Neymar Jr. - v5

Narto

I appreciated his dribbling in the second half, since the midfield had no offensive presence. At least once in a while it leads to a chance.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Considering our midfield, I think both him and Messi did quite well. Much better than their amigo up there who looked like he would play another game missing all the great chances they create for him.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
You jinxed it! I only watched the 2nd and boy was he atrocious. Back to his old solo stuff and horrible passing.

Oh I know better haha, posted that after the game ended.

Was kinda getting excited to post something great in this thread for once, so close !

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Considering our midfield, I think both him and Messi did quite well. Much better than their amigo up there who looked like he would play another game missing all the great chances they create for him.

That amigo was the key man for all three goals :mascherano:

Made sure Diego Alves couldn't save the first goal, scored the second and won the penalty for the third

Narto

The hell are you on about? You handpicked 4 specific plays from a whole match to make him look good?

As I said in my previous post, his defensive work is appreciated and probably the only thing positive he did consistently and he deserves recognition for that, but the rest are just isolated flashes... How can a shot that led to a rebound post be a redeeming quality in a game? Even more when it was Alves' mistake in the clearance... And what build up? He just starts trying to dribble parallel to the end line looking for Messi...

I don't really care if he makes fancy passes if they don't account to nothing, because he just doesn't do anything good in attack in a consistent manner, trying to pass forward just for the sake of it really isn't an ability, I would rather he attempted less passes and make sure the ones he attempts have actually a chance to be completed...

You would rather pass it around in a midfield with no creativity and horrible control, until they lose the ball in a more dangerous position than Neymar would? At least Neymar occasionally creates some chances, if Suarez and Rakitic didn't miss sitters, the match would've been over way sooner.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
That amigo was the key man for all three goals :mascherano:

Made sure Diego Alves couldn't save the first goal, scored the second and won the penalty for the third

And if he could score those sitters, the game would be over long before that. No doubt he had an important role in the comeback, but the question is if there would be any need for a comeback if he did what we need him to do the most. Score goals, and more than anything, easy goals.

Vlom

[MENTION=20286]El Flaco[/MENTION] please fix the number mate, it's 11 not 9.

Also waiting for gifs from that vintage dribble of his in first half, can't remember the minute though :/

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
You would rather pass it around in a midfield with no creativity and horrible control, until they lose the ball in a more dangerous position than Neymar would? At least Neymar occasionally creates some chances, if Suarez and Rakitic didn't miss sitters, the match would've been over way sooner.

Why does it have to be "until they lose the ball in a more dangerous position than Neymar would"? I know the midfield is crap right now, they also have to step up big time, but this is about Neymar, so my point still stands, every pass he attempts these days is a prayer to the skies that is comes through and that is simply not good enough...

El Flaco

[MENTION=20286]El Flaco[/MENTION] please fix the number mate, it's 11 not 9.

Thanks!

Don't know who did that, but I fixed it now anyway...

Also waiting for gifs from that vintage dribble of his in first half, can't remember the minute though :/

It'll take some while, I just started to download a torrent of this game.

But I'll try to find the sequence you're talking about.

Narto

Why does it have to be "until they lose the ball in a more dangerous position than Neymar would"? I know the midfield is crap right now, they also have to step up big time, but this is about Neymar, so my point still stands, every pass he attempts these days is a prayer to the skies that is comes through and that is simply not good enough...

Normally I agree, but this match I found it better he tried to create something than pass it around with the atrocious midfield. But yeah he does it nearly every game, so I get your point.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
You obviously didn't watch the same match as me, in which Messi and Neymar were obliged AGAIN to do the midfield job.

My "4 handpicked plays" are actually more than that, because he helped Digne and worked on build up more than once (same goes for Messi).

About your last paragraph, I would love to see him completing more passes, so in a way we agree on that.

What a disagree is all 11 players passing around with no creativity at all, just for the sake of "completing passes".

I would rather make some mistakes and try to create something (just like Lucho and Messi apparently agree).

That's because we need goals to win matches and to score goals we need to move the ball forward.

Since this team doesn't have a midfield at all, we are obliged to rely on two players taking risk to move the ball forward: Neymar and Messi.

One is Messi, his name says it all, but the other isn't.

I would love to see this team with a dominating and creative midfield like on Xavi times, but we don't have that. And we work with we have.

You know, we are mostly on the same page, and as I said our midfield problems have to be solved as soon as possible, but that is a whole different problem on it's own...

I don't really want to compare him with Messi because that would be absurd, it's just that Ney's decision making is so far away from the argentine, that he should learn to better pick his passes better... Look how many times Digne offered himself in an overlapping run and Ney just ignored him and instead went looking for an over-the-top pass or shot... And while the comparison is unfair, the risks Messi takes are more calculated; with Ney I feel like he's running into a wall again and again trying to bring it down, while Messi looks for weak spots before actually taking a swing at it...

The thing is that we know that Ney can do it, in fact in the play of the penalty he did exactly what he was supposed to do, quick one touch pass and movement, it's just so far in between that I get frustrated...

Vlom

Now that he's officially earning Messi level wages are we allowed to expect GOAT displays every game or is "decent" and "fouls in dangerous positions" still the objective here ? :coffee:

Because during a moment in the first half, he proved that he has it in him (as if we doubted that), he just can't be bothered to stay focused enough to keep it up.

Home of Barca Fans