Cr150

Ritchie

It does if he gets sole credit for the team performances. I lost count of The amount of times I have heard that Ronaldo single handed won them those cl’s.

And single handedly won the Euros don't forget.

Dragged a mediocre team to the trophy like Maradona.

Givenchy

if Ronaldo makes it 6-5 in Ballon d'ors with another CL he will be hailed as the GOAT by most people (stupid people obviously, but most) I'm already seeing 'hes the CL GOAT' and given his record, if you just looked at the stats you'd have to agree.

i hate how football in europe has become so stat obsessed, it doesn't show the true beauty of the beautiful game.. just look at Busquets for example, you ask most PL fans and their first response is 'hes a fucking peekaboo diver' totally disregarding hes the best DM in the world and some of his skills and touches are pure genius. same way Iniesta gets downplayed because he didn't score enough goals, I've seen people actually suggest Lampard is better ffs

Talent wise its no debate but trophies/career? Messi will need a world cup to shut the doubters up once and for all. if Portugal manage to fluke a world cup.. I quit football :lol:

ronniecro

if ronaldo makes it 6-5 in bdors while messi is in his peak than leo's legacy will be tarnished,i have no doubt about it

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't agree that if Ronaldo gets 6 vs Messi's 5 he will be seen by most people as the so-called GOAT, not at all. Today, with the equal number of bds most people I have seen online, including most Real Madrid fans consider Messi a better player than Ronaldo. 1 more shiny toy does not change or sway people's opinion drastically.

The only thing that might happen is decades from now when people grow up without seeing Messi and Ronaldo play might automatically assume Ronaldo a better player because he has 6 while Messi has 5.

Morten

I don't agree that if Ronaldo gets 6 vs Messi's 5 he will be seen by most people as the so-called GOAT, not at all. Today, with the equal number of bds most people I have seen online, including most Real Madrid fans consider Messi a better player than Ronaldo. 1 more shiny toy does not change or sway people's opinion drastically.

The only thing that might happen is decades from now when people grow up without seeing Messi and Ronaldo play might automatically assume Ronaldo a better player because he has 6 while Messi has 5.

As long as he keeps delivering the goods in the CL, im totally fine with him not being the player Messi is.
Ronaldo is Ronaldo, and thats good enough for me.

KingLeo10

:lol::lol: why are people worried what happens 50 years from now. the people then will idolize the best player of that generation. the same way messi fans (including myself) scoff at whatever pele, puskas, di stefano and others achieved 50 years ago.

ebc_99

Balon D'ors don't matter, is Matthew McConaughey considered a better actor than Peter O Toole because he has more oscars? Of course not. Messi is better, all you have to do is watch both play the game, its pretty obvious. Most football fans know Messi is better, much better.

raskolnikov

Balon D'ors don't matter, is Matthew McConaughey considered a better actor than Peter O Toole because he has more oscars? Of course not. Messi is better, all you have to do is watch both play the game, its pretty obvious. Most football fans know Messi is better, much better.
Ronaldo’s pr team made it about stats and ballon d’ors. Now it has become a measuring tool for greatness. Make a random poll on a forum and I bet people vot cr above the likes of Cruyff or Ronaldo when it comes to greatness while he is a clear tier below it for those that watch football.
People feel obligated to put him top 5 because of the ballon d’ors.

Before 2008 it was a “oh I won, cool” kind of trophy without buz a d you hear who won afterwards. Now there is hype troughout the season and players saying its their dream to win a ballon d’ or.

Givenchy

Yup hes doing it again. cant really fault him, hes 33 and theres no way hes competing with Messi talent wise. his shit start to the season is already being forgotten. to people who know football, the Ballon d'or is a mere popularity contest these days but if he does make it 6-5, hes had the better career

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yup hes doing it again. cant really fault him, hes 33 and theres no way hes competing with Messi talent wise. his shit start to the season is already being forgotten. to people who know football, the Ballon d'or is a mere popularity contest these days but if he does make it 6-5, hes had the better career

He actually did already establish it wherein he would end up having a better career - Leo just can't get the stupid Argentina NT to win anything anymore and CR7 doing it with the minnows Portugal gives him a great undeserving advantage.

Also, the fact that Spain, read Xavi and Iniesta, dominated football just around the time Barca dominated also helps CR7 get another undeserving advantage over Leo. Yes, CR7 did have a phenomenal supporting cast who played for his achievements but none of them command the same respect as Xaviesta thereby giving CR7 that extra boost!

He actually did already establish it wherein he would end up having a better career - Leo just can't get the stupid Argentina NT to win anything anymore and CR7 doing it with the minnows Portugal gives him a great undeserving advantage.

Also, the fact that Spain, read Xavi and Iniesta, dominated football just around the time Barca dominated also helps CR7 get another undeserving advantage over Leo. Yes, CR7 did have a phenomenal supporting cast who played for his achievements but none of them command the same respect as Xaviesta thereby giving CR7 that extra boost!

keep trolling bro

Home of Barca Fans