Neymar Jr. - v5

michelco

"The player Neymar Jr, accompanied by his father and agent, has informed FC Barcelona this morning of his decision to leave the Club in a meeting held at the Club’s offices.
Faced with this position, the Club has informed them they refer to the buy-out clause of his existing contract which as of 1 July totals 222 million euros which will have to be deposited in its entirety.
Furthermore, in reply to the claim for the contract extension bonus, the Club has once again made it clear that the amount remains deposited with a notary until the case is resolved."

From the official statement. I'm a bit puzzled on the sentence about the contract extension bonus, 'remains deposited'. Deposited to Neymar sr's account? Or do they mean that the money remains in Barca's account and it's a case of bad translation?

Julien

Why are we fucked? 220mil is more then enough to go shopping.
Because they are stealing one of our best players?

How comes it ended up like that?

Yeah I said last night I'm past the denial stage but still I don't understand how the feck PSG managed to steal Neymar from us?

I'm so angry at the club. Sorry :(

springfield

"The player Neymar Jr, accompanied by his father and agent, has informed FC Barcelona this morning of his decision to leave the Club in a meeting held at the Club’s offices.
Faced with this position, the Club has informed them they refer to the buy-out clause of his existing contract which as of 1 July totals 222 million euros which will have to be deposited in its entirety.
Furthermore, in reply to the claim for the contract extension bonus, the Club has once again made it clear that the amount remains deposited with a notary until the case is resolved."

From the official statement. I'm a bit puzzled on the sentence about the contract extension bonus, 'remains deposited'. Deposited to Neymar sr's account? Or do they mean that the money remains in Barca's account and it's a case of bad translation?

It's pretty clear because it says deposited with a notary. So the money is at a notary account.

JPM85

Means Barcelona paid the money to a notary, who is a neutral entity. Depending on the outcome of an agreement the money will be transfered. This way Neymar jr./sr. cannot put any hold on Barca's accounts as we have put this money to a neutral entity.

ryuken

Yeah I said last night I'm past the denial stage but still I don't understand how the feck PSG managed to steal Neymar from us?

They just offer him much more money so he follow where his heart leads him, which is to France to party with the Brazilians there

Zuti

One of our best players, yeah, but not the best, and they are not stealing him, he wants to leave,would you rather force keep a player in Barca? Do you want us to be that kind of club? I don't.

fergus90

Tebas wants it blocked because he can't stand the thought of us having £200 million to spend. We aren't fucked, we have Messi, Suarez, Pique,Busquets etc, yes they're ageing but so are the bulk of PSG's players too. We won many titles without him. Since the day he's joined there's been nothing but speculation and scandals and I for one can't wait to move forward. PSG can have all the money in the world yet their project hasn't exactly progressed much. They had this squad now but with Ibra instead of Neymar, his scoring stats were insane yet in Europe they still flopped.
They'll gain Neymar fans and shirt sales will increase but one thing they can't buy is the prestige and history of playing for Barcelona. The french league won't actually benefit from this as the other remaining teams will be left behind especially since Monaco's team has been gutted since last years success.
I'm not denying Neymar can be brilliant, but he can also be so frustrating and wasteful. In his 4 years here we reached past the quarters once. The board are too worried about marketable stars when it's on the pitch that counts the most.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
[tw]892672205112389637[/tw]
Confirmed by UEFA themselves. Tebas can't block PSG.

What a fecking mess...

:(

But I think the clause will have to be deposited with LFP and Tebas is shady guy as well, he can make up some legal stuff and drag this.

michelco

It's pretty clear because it says deposited with a notary. So the money is at a notary account.

Oh my bad, I did not understand the word notary lol, now I've googled it. So the funds are now with the notary, but will it be paid to the neymars regardless? 'until the case is resolved', hopefully there are some clauses to this 'loyalty bonus'

Julien

Bartomeu refused to pay it. He argues that to earn the total of 26M he would have had to stay at least 4 more years.

But Neymar Sr will go to court apparently according to Brazilian TV last night, because he argues there's nothing like that in the contract, just that "on July 31, he has the right to earn 26M".

Senior is planning to humiliate Barca till the very end, for christ sake.

Julien

But I think the clause will have to be deposited with LFP and Tebas is shady guy as well, he can make up some legal stuff and drag this.
PSG will go all out with lawyer, and UEFA on their side, what do we have to gain from this?

Neymar will be gone by August 31, and WE NEED TO BUY new players.

You don't want to wish for Tebas to cockblock the payment for X days, because we also need to replace neymar.

kilian

What is still beyond me is how the fuck can you smile and crack jokes with your friends (if he ever saw them as friends), celebrate goals like crazy and at the same time plan to stab them in the back. Really weird behaviour.

Home of Barca Fans