Neymar Jr. - v5

God Serena

You, and others like you, seem to have forgotten that he played a big part in about every big trophy that has been won in recent years. So he plays bad at times. Big fucking deal. What's this, the discovery of the century?

No no, I don't forget that at all. I'm not even on the Neymar hate train like many (Across all Neymar threads I think I have like 3 posts?), but the way so many pretend like Neymar can't put a fut wrong is irritating. He has many faults and his runs of poor form are frequent and they are lengthy. The fact that all he has to do to make so many people forget that is play well for Brazil is an annoyance because he's likely to come back here and go back to horsing around with the ball.

Altomonte

Neymar clearly felt comfortable yesterday. He is the big star, the fans love him and he has great players around him that look up to him. Messi, on the other hand, feels he has to do it all by himself. After watching yesterday's game it almost looks like Neymar taking over the torch from Messi. But we all know that things could change quickly. Let's see how the next games are going. In any case, this Brazil team looks strong, they seem to have their act together. Strong defense and creative offense with fast young players.

Raketa10

I am just happy we have both Neymar and Messi in our team. Messi is on another level, he is truly GOAT, but Neymar when playing like yesterday is also truly unstopable. I hope he also regains his form in Barca.

We have to remember that he didn't have preseason with us and this is costing him this season. Olympic games and entire summer in Brazil took their part.

On the other hand Argentina is currently playing like s...t so it's impossible even for Messi to shine there.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
"Messi looking to do all by himself".
Sorry, that's laughable."

When Messi gets the ball there's a sense of urgency, he immediately looks for fastest way to either create or run straight for goal.

When Neymar picks the ball, he stops and ignores his teammates, allows opposition to regroup and then tries his hero stuff and fails 90% of time.

Also, it's sad to even imply Messi is selfish after moving to flank to accommodate Suarez, and gifting so many assists to his teammates.
He could have dozen goals more per season if he was more selfish and "all by himself" character.

Mitchell1978

I think the reason why Neymar usually plays better for Brazil is because he's the clear top dog there whereas in Barcelona Messi is (and rightfully so).
Some people need to be the focal point to perform to their potential just look at his numbers when he plays with Messi and when he doesn't, other players don't need that to perform at their best look at Suarez whose numbers are about the same playing with or without Leo.
So for Barça its good that he stays but for himself, i don't know if he can reach his full potential playing on a team where he's not the main option.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He is a completely different player for Brazil. He plays with confidence and his style suits the team. You can clearly see the players around believe in him and accept him as their leader. Kind of what barca and Argentina does for messi. Only difference argentina is playing crap while brazil is not. That was not the case one year before, Brazil made some good progress in the last year. While Argentina went backwards.

serghei

No no, I don't forget that at all. I'm not even on the Neymar hate train like many (Across all Neymar threads I think I have like 3 posts?), but the way so many pretend like Neymar can't put a fut wrong is irritating. He has many faults and his runs of poor form are frequent and they are lengthy. The fact that all he has to do to make so many people forget that is play well for Brazil is an annoyance because he's likely to come back here and go back to horsing around with the ball.

His runs of poor form are not lenghty at all imo, and one thing about Neymar is that even when he plays under his normal level, he still impacts the game with a pass, an assist, or a goal. Like in the Monchengladbach game, he played like shit, but he gave two assists for Arda and Pique. We wouldn't have won that game without Neymar, even if he played pretty badly. That tells all about his contribution in the team. Plenty of moments of Neymar playing badly for his standards, but still helping us in decisive moments.

I don't get these constant reactions about a player that is Top 5 in the world easily, and a Ballon d'Or finalist last season. I mean, do people really think he's anything else but a world class talent?

Last edited:

PhilS

Neymar clearly felt comfortable yesterday. He is the big star, the fans love him and he has great players around him that look up to him.

Neymar clearly thrives when the responsibility, and the love, is on him. We need about a hundred million more Cules to get behind him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Shut up and start on that letter of support and throw few prayers for him and his dad while at it.

raskolnikov

I want Netmar to step up and Reach his Brazil level at Barca as well. Imagine if we can get him playing like he did against Argentina and Messi and Suarez playing like usual. It would make msn even more dangerous.

I think eventually he will reach his true ceiling with us and show his greatness. hopefully within the next 2 years.
Then eventually we might really get a passing of the torch moment.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
He was amazing with Brazil i'll give him that, a joy to watch even if I was rooting for Messi and Argentina.

Would be nice to have him play like that for us again.

mark1nhu

but the way so many pretend like Neymar can't put a fut wrong is irritating.

Man, I am ALWAYS here and I wouldn't find enough people doing that without some serious effort and dedication.

Biggest fans of him are always here to say that he didn't play well, made some mistakes, etc. But generally they (me included) don't overreact and try to make a point that mistakes are part of his package.

Home of Barca Fans