Neymar Jr. - v5

serghei

He won't move to Madrid because that would make PSG the laughing stock of Europe for the 2nd year in a row. The sheiks can't afford that. Neymar got what he wanted. Basically has to win the CL once every two seasons to stay relevant at PSG, considering they're like Usain Bolt competing in the women's 100m. race there in France. No one thinks it's a big feat to win the title in Ligue one with PSG.

Let's hope they knock out the 4th best team in Spain atm a month from now.

Last edited:

BarcaJack

He moved to PSG because he believes the combination of beautiful goals and stat in PSG, French champion and UCL, and a good WC performance will probably win him Ballon d'Or.

serghei

He moved to PSG because he believes the combination of beautiful goals and stat in PSG, French champion and UCL, and a good WC performance will probably win him Ballon d'Or.

UCL and World Cup yes, that would get him the Ballon d'Or for sure. Ligue 1 stuff? Nobody cares how much he scores against Mustard Dijon.

Jair Ventura

Yea, it’s hard to stay relevant in Paris. He’ll have to win the UCL every year for anyone to recognize him, same as Zlatan when he was with PSG.

Jair Ventura

Also, I know you some of you are practiced sports psychologist, but Cavani didn’t want the penalty because scoring a PK in an 8-0 victory is an anti-climatic way to become a clubs all time leading goal scorer. It would be a much bigger deal for him to reach that achievement in an important domestic match against Lyon this weekend. If you follow football, you’ve seen this before and you will see it again.

JamDav1982

Scores four and sets a couple up and no one outside of France takes all that much notice bar maybe glory hunting Brazilians.

Says it all.

Givenchy

Scores four and sets a couple up and no one outside of France takes all that much notice bar maybe glory hunting Brazilians.

Says it all.

I would love to see some BT Ligue 1 viewing figures since he moved to PSG. I remember his first few games many football fans here were tuning in but like you say nobody takes any notice now. I know people will use the 'well Barca have won 7-0 before' but thats missing the point, we have Atleti, Valencia and usually Madrid fighting for the league and Copa domestically who do PSG have?

Jair will no doubt continue the whole 'Givenchy you don't watch Ligue 1' 'you know nothing about football' 'Arsenal fan!' :lol: but honestly I don't get the issue. nobody doubts Neymars talent (hes done it on the biggest stage - CL final) or PSGs squad, they are up there as one of the favourites for the CL and they'd be fighting at the top of any league right now, heck PSG as a squad are wasted in Ligue 1. players like Balotelli and Memphis freaking Depay are lighting it up there

JamDav1982

I would love to see some BT Ligue 1 viewing figures since he moved to PSG. I remember his first few games many football fans here were tuning in but like you say nobody takes any notice now. I know people will use the 'well Barca have won 7-0 before' but thats missing the point, we have Atleti, Valencia and usually Madrid fighting for the league and Copa domestically who do PSG have?

Jair will no doubt continue the whole 'Givenchy you don't watch Ligue 1' 'you know nothing about football' 'Arsenal fan!' :lol: but honestly I don't get the issue. nobody doubts Neymars talent (hes done it on the biggest stage - CL final) or PSGs squad, they are up there as one of the favourites for the CL and they'd be fighting at the top of any league right now, heck PSG as a squad are wasted in Ligue 1. players like Balotelli and Memphis freaking Depay are lighting it up there

Any decent player wants out the league bar the riches of PSG even then top players wont want to waste too many peak years there.

The league overall is poor standard and no real exposure.

Jair Ventura

Networks are paying record sums for a Ligue 1 broadcasting rights domestic & international because no one is interested. North Africa, west Asia, Brasil, Francophone countries, etc = no one.

Home of Barca Fans