Neymar Jr. - v5

Total-Football

many things i dont understand here with the comments.. how is it even possible to watch city and psg and say city are better .. psg sits comfortably at the summit of europe football wise currently regardless of oponents.. i will just save the energy until they trash real madrid and maybe i will quote this for a victory dance.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe because Man City have beaten some top teams while PSG destroyed an Ancelotti led Bayern before getting whopped by a Heynckes Bayern at the Allianz?

You seem to have gotten offended at the notion of Man City being better right now as if you jumped the ship as soon as Neymar left to join PSG.

Total-Football

no i like city but im a fan of football. as a barca fan i feel compelled to show pep some loyalty and i love the fact that he s doing it his way.. nothing pleases me more than seeing the best football getting awarded with titles. this is not a disrespect to city i just think that psg is the best team in europe in terms of gameplay. thats it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I disagree, but we'll see.

It's not the first time PSG have played great only to falter in the CL.

Jair Ventura

I cannot consider a club that's never made it to the semi-finals of the Champions a big club, and no, that does not mean every club that has made a CL semi-final is a big club.

Man United
Man City
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Chelsea
Arsenal
Liverpool
Dortmund
Atletico
Juventus
Inter Milan
AC Milan

Not all of the clubs above have great teams currently, in fact PSG are better than most of them right now, but they all have one thing in common, they've qualified for the semi-finals of the Champions League at least once. PSG have never proven even remotely to be a threat in the CL and they aren't a big club until the do, regardless of their reputation, riches, or quality of players. I cannot consider a team that has only ever dicked around minnows in the French league a major club.

PSG reached the semi’s of the champions league in the 90’s and were ranked #1 in UEFA coefficients in 1998.

Nothanks

why is this thread always littered with the same guy fighting with like 20 different posters.
i'd consider it all spam at this point.

KingLeo10

many things i dont understand here with the comments.. how is it even possible to watch city and psg and say city are better .. psg sits comfortably at the summit of europe football wise currently regardless of oponents.. i will just save the energy until they trash real madrid and maybe i will quote this for a victory dance.

don't let your affinity for neymar cloud obvious weaknesses in the PSG team such as its defense and GK. even the midfield has hardly been the dominant engine that city's has.

Total-Football

don't let your affinity for neymar cloud obvious weaknesses in the PSG team such as its defense and GK. even the midfield has hardly been the dominant engine that city's has.

it has nothing to do with affinity, PSG has a world class midfield who has been player together for several years (that's also a factor), Rabiot and Veratti are world class players and nothing short of. Their attack is the closest thing you will get to MSN in terms of combining agility, strenght, explosiveness. Those characteristics would definitely hurt a team that plays with a high bloc (Remember pep's bayern and their high bloc in the first 15 minutes versus barca).

The fact of the matter is that city haven't played a proper team yet, and when they did they seemed mortal to me (chealsea, and especially versus Napoli, to less degree versus a frail arsenal in the second half).

Im not discrediting city, again .. but people ought to be patient with this premature reverence for pep and his boys.

henias

it has nothing to do with affinity, PSG has a world class midfield who has been player together for several years (that's also a factor), Rabiot and Veratti are world class players and nothing short of. Their attack is the closest thing you will get to MSN in terms of combining agility, strenght, explosiveness. Those characteristics would definitely hurt a team that plays with a high bloc (Remember pep's bayern and their high bloc in the first 15 minutes versus barca).

The fact of the matter is that city haven't played a proper team yet, and when they did they seemed mortal to me (chealsea, and especially versus Napoli, to less degree versus a frail arsenal in the second half).

Im not discrediting city, again .. but people ought to be patient with this premature reverence for pep and his boys.

Comparing City and PSG, City has the edge, no doubt abt it. PSG sits top in a league with barely no competition, and really sub-par to atrocious defending. PSG is still one hell of a squad though, I wouldn't write them off quite yet, with the form of Cavani and Mbappe, and their pace can still do some serious damage.

Strength and pace has always been our weaknesses, that hasn't really been rectified till now. You could say City is actually the modernised-form of Barca with KDB being the engine, post Xavi-Iniesta era. People who say we will trash PSG arent thinking straight as well. We have way too many flaws right now to be thinking tat.

Then again, many things can change frm now till Feb.

PSG reached the semi’s of the champions league in the 90’s and were ranked #1 in UEFA coefficients in 1998.

You seem to be correct for once, PSG did in fact qualify for the semi-finals of the Champions League back in 1995. My mistake.

PSG have still yet to do anything with the Qataris at the helm however. They are in a strong position, I too will start singing the praises of PSG if they manage to establish themselves as a force in Europe in the coming years. Prematurely hyping them is pointless, time will answer everything.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Wouldn't expect nothing else from a hardcore Neymar fanboy. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans