Cr150

RMU ReBorn

If penaldo was playing in conmebols his goal scoring tally would have taken a beating . Even teams like Venezeula, Peru , Bolivia are freaking competitive at their home and has managed to stop Argentina with and without Messi .

look at the teams Penaldo face so often - Luxumberg, Andora , Faroah islands , Armenia , Latvia , San Marino , Israel . I have lost count on number of shit teams he faces each year in qualifiers . Except Netherlands he doesn't have a competitive goal against a European giant . what a fraud

vlad

calling ronaldo a fraud... while he has more goals in strongest competition then messi, 3CL in 4 years, defended CL title, but somehow his stats against weak national teams are only what matters

RMU ReBorn

calling ronaldo a fraud... while he has more goals in strongest competition then messi, 3CL in 4 years, defended CL title, but somehow his stats against weak national teams are only what matters

I was talking about his international career . You didn't get it .

RMU ReBorn

What is wrong with his international career? It's not like other top scorers have only scored against top teams...
He is being compared with Messi who plays in a different and tougher region altogether . People who don't follow international matches will get fooled by the PR gimmickry of 'Ronaldo gives his everything for Portugal but Messi doesn't love Argentina'

What is wrong with his international career? It's not like other top scorers have only scored against top teams...

Estimate the player based on contribution. Most of his best performances come when Real Madrid outplays the opponent either momentarily or for longer time. And it's the same for his international career. That's why his goal records are scarce against good international teams. Because Portugal is not able to outplay the teams even for some minutes. When Real Madrid struggled in Champions League before 2014, his goal scoring was also less than Messi. The problem with Messi is that Messi can be stopped from scoring goal by defensive blocks but Ronaldo or Real Madrid can be lethal in set pieces. But that's the only thing Ronaldo is superior to Messi in terms of football. Ronaldo is considered overrated because of his much higher dependency on the performance of the team than the likes of Messi and Maradona. But when you have a team that is lacking only in goals and excellent in build up plays Ronaldo is more efficient than Messi because of his proficiency in air.

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

He is being compared with Messi who plays in a different and tougher region altogether . People who don't follow international matches will get fooled by the PR gimmickry of 'Ronaldo gives his everything for Portugal but Messi doesn't love Argentina'

Dont really know anyone that would think that. Both have been outstanding players for their national teams and all time record goal-scorers. Messi doesnt love Argentina? The fck? Anyone with half a brain can see how much his country means to him lol. Ronaldos goals against Andorra and others have nothing to do with that. Its just peoples obsession that no way both can be great players, one has to be better. Fck that shit.

LeeRomeno

Estimate the player based on contribution. Most of his best performances come when Real Madrid outplays the opponent either momentarily or for longer time. And it's the same for his international career. That's why his goal records are scarce against good international teams. Because Portugal is not able to outplay the teams even for some minutes. When Real Madrid struggled in Champions League before 2014, his goal scoring was also less than Messi. The problem with Messi is that Messi can be stopped from scoring goal by defensive blocks but Ronaldo or Real Madrid can be lethal in set pieces. But that's the only thing Ronaldo is superior to Messi in terms of football. Ronaldo is considered overrated because of his much higher dependency on the performance of the team than the likes of Messi and Maradona. But when you have a team that is lacking only in goals and excellent in build up plays Ronaldo is more efficient than Messi because of his proficiency in air.

All that long comment is irrelevant, It is not Ronaldos problem that his national team has to play the weaklings and that there are no weaklings in Southern America. You cannot blame the guy for giving his best, he is obsessed with winning and his career stats show that.

I think you misunderstood my statement. My statement is that Ronaldo's performance very often is in sync with Team's ability to outplay the opponent. He cannot stand out when his teammates play poorly. But the likes of Messi, Hazard can. I'm not blaming Ronaldo. I'm saying, his goals give an illusion of him being greater than he is. Messi and Hazard needs specific tactical plans to be stopped. But for Ronaldo, as long as you prevent the 6 other forwards from creating clear cut chances, his contribution is negligible 9/10 times. But saying that, I also want to mention that, Messi and Hazard cannot be a much threat from set pieces while Ronaldo can.

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

I think you misunderstood my statement. My statement is that Ronaldo's performance very often is in sync with Team's ability to outplay the opponent. He cannot stand out when his teammates play poorly. But the likes of Messi, Hazard can. I'm not blaming Ronaldo. I'm saying, his goals give an illusion of him being greater than he is. Messi and Hazard needs specific tactical plans to be stopped. But for Ronaldo, as long as you prevent the 6 other forwards from creating clear cut chances, his contribution is negligible 9/10 times. But saying that, I also want to mention that, Messi and Hazard cannot be a much threat from set pieces while Ronaldo can.

Slippery road you are stepping on, one can easily say that the reason the team plays bad is because Ronaldo plays bad:)

henias

Messi and Ronaldo are two completely different types of players. Ronaldo is obviously a more lethal striker, but would need to depend heavily on his team to create for him, but the risk is that if the team isnt in its best form, to put it crudely he can be completely useless. Ronaldo didnt even register a shot against Netherlands and struggle to complete a pass. If u can't contribute in the teamplay, then u simply cant blame the team for not doing all the dirty work for you.

Many people think Ronaldo is more "hardworking" for their team just because he scores and shows more "passion" and "expressiveness", is bullshit. His conversion rate is atrocious as well, especially during the Euros, 40 over shots just to churn out 3 goals, even Bale was more effective than him and carried his entire team.

Argentina is on a whole new level, they dont have anyone who can create on a consistent level or anyone who can finish or pose a threat in the box, arguably Aguero is the only decent one but still he hasnt done enough. Higuain, Icardi are complete clowns.

For me, Messi has done a fuck lot for the team, but this team just fail to have any end products. They need to settle for one asap, if not they are going to have serious trouble in the World Cup. I'll still go for Aguero.

Home of Barca Fans