Neymar Jr. - v5

serghei

I'd agree . It's a shame as I had high hopes for him over the next ten years but maybe it's best , we can get some seriously talented replacements for 220 million added to the existing war chest of cash and sales .

Totally. We have a stature as a club. We can't allow players to take advantage of this club and it's history. I'd rather build a team around players who care about Barcelona more. Neymar has everything. He is popular, he gets paid a lot of money, he is recognized as one of the best players in the world, only after the greatest player ever and one of the greatests of all time. He has fame, money, recognition, and is part of a great team. If he's not happy with that, to obtain all that in a great team, who plays on a great stadium, with great fans in the best league in the world, he can fuck off.

You don't get to enjoy being a Barca player and get paid as if you play for the arab oil clubs instead.

BBZ8800

I still don't believe and it sounds to good to be true, but one can hope:
Barcelona forward Neymar has now told Paris Saint-Germain he wants to move to the Parc des Princes and agreed terms on a contract, a source close to the French club has told ESPN FC.

His decision means PSG can now push forward with their plans to trigger the Brazil international's €222 million buyout clause.

The source said Neymar and his father, who has been in discussions with PSG's ambitious Qatari owners and sporting director Antero Henrique for the past few days, have agreed to a massive contract at least four years in length.

If the 25-year-old ends up in Paris, he will be earning approximately €30m a year after taxes and will also be handed an astronomic signing on fee in excess of his net annual sum.

On top of those earnings and significant bonuses, the source indicated Neymar and his father will also profit from a number of club owners Oryx Qatar Sports Investments' other commercial ventures in Paris and away from the world of football.

According to French newspaper Le Parisien, Barca's No. 11 -- who is currently in the United States with Ernesto Valverde's men for preseason -- has already told some of his current teammates that he is leaving for PSG.

The ESPN FC source indicated that the biggest remaining question is no longer whether or not Neymar is willing to swap Camp Nou for Parc des Princes but how the capital outfit finance what would be a world-record fee.

PSG's transfer budget at the start of the summer was €220m, all within the framework of UEFA's financial fair play (FFP) rules.

However, after the signings of Dani Alves and Yuri Berchiche, the French club's ability to finance Neymar's proposed salary has been questioned.

Although the sale of Jean-Kevin Augustin effectively cancelled out the signatures of Alves and Berchiche in terms of transfer fees -- €13m spent and then recouped -- players including Serge Aurier, Hatem Ben Arfa, Grzegorz Krychowiak need to be moved on to create sufficient space on the wage bill.

According to the source, a number of methods to complete the Neymar deal are being considered, with almost all of them concerning third parties -- notably player and club sponsors Nike. The club know that when they make their move, they must meet the player's release clause.

If successful, though, PSG's summer business would not end there. Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez remains a target, while the defence could be boosted by Estudiantes' Juan Foyth, and Henrique is still very keen on luring Monaco's Fabinho to Paris to restructure the midfield.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3162417/barcelona-star-neymar-agrees-terms-with-paris-saint-germain-source

springfield

Ofcourse, Barcelona is a big club with a huge history. They are very popular over the world. The clásico is one of the most watched football games. They don't need neymar for marketing. PSG in the other hand can get a huge boost with someone like neymar but they will never come close to clubs like Barcelona, Madrid, Manchester United etc. At least not in the next 10 years. And with this insane price they want to pay, Barcelona can for sure get replacements to make sure that the sportive side isn't affected by his departure. If all of this seems to be true then psg is just showing how desperate they are. They try to convince players just with money, not with what they are as a club. Look at alves, it was also just about money while city is also a rich club but they don't just pay whatever it takes.

Still it's funny how people on here believe the departure rumours but when someone else talks about a rumour that says he isn't leaving then that rumour is bullshit.

Last edited:

Pedro

La Masia
I think 222M is cheap for Neymar these days, he's worth more than that. When CR7 went for 80M to Real, everyone a few years later was saying it was cheap.

raki

I think 222M is cheap for Neymar these days, he's worth more than that. When CR7 went for 80M to Real, everyone a few years later was saying it was cheap.

Its the release clause. It´s pointless to discuss that.

I´ ve seen reports that his father has received 90M euros divided in 2 payments...I just hope its false. I hate the player and his father more and more each day. LEECHES!!!

raki

He isn't leaving, and he has already told the players and staff about it. The only reason he isn't denying it openly because who doesn't like getting linked with a transfer rumour more than twice the record transfer fees.

Wait for some time, everyone will soon realize this.

That´s BS. He wants to squeeze more money from Barça. Fuck him. He´s 10% of Messi. He´s a leech.

raki

He should get the fuck out anyway. Barcelona is not his and his father's circus show. Fuck Neymar, and fuck his dad too. Sell him for 222m and sign other great players. We'll be fine without him. It's not like we're losing peak Ronaldinho either.

Agree a 1000%. He´s toying with the club. Who the hell does he think he is? The Messiah? Maradona,Messi and Pélé combined?
He´s on the verge of being just like Romário and Ronaldinho: shred his career. Let him go to his fucking parties.

Get 3 WC players and he will not be missed.

Home of Barca Fans