Neymar Jr. - v5

Jombi

But the good players leave Ligue 1 to move on to Bundes and La Liga. Clearly they want better competition

And more money. Richer clubs signing from poorer clubs. You dont see Lyon starters moving to Mainz in Bundesliga. Plenty of good players in Ligue 1 though!

Zuti

I don't understand how so many people rationalize calling Ligue 1 a shit league when France produces so many good players. Being bad and being poor are not the same thing.

The Netherlands produced a lot of good players over the years, same with other European countries, yet no one takes their league in the same sentence as LaLiga, EPL, Bundesliga and Serie A, French league is just not on the same level as those four, especially Ll and EPL.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I didn't imply anything, I wrote what I meant. You'll waste another year of Messi because Neymar wont do shit. Quite the contrary, he'll work against if necessary. You already lost one year with him, without him and without replacements will be even worse. Remember that you got destroyed by PSG and Juve back to back road games in the CL, if not for Neymar you'd be out earlier. You need a stronger midfield, Xavi is long gone and Inesta is declining, you lost a playmaker from the right wing in Alves and haven't replaced him (one thing Neymars disliked a lot), now you're about to lose a playmaker from the left wing and your board is rejecting 222m + Di maria at the end of July just to make them pay more taxes.

You need midfielders badly and you are after a box-to-box on. And no, don't put paulinho on Neymar. He's prolly the only brazilian player that doesn't stay attached to other brazilian players. Neymar Sr created an entourage for him and when he leaves his friends he likes to party with Brazilian TV Stars or Hollywood stars. It's your management that likes and want Paulinho. Yes, this may hurt you but it's true. Lima is the only one he wanted in Barcelona but that's because his father manages him and in fact Lima would be an upgrade for Barcelona and costing almost nothing. It's not because he's Neymar's friend.

This Board is watching the second best team of all time go and ain't replacing anyone. The next one may be forced to do a complete revamp and lose more of Messi's productive years.

Of course PSG wants to negotiate but if not, they'll play the chicken game with Barça, if they don't chicken they pay the clause + the taxes and you'll have a lot of money but no time to sign anyone great...

What are we gaining by negotiating with P$G? In the end we will get our 222m, right? Di Maria is useless, so what is your point?

vlad

this guy is a biggest robbery that happened to barcelona, about reputation of the club what he, his father and barto and rossel did, is impossible to describe for me

edit: im not even angry, just feeling of disappointment about what club like barca goes through and about decisions of barca socios, on top of that barca´s main rival is writing a history

Last edited:

Serbian

Great!!! Phuck off Neymar!!!! I never was a fan of his all that talent bad work ethic not to mention 75% the ball was intercepted or dispossessed when Ney touches the ball he clogged up our attacking chances many times, let's try to get Verratti in exchange + 140 mil or pay full price and lets get a proper winger that doesn't stall out attacks and wastes time. I hope he is gone srs it will be blessing in disguise, cause Messi Suarez connection is all we need those 2 are our most important players

Devils

I don't understand how so many people rationalize calling Ligue 1 a shit league when France produces so many good players. Being bad and being poor are not the same thing.

*so many good players who end up leaving for the top European leagues when provided with the opportunity

France might be a great place for talent to develop, but it's nowhere near other leagues in competitive prestige.

El Flaco

Man, I really miss Puyol having in this team...

He would have never tolerated Neymar fucking around with the club.

And unfortunately, I think it speaks a lot that Iniesta (despite being fantastic player) should not be a captain for us because of his weak leadership.

To be honest, Iniesta should be criticized for Neymar-Semedo incident. As a captain, he must show some cojoines and step in when conflicts occurs.

Instead, he did absolutely nothing.

Jombi

*so many good players who end up leaving for the top European leagues when provided with the opportunity

France might be a great place for talent to develop, but it's nowhere near other leagues in competitive prestige.

Is the French league nowhere near Serie A?

Jair Ventura

But the good players leave Ligue 1 to move on to Bundes and La Liga. Clearly they want better competition

That doesn't make the league bad though, just means it cant retain its best players. But, things appear to be changing and adding Neymar will accelerate the leagues development. The factor of Nasser owning the fastest growing cable network in the world in beinsports should not be underestimated. When he and Ligue 1 go to the table for broadcasting rights in a year or two I suspect they'll agree to a deal that elevates the leagues broadcasting revenues to levels competitive with Serie A & the Bundesliga.

Home of Barca Fans