,ronaldo really does turns everything,even opposition fans,in his favour

BBZ8800

Messi has a better goal/game ratio in finals though... and has been in more finals........

Something died in Messi after World cup final defeat and Copa America final defeat.
Young Messi and Pep's Messi was a guy who would shine in every single knockout match.
Messi from the last 5-6 years usually plays awesome in 1 big match and then he is invisible, walks and sulks in the next 2 matches.
Those were not finals, but remember last few key matches: Atletico 2014, Atletico 2016, Psg away 2017, Juve 2017, Roma 2017.

Do you think that a current Cr7 could have that many key matches in a row without a penaldo, tap in goal, a header in a 94th minute and similar?

Cr7 always had a better motivation than Messi.
But something died/changed in Messi in the last 5 years.

Hard to tell what:
1. Nt defeats in finals with Argentina?
2. Mysterious disease from a few years ago?
3. Family, marriage, children?
= or every point played some role in it

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that a player shouldn't have children, but Messi is surely not the same guy in terms of motivation as that guy from 5+ years ago who was scoring hattricks against Rm, Arsenal and similar in every big match.

Scored hattrick against Courtois, Oblak, Neuer, De Gea...is there any world class keeper who doesnt concede 3 three goals in a match against Cristiano ? :lol:

Something died in Messi after World cup final defeat and Copa America final defeat.
Young Messi and Pep's Messi was a guy who would shine in every single knockout match.
Messi from the last 5-6 years usually plays awesome in 1 big match and then he is invisible, walks and sulks in the next 2 matches.
Those were not finals, but remember last few key matches: Atletico 2014, Atletico 2016, Psg away 2017, Juve 2017, Roma 2017.

Do you think that a current Cr7 could have that many key matches in a row without a penaldo, tap in goal, a header in a 94th minute and similar?

Cr7 always had a better motivation than Messi.
But something died/changed in Messi in the last 5 years.

Hard to tell what:
1. Nt defeats in finals with Argentina?
2. Mysterious disease from a few years ago?
3. Family, marriage, children?
= or every point played some role in it

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that a player shouldn't have children, but Messi is surely not the same guy in terms of motivation as that guy from 5+ years ago who was scoring hattricks against Rm, Arsenal and similar in every big match.

Maybe its because of no resting. I think he has a low stamina compared to other football players and so when he plays 90 minutes against leganes, Deportivo, Girona, Eibar, getafe etc. how should he fit against the big teams. I think Ronaldo has a very good stamina, still knows when he needs a rest to be at 100% in a big match.

MessiTBE

Banned
Shut up Ronaldo fans. Ronaldo against Iceland, shocking awful horrible. So even you should see how hard it is to play against this kind of system.

Home of Barca Fans