Neymar Jr. - v5

Jair Ventura

He's already recognized as a player, but he's put himself in a situation where either a CL title or a WC title will put him in the cover magazines Worldwide for individual awards.

This argument isn’t sourced in reality because Zlatan exist and already proved this to be fantasy.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Let him move to Real Madrid then. How does it concern us?

You don't think him at real madrid will make their attacking line more of a menace than the declining BBC?

You can be mad at him for leaving but to me there is no denying he is still one of the best players in the world and he will make real madrid better.

Jair Ventura

Which individual awards did Zlatan win lol? Zlatan also talked a lot of shit and is generally interesting to listen to.

You find the say win, you said be put on the cover. I took that to mean he wouldn’t be globally recognized for his play, no matter how good.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You find the say win, you said be put on the cover. I took that to mean he wouldn’t be globally recognized for his play, no matter how good.

On the cover with an individual trophy in his hand. I already said Neymar was recognized as a footballer.

KingLeo10

let's not forget much of Neymar's recognition came from being part of a star studded Barca team. He was considered more of a diver than a top footballer based on his time at Santos.

Jair Ventura

On the cover with an individual trophy in his hand. I already said Neymar was recognized as a footballer.

Then your argument would be true whether he were playing in France or Spain. No matter the club, he’d have to do something extraordinary to win the award over Messi.

Jair Ventura

let's not forget much of Neymar's recognition came from being part of a star studded Barca team. He was considered more of a diver than a top footballer based on his time at Santos.

Then why’d Barca break so many rules and spend so much money to bring him over? Had nothing to do with what he’d won with Santos, eh?

JamDav1982

That is not true.

He was considered the top young player in the world, chased by every top club and in top ten of balon dor while at Santos.

Some folk who thought he was a haircut with tricks were just wrong.

KingLeo10

Then why’d Barca break so many rules and spend so much money to bring him over? Had nothing to do with what he’d won with Santos, he?

clearly it wasn't a wise decision from Barca's part. He doesn't produce the results to justify the baggage that comes with him.

KingLeo10

That is not true.

He was considered the top young player in the world, chased by every top club and in top ten of balon dor while at Santos.

Some folk who thought he was a haircut with tricks were just wrong.

I'm just talking about general fan perception, not evaluation from clubs like Bayern and Real which I know tried to sign him. Even the start of his thread here had many with a "meh" perception.

His 2014 WC and 2015 treble with Barca played a large role in people seeing him as a legitimate ballon d'or contender.

JamDav1982

clearly it wasn't a wise decision from Barca's part. He doesn't produce the results to justify the baggage that comes with him.

Of course it was a wise decision he was fantastic for Barcelona and one of top players in the world who for all the financial issues actually made the club a big profit in the end.

Home of Barca Fans