Cr150

BarçaBarça

What an absolutely magnificent goal, the second one :worthy:

He really knows when to turn up and settle the most important matches - his level of dedication is insane!
Real was right to extend his contract and keep him a few years back..

Devils

He will absolutely kill you inside of the box. Deadly player all around, but 8/10 times when he receives the ball inside of the box, he will hit you with the lethal finish.

As soon as I saw that Juve line-up I was thinking how a 36 year old Barzagli and a paper thin midfield was going to be able to track his movement and restrict him from getting chances in the box.

Not a chance. Juve got torn to shreds.

El Gato

Villarato!
Look at this shit, even Lord Bendtner would have scored a hattrick against a defence like that.
Why cant teams defend like that against us?

You can take that screenshot and capture any given moment prior to a Messi run and it would look the same. This is a team who haven't lost in the CL at home since 2013 and and who are one of the most difficult sides to play against in Europe.

Happens a lot when facing great players.

Samart Yeager

Upon scoring the second, Ronaldo was given a standing ovation by the entire Allianz Stadium.
“It was an incredible moment,” he went on. “I want to thank all the Juventus fans as they have done something fantastic that has never happened to me during my career. "
https://tinyurl.com/y7nvjzfz

It was that much more surprising because they were booing him hard just a few minutes earlier when he had missed that shot right behind Benz.
Now let's picture if he had done this in Istanbul and rushed to the Vodafone corner to troll the Besiktas fans lol

who knows, it is possible they'd have been momentarily stunned by the Puskas quality of the b-kick and given him the love. Then again, would he have gone to that corner in the first place...

SeloBarca

You can take that screenshot and capture any given moment prior to a Messi run and it would look the same. This is a team who haven't lost in the CL at home since 2013 and and who are one of the most difficult sides to play against in Europe.

Happens a lot when facing great players.

You are free to find it

Samart Yeager

One is a midfielder and the other is a forward but if you want to compare them it's quite obvious Ronaldo is miles better than Xavi and surely the 2nd best of this generation.

Honestly, it would be akin to comparing an orchestra's conductor with its first violin. I guess it comes down to a matter of personal preference.

I realize I'm posting this just a day after one of Ronaldo's top career performances and I certainly don't mean to take any credit away from him but to me it's clear as day, while both brilliant, Xavi wins it for me. His reading of the game to flawless perfection, his complete mastering of timing, pace and space, the way he constantly outwitted opponent's and harmonized creative play sequences... pure materialization of brain over brawn. Just astonishing.

Depending on what criteria, metrics and weights you'd privilege, either could come up on top. It's an interesting comparison but ultimately, limited by their different positions...

BarçaBarça

I think it also shows the strength of La Liga.. I’ve seen bottom half tables give Madrid better games than Juve and Paris did.. and that’s when Madrid we’re still in with a chance earlier on in the season.

Great point, that nobody in the media will make..

IMG_20180406_022042.jpg

This is the greatest striker of all time.

But without the PR team that sponsors Bleacher Report and BBC sport who post 20 posts everytime he scores a goal and without fanboys on twitter who has the ability to remove all the goals and assists hence concluding Bayern and Germany wouldn't have been European and World champions without the contribution of Gerd Muller, therefore claiming, Muller is the undisputed greatest of all time and Pele and Cruijff doesn't even come close.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
ronaldo has been far more decisive in the CL than messi for a few years now. if we agree that the CL is tougher and of higher quality than the WC, this counts for a lot. the CL knockouts weigh very heavily and i fear messi will just continue to fade in this respect...

Vilarrubi

ronaldo has been far more decisive in the CL than messi for a few years now. if we agree that the CL is tougher and of higher quality than the WC, this counts for a lot. the CL knockouts weigh very heavily and i fear messi will just continue to fade in this respect...

When Real Betis and others give Madrid a better game than Paris and Juve we have to seriously doubt the quality of the Champions League... especially the strength of leagues like Ligue 1 where there is no competition for Paris and even Bayern, the best team Real has faced in the last couple of years which again has no competition in its own league.

Home of Barca Fans