Cr150

Faceless

No more faces at night
I swear if RM wins the 13th and this joker wins another B’Dor.. I will lose all faith in football.
People and pundits will have short term memory remembering how shit he was in first half of the season.
So either we stop them.
Or Bayern officially uncuck themselves for once.
Or Pep City stops them.

Stoichkov1

Haha 17 in 32 against probably best team in world across that time is not abysmal certainly not compared to 21 in 30.

It's absymal compared to his record against other teams, not absymal itself.

He has more goals than games against teams like Bayern, Juve and PSG while only 0.5 goals per game against us.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Barcelona is the only team you can be confident about beating them, other teams are capable bt lack the experience and mental edge Barcelona have, also Barcelona have messi...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Greatest player ever - Scores shitload of goals, keeps himself fresh for the CL, motivates his team when they are not performing well, wins so much more when he's wearing the captain badge!

booge

It's the way Madrid play. Like Sir alex, they just fill the box and keep crossing.
It's a easy way of playing the game.

It's the numbers game.Defend well , get it down the wing, put it in the box, when benzema misses, ronaldo will pounce,When Ronaldo misses, benzema or bale will pounce, Also tell Macelo to raid the box. More the merrier.

Midfield isolated, no problem. When team breaks against you,kick them in the balls. When Ramos is suspended no problem, someone else do the kicking.

Morten

It's the way Madrid play. Like Sir alex, they just fill the box and keep crossing.
It's a easy way of playing the game.

It's the numbers game.Defend well , get it down the wing, put it in the box, when benzema misses, ronaldo will pounce,When Ronaldo misses, benzema or bale will pounce, Also tell Macelo to raid the box. More the merrier.

Midfield isolated, no problem. When team breaks against you,kick them in the balls. When Ramos is suspended no problem, someone else do the kicking.

But he always do, though.

BruceWayne11

Tbh, you're only the best team when you win BOTH the league and the CL. Many times when Real won it, they didn't win La Liga. Therefore, I don't consider them to be the best that year. CL is a cup competition, so luck plays a much bigger part than in the league. I think Barca won the league every time they also won the CL.
Imo, the CL has become too important in the Ballon D'or for example. In 2016, Messi was, on an individual level, clearly superior to Ronaldo. Cristiano won the CL and Euro though (any other year Portugal would be out after placing 3rd in the group stage), so that sealed the Ballon D'or for him. Both Messi and Ronaldo made it to the final of respectively the Copa and Euro, but due to the fact that Ronaldo didn't play more than a minute, the final cannot be counted in a comparison between them.

BruceWayne11

Talent in dribbling : yes.
Talent in football : a big NO

I just seen his CL stats, that is not normal anymore. Football is about goalscoring and in this regard Ronaldo is not human

Goals determine games, yes. However, the best player is not only determined by the level of his success collectively, or indeed, the goals he scored. Evaluating a football player is quite hard, due to the fact that it's difficult to agree on what should be the highest value. Imo, the most important attributes for determining the best (attacking) player ever, is the level of his dribbling, technique, passing, shooting and finishing. You can, of course, split it into more subcategories, and be more specific.
Also, things like mental strength, clutch moments, success, longevity etc also should be a part of the evaluation. The problem of the last 2 years in regards to Ronaldo, is that he doesn't posess the quality of his younger self in terms of dribbling, passing and technique. He gets a lot of chances on a silver platter, in part due to his teammates, but also because of his positioning and finishing ability. If you were to compare his qualities in the best ever category, nowadays he would come very short. His dribbling, technique and passing isn't even world class today, let alone all time.
What you have left though, is a highly dangerous goal scorer, particularly in the last CLs. As we know, CL has become incredibly important for Ballon D'ors. I would argue it has an inflated value. You only play a couple of games in the CL (or Euro/Copa/WC), and somehow that is more important than a whole league campaign. I think Ronaldo has realized this, so he gives 110% in these high-profile games, as he can't do it the entire season anymore. A goal or two, and he will get the headlines and decide the matches. It's quite bizarre seeing such a limited player getting the Ballon d'Ors. If people judged him based on his performances (forget about the name), they would compare him to someone like Kane, not Messi.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

How many goals does he have in the knockout stages? Hes putting up numbers that not even messi can dream of. He wont ever be considered as good as Messi in 20 years time bit he has a claim to be the better goalscorer.

Home of Barca Fans