Neymar Jr. - v5

Givenchy

they will just get fined, worst case scenario a 1 year transfer bann. i hate Madrid with a passion but i'd stand with them to put pressure on Q$G. its not about being bitter around Neymar, what they did this summer is disgusting.

1993Kaan1993

they will just get fined, worst case scenario a 1 year transfer bann. i hate Madrid with a passion but i'd stand with them to put pressure on Q$G. its not about being bitter around Neymar, what they did this summer is disgusting.

PSG did less to Barca than what Barca did to Liverpool and Dortmund for Coutinho and Dembele. Do you find that disgusting as well? if you don't, we can talk about your hypocrisy. Can't we?

Qatar supports PSG. like Spanish gov. and banks supported Real. M.City has same kind of support as well. Everybody does. Qatar supported Barcelona and helped Barca to make Barca bigger. what do you say about it?

Marketing and Communication, Manel Arroyo

“Qatar Airways has helped us to make Barça bigger in recent years. The success that has accompanied the Club has partly been their work. It is a pleasure to be able to work together for another season and we hope to continue along the same lines of mutual growth”.

JamDav1982

PSG did less to Barca than what Barca did to Liverpool and Dortmund for Coutinho and Dembele. Do you find that disgusting as well? if you don't, we can talk about your hypocrisy. Can't we?

Qatar supports PSG. like Spanish gov. and banks supported Real. M.City has same kind of support as well. Everybody does. Qatar supported Barcelona and helped Barca to make Barca bigger. what do you say about it?

Think he was referring to spending money they clearly dont have.

No one has the type of support and backing PSG have had this summer and under these FFP rules.

Getting a sponsor deal is nothing even remotely similar to what they have done this summer which will ruin football in end if allowed to continue.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I am sorry, but your first post that I replied to says something different than your current reply. If you thought initially that rest of money is gonna be paid for other non-sport like Espai-Barca. that sound to me that you didn't think they intend to spend the whole money,unlike what you claim now.
That was my whole argument about and I made it very clear than this isn't defending the board, but it is about the board being in deep fuckin crisis and they will have to over spend to save their asses. If you thought that they will intend to spend big then you didn't explain yourself very well and there is no disagreement here

I didn't say they were unwilling to spend more than 60-70% of the Neymar fee, just that it would end up not happening due to their shit plan and incompetence and that they'd be content with what they've done. And, AFAIK, they are content. Otherwise, they would've dropped Coutinho and done SOMETHING instead of sitting on Coutinho and blowing smoke on all these shitty side targets that they wouldn't have gotten. If they were really that desperate, something would've happened by now. It didn't. It will (likely) be spent on Espai Barca, not necessarily because that was their plan all along but because that's how things have gone down given their initial plan and it seems they're content with things as is.

My prediction was about the end result: Paulinho, Dembele (thought it'd be Dybala), and failing on Coutinho just as they would've failed on Verratti. Doesn't matter that they "tried" to get Coutinho cause they were doing the same useless bullshit to "try" and get Verrratti until August 31st and neither case was ever gonna succeed.

The point I made back then anyway was that we really should NOT hope Neymar was sold because it's unrealistic to expect him to be replaced properly. A good chunk of the forum was going on about how it was an alright deal for us to lose Neymar because we'd get 222M on top of our supposedly 80-100M existing transfer budget; people were literally expecting we'd spend something like 300M to radically renovate the team after the Neymar sale and build a very balanced team with multiple world class transfers to replace Ney. I said this wouldn't happen and, unless something happens in the next 30 mins, it will not happen. Instead they just persisted with the same bullshit they were doing earlier this summer + a Neymar replacement (Dembele), as expected.

So I guess in the end there really is no disagreement. You were saying they'd try to save their own asses, I was saying they're too stupid to actually do that and that they wouldn't execute it. No disagreements that they're that stupid, which was ultimately the deciding factor. I was making my prediction based on their pattern of behavior and they've proven to be consistent with that unfortunately.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
No hard feelings for fucking us over Neymar..... Understand why the stars of the team partied with you even after you fucked us over! Anybody would have done the same with the board in place!!

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Come on. That's not why he left

The money and the star status would only lure him but would be able to do jack shit if the board was actually guiding the club in a competent manner. Have a strong mid field and defense in place and a good manager who won't leave the tactics in shambles, the team with the likes of Leo Messi and Neymar would be a contender for CL continuously, not get eliminated in quarters!

No amount of money would have brought him away in that scenario! But no we have Bartemou!!

Andrew M

The money and the star status would only lure him but would be able to do jack shit if the board was actually guiding the club in a competent manner. Have a strong mid field and defense in place and a good manager who won't leave the tactics in shambles, the team with the likes of Leo Messi and Neymar would be a contender for CL continuously, not get eliminated in quarters!

No amount of money would have brought him away in that scenario! But no we have Bartemou!!

He didn't leave because he feels we didn't have a competitive team, if that's what you're saying. They doubled his salary

El Flaco

DIpz16TXcAA_3XI.jpg

[tw]903720842034589696[/tw]

The Club is surprised by this approach given that it has constantly kept the UEFA Financial Fair Play teams informed about the financial impact of all players’ operations carried out this summer, even though it wasn’t obliged to do so. The Club is very confident in its ability to demonstrate that it will fully comply with Financial Fair Play rules for the fiscal year 2017/2018.

The Club reaffirms that it has always operated in total transparency with the European football bodies, with which it has developed trusted relationships over the last six years, demonstrating its upmost respect for the Institution.

In this respect, Deputy CEO Jean-Claude Blanc met with UEFA experts including Andrea Traverso, responsible for UEFA Financial Fair Play, for more than three hours on August 23 at Paris Saint-Germain’s headquarters, where he demonstrated that the operations carried out with FC Barcelona and in progress at that time with AS Monaco followed the rules of Financial Fair Play for the financial year 2017/2018.

On 31st August, the Club’s general management again had exchanges with UEFA Financial Fair Play management to provide a more detailed account of how the transaction with AS Monaco would be integrated into the Club’s accounts for this season, in terms of amortization and payroll, in compliance with French accounting standards and IFRS.

Furthermore, as for the summer of 2017, the Club has already completed outgoing player transactions that helped improve Club results by more than 104 million euros for the 2017/2018 season.

The Club also reminds, if necessary, that it has under contract many high valued players allowing the Club to generate very significant capital gains in the next two transfer windows (January and June) of 2018.

With the arrival of these two top players joining a high-quality team, the Club is entering a new phase in its project to build a top-tier club and a world leading sports franchise. The Club has demonstrated in recent years that it has the ability to grow its income exponentially and anticipates an additional 20 to 40% increase on all revenue streams available to the Club (International Revenue, Sponsorships, Merchandising, Ticketing, TV rights, income related to sports results, summer and winter tours…).

In the interests of dialogue and transparency, the Club will continue its exchanges with UEFA in the coming days and will respond, as it always has done, to each of the questions raised by the European body.

dakt

$350 million in salary and bonus before-tax spread over 5 years. That's why he left.
:neymar:

I'm pretty sure it was decision made by his heart. That sum of money is pure coincidence. He was always dreaming to play for PSG and Barca was his ticket to European stage.

Andrew M

I'm pretty sure it was decision made by his heart. That sum of money is pure coincidence. He was always dreaming to play for PSG and Barca was his ticket to European stage.

Are you taking the piss? Dreaming to play for PSG and Barca was his stepping stone?

1993Kaan1993

if you still believe he left for money, :lol:

he now has a team who can win Champions league and golden ball, if he had stayed, Barca wouldn't even signed Dembele.

Andrew M

if you still believe he left for money, :lol:

he now has a team who can win Champions league and golden ball, if he had stayed, Barca wouldn't even signed Dembele.

Of course we wouldn't have signed Dembele. The reason Dembele rejected us in 2016 was because he knew he wouldn't play much. If PSG were only willing to match his Barca salary he would have stayed.

Home of Barca Fans