Neymar Jr. - v5

Morten

Not sure if PSG really are weakened if he is out.
If he is trying to do it all by himself again, they might perform better as a team without him. I think Marcelo will be out for this game, which is arguably a bigger loss.

FinBarcelonafan

If he is trying to do it all by himself again, they might perform better as a team without him. I think Marcelo will be out for this game, which is arguably a bigger loss.

Marcelo is shit defenseman. Real doesn't need to win, if they hold them to 1-0 they qualify. Marcelo is Reals worst defenseman. He would be targeted at Parc de princess. Defensively Marcelo is a donkey.

Less risky for Real to play without him.

Offensively Marcelo is great and world class, though.

Last edited:

Joan

Neymar is rumored to miss PSG's game with Real Madrid (March 6th) after breaking his fifth metatarsal . If thats the case he would have missed a game around March 11th (his sister's birthday) for 4 straight years

14/15: Suspended

15/16: Suspended

16/17: Injury

17/18: Injury

It's March 11th? :worthy:

That's my birthday too :lol:

jairzinho

The best thing is for him to do the surgery.

Of course that means he's out longer but the World Cup is the bigger picture for him and Brasil.

behindbrowneyes

The best thing is for him to do the surgery.

Of course that means he's out longer but the World Cup is the bigger picture for him and Brasil.

Indeed surgery is the best solution . Ligue1 is already won and in CL they don't stand a chance. Only way to win the B'Dor this year is by winning the World Cup. Brazil definitely is one of the contenders for the win. However, European teams usually do very well when the competition is played in Europe. Germany has a very strong squad. France is next in line and you never know with Spain. Then you always have 1 or 2 teams which surprise everyone.

henias

Definitely they will lose abit talent there but hey, take a good look at Barca after he left. Do you think we play better with him? If sacrificing a bit of talent for the players to play better as a team, why not? They won't have to watch a self-absorbed egoistic diva falling on every acre of the pitch and would allow themselves to be more useful. They have Di Maria and Draxler so I don't think it's too bad. They just need to transition and get the ball to Cavani and Mbappe.

Generally, this is somewhat Neymar's playstyle now that he is in PSG. He will try to look like the centre of the team, and do everything by himself. Never change.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

Definitely they will lose abit talent there but hey, take a good look at Barca after he left. Do you think we play better with him? If sacrificing a bit of talent for the players to play better as a team, why not?

That's the point and everybody agrees that Barça looks more balanced without Neymar.

What all underestimate is the factor on the bench though. No one knows how Neymar would fit in Valverde's tactics. We've only seen it at the US tour and Neymar was fire there, linked-up very well with Messi and the performance of the team was very promising. I'm sure with Valverde as coach Neymar would've have way more liabilities than he has at PSG under Emery. Would've been very interesting to see Neymar under Valverde, but in the end I'm very happy with how things changed since he is gone.

xXKonan

According to UOL, Ney and his entourage want to have the surgery but PSG doesn't want him to get the surgery as they feel it's not necessary.

Home of Barca Fans