Neymar Jr. - v5

behindbrowneyes

I've seen Dembele more on the right than the left btw.

There aren't really good LW options on the market though. From what I've seen of Dembélé by now is that he is double-footed and appears nearly everywhere in Dortmund. He is still young enough to convert him into a LW. With Messi playing behind Suárez we already abandoned more or less the right flank. With Neymar leaving we can abandon the left flank and "rejuvenate" the right flank with Dembélé.

behindbrowneyes

Buuuum....market has gone wild. In this bubble I should be worth at least ~50k....and I don't require much. In fact me and Douglas could become best buddies.

It is not the market. They just don't want to sell so they ask for a price no one sharp-witted would pay. It's the same with us putting a 222M release clause in Neymar's contract. They didn't expect that someone would consider to activate it.

MessiNeymar

There aren't really good LW options on the market though. From what I've seen of Dembélé by now is that he is double-footed and appears nearly everywhere in Dortmund. He is still young enough to convert him into a LW. With Messi playing behind Suárez we already abandoned more or less the right flank. With Neymar leaving we can abandon the left flank and "rejuvenate" the right flank with Dembélé.

What I like about him is how much of a drive to go forward he has and how easily he can beat defenders at times, he just glides past them easily. His finishing is not to bad either but one of his downsides is that his decision making has been bad at times and he has messed up easy passes because of that but he is young and could learn with experience,Especialy next to Messi

jairzinho

with the amount of rumours flying around why the hell did we play him in our preseason games? If a player won't commit to us I dont understand why we'd start him and make the whole tour about him..

no need to downplay his talent, hes a great player. I think he'll find it tough to win a Ballon d'or while Messi/Ronaldo are playing whether he stays or goes and by the time hes 28 or so, Mbappe and Dembele will be challenging him possibly in a better league aswell. if he wins the World cup thats a whole different story. he chose money over prestige that much is obvious but I think he'll regret it.

I get the feeling that despite his pending transfer, he's used our pre season as some sort of personal self promotion campaign. The pre-season has been all about him and the sooner he leaves the better for us. I'm still and will always be a fan of him on the pitch. He represents Jogo Bonito, how a true canarinho should play. Off the field however, he and mostly his father's dealings is a different matter. Personally I would not even play him on Saturday. No more distractions. Time to get on with the business of the new season.

Devils

Reus unfortunately is probably the most injury prone player on this planet.

Which is a shame because I would have loved to have him and he's a massive Barca fan.

jairzinho

This other crap about Neymar wanting to come out from Messi's shadow and be the MAN on his own team, is the biggest BS ever peddled on the internet. Personally, its just an excuse by fanboys to hide the fact that Neyboy and NeySenior are really after the money, which they're fully entitled to. If it were possible should Rivaldo have switched nationality becuase he wanted to be the man instead of R9?. It's not about stepping out from Messi's shadow or whatever nonsense. It's about the money. Give me a break.

Steve Lawler

I am genuinely puzzled as to why we aren't going for dembele..weve seemed to piss the kid off by not showing interest and now madrid want to buy and loan him back.. losing out on both mbappe and dembele to madrid would be a catastrophe but this level of stupidity by our board is not uncommon..

Zincubus

Banned
This other crap about Neymar wanting to come out from Messi's shadow and be the MAN on his own team, is the biggest BS ever peddled on the internet. Personally, its just an excuse by fanboys to hide the fact that Neyboy and NeySenior are really after the money, which they're fully entitled to. If it were possible should Rivaldo have switched nationality becuase he wanted to be the man instead of R9?. It's not about stepping out from Messi's shadow or whatever nonsense. It's about the money. Give me a break.

I'd laugh if Neymar goes to PSG and they buy Alexis Sanchez plus re-sign Ibra and they both outperform Neymar :)

Total-Football

If i was in charge i would extract as much players as possible from PSG. seriously, they have a hell of a squad. Take neymar, give us Aurier, Draxler, Veratti. That's basically it. That is wishful thinking of course, we already took our yearly half-measure by signing Semedo. At this rate, by the next couple of years we will have amassed a dozen RBs :All good, none good enough.

Zincubus

Banned
If i was in charge i would extract as much players as possible from PSG. seriously, they have a hell of a squad. Take neymar, give us Aurier, Draxler, Veratti. That's basically it. That is wishful thinking of course, we already took our yearly half-measure by signing Semedo. At this rate, by the next couple of years we will have amassed a dozen RBs :All good, none good enough.

Mmm Veratti and Draxler would work great for us , he can play up front / left side apparently and Neymar will take his place anyways from what I've read ..

xXKonan

Literally how is Semedo a half measure? it's only been two preseason games man. :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans