Neymar Jr. - v5

Ritchie

This is probably the last world cup for most of the current players, because the one in Quatar isnt a real world cup, its invalid by default.

Messi and Ronaldo would make it to Qatar if they wanted (Messi will be needed just for Argentina to qualify) but yeah whoever wins that it'll be a bit of a hollow victory as it's such a tainted tournament and won't feel like a World Cup. That's also why this is Neymar's real chance to put his name in folklore. He's not going to do that at PSG and he knew at Barca he'd always be in Messi's shadow.

He should have gone to the Premier League. Look at the recognition Salah's getting. 50 goals in France wouldn't do that.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

the Neymar bashing died down recently tbh

i heard Tuchel is getting a 2 year contract, i guess PSG will go for Pep next?

He's been injured. As the last couple of pages show, it'll pick back up once he returns to the pitch. But, PSG gives all of its managers short term contracts. Blanc was originally on two years but was extended to three, and Emery was two with a third year option. I think two years with an optional third is best for everyone.

As for Pep? Great as he is, I don't want him at PSG. This is unlikely, but I would prefer a manager that will stay long term and truly help the club build an identity. Pep moves around too much for me.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tuchel turned down Bayern because he would have absolutely no control there and because they took forever and didn't really show they trusted him. I suspect he's promised a more prominent role at PSG, being able to choose or at least be among the decision makers on signings and other issues.

Being a German and backed by Heynckes, Pep and a couple of former Bayern players, Tuchel to Bayern would have been the natural move for him.

Neeraj

Are you suggesting he'd be working for free at Bayern?

No. I'm suggesting he'd be getting paid a lot more, if at all the Bayern offer was real.

Anyway, I don't think it's a big deal for coaches to go to a one team league like France. He isn't a player that needs to play against the big boys and prove himself. He is guaranteed a league title and a war chest of basically unlimited depth to craft the squad he wants. Worst case, you fail in CL as PSG are wont to do, and you leave, much richer than earlier.

Home of Barca Fans